The Definitive DVD-Audio Guide v1.0...

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2007, 12:19 AM
now with four rings

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Definitive DVD-Audio Guide v1.0...

feel free to make this a sticky...thought it might come in handy for a few people...

http://www.tloftulsa.com/dvda/
Old 10-08-2007, 09:43 AM
now with four rings

well this DVD-A guide just hit 100 downloads, so hopefully you all are having success burning your discs...

i'll be posting the next revision of this guide soon, so keep an eye out...
Old 10-09-2007, 01:08 AM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

good guide for those that need it keep up the good work.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:44 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Nice work.

BTW, is this the definitive "mac" guide ? I figured if Windows I'd at least get an "also ran" (sniffle, sniffle)
Old 10-09-2007, 09:34 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by Adobeman
Nice work.

BTW, is this the definitive "mac" guide ? I figured if Windows I'd at least get an "also ran" (sniffle, sniffle)
haha, you know, i had a feeling someone would comment on this guide leaning towards the Mac side...that's why on the programs page of the guide, at the bottom it says all programs are made to run on mac os x unless otherwise noted...i thought about incorporating a Windows side to the guide, so you might see something in the next revision or two...

and believe me, your name came to mind numerous times while writing this guide....but honestly, i've never used your scripts to burn DVD-A discs (i use strictly Macs when it comes to stuff like that), so i couldn't comment on anything about it in the guide...BUT, i would like to add a Windows side to the guide rather than you all (PC users) having to find similar programs as the ones mentioned in this guide for Macs....so, please PM me or email me or something if you have any input as to what you think i should include for Windows users...

i've read many of your posts and know you're one of the most knowledgeable people on here when it comes to audio stuff, so don't hesitate to give me your thoughts...i'm definitely including you when i get to the Windows side of the guide...

and thanks for the comment...as of right now, 171 downloads...it sure picked up after mentioning the 100th download yesterday...
Old 10-09-2007, 10:11 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rimz,

Niiiccee!! And to think I was expecting a regular plain old PDF.

Could I suggest links for the available software in the next revision (switch, DVD Audio)? If you did and I missed it I apologize. Still...Great work!
Old 10-09-2007, 10:32 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by allykahn
rimz,

Niiiccee!! And to think I was expecting a regular plain old PDF.

Could I suggest links for the available software in the next revision (switch, DVD Audio)? If you did and I missed it I apologize. Still...Great work!
thanks

plain old?? come on...plain would have been a Word document...

yeah, i thought about putting links to the programs i mentioned in the PDF, but being somewhat lazy, i just put 'all free programs can be found on versiontracker.com' at the bottom of the programs page in the guide...

next revision -- links!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:15 PM
now with four rings

as of right now this guide is at 200 downloads...damn, it took a week to hit 100 downloads, but bump this topic once and in two days it got another 100 downloads...

i've been receiving a few questions through email from members on here, so hopefully everything is going well in the DVD-A world...
Old 10-11-2007, 10:32 AM
Intermediate

where can I find dvd-audiofile for Windows? Will the mac version work since it's just a java program?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:09 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by lebshiff21
where can I find dvd-audiofile for Windows? Will the mac version work since it's just a java program?
no, the mac and windows versions are separate...

dvd-audiofile 0.42 for windows...
Old 10-15-2007, 02:45 PM
5th Gear

Hi,

I tried the above manual to create a DVD-A disc using DVD+R and DVD+RW, it created but not playing in the TL, it just splits out?

I am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks for the HELP
Old 10-15-2007, 03:52 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
DVD-Audio SOLO worth it ...40$
Old 10-15-2007, 05:34 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by satisharas
Hi,

I tried the above manual to create a DVD-A disc using DVD+R and DVD+RW, it created but not playing in the TL, it just splits out?

I am i doing anything wrong?

Thanks for the HELP
so you read the guide i wrote but went against what i recommended...

page 2, 'What You Need...', number 6:

Originally Posted by The Definitive DVD-Audio Guide v1.0
Blank DVD Media - you may not think this matters, but it can make the difference
between numerous DVD coasters and reliable DVD-A discs. Personally, I’ve always
used TDK or Sony brand discs, but many other brands will work as well. Just don’t
use some unheard of name. And stick with DVD-R discs; I haven’t read too many
successful experiences with DVD+R, DVD-RW, and DVD+RW media. As for dual-
layer discs, stick with DVD-R DL as well, though I haven’t tried burning a dual-layer
DVD-A disc yet, I’ve read that others have had success with them.
thanks for reading it, but try burning your DVD-A disc again using DVD-R media... and thanks for proving my point...
Old 10-15-2007, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
rimz,

I just noticed this over the weekend. I tried using Max for .flac conversion. When I checked the conversion file afterwards, it listed each artist in a folder like in the itunes library. I removed the .flac files from the folder and placed into DVD-Audio. Everything went fine until I tried to play it in the car. Message said "format" and it ejected. So I don't know if the files have to stay in folders or not.

I was going to use Switch but the trial period was over and it would not let me convert to flac. I now have to buy it (which I think I will).
Old 10-15-2007, 07:24 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by allykahn
rimz,

I just noticed this over the weekend. I tried using Max for .flac conversion. When I checked the conversion file afterwards, it listed each artist in a folder like in the itunes library. I removed the .flac files from the folder and placed into DVD-Audio. Everything went fine until I tried to play it in the car. Message said "format" and it ejected. So I don't know if the files have to stay in folders or not.

I was going to use Switch but the trial period was over and it would not let me convert to flac. I now have to buy it (which I think I will).
i can't remember if i stated it in the guide or not, but i've never used Max before, only Switch...

and if you read this before you buy it, don't buy it...i'll hook you up with the full version...send me a PM with your email...
Old 10-16-2007, 07:39 AM
5th Gear

Originally Posted by rimz
so you read the guide i wrote but went against what i recommended...

page 2, 'What You Need...', number 6:

thanks for reading it, but try burning your DVD-A disc again using DVD-R media... and thanks for proving my point...
rimz,

I read page 2 but i gave it a try

I tried with DVD-R and it worked great for me. Sounds great.

I have one more question. How do I convert mp3 to get 5.1 channel / dts sound quality? (i dont know if we can really do it?). I am new to this sound stuff

Thanks for the help
Old 10-16-2007, 08:19 AM
now with four rings

rimz,

I read page 2 but i gave it a try

I tried with DVD-R and it worked great for me. Sounds great.

I have one more question. How do I convert mp3 to get 5.1 channel / dts sound quality? (i dont know if we can really do it?). I am new to this sound stuff

Thanks for the help
to convert an mp3 to a 6-channel WAV file, use BeSweet on windows...but using the free tools in the guide, you won't be able to burn a 6-channel WAV file...dvd-audiofile only accepts 2-channel (stereo) files...i think i mentioned that in the guide also...
Old 10-16-2007, 08:47 AM
5th Gear

to convert an mp3 to a 6-channel WAV file, use BeSweet on windows...but using the free tools in the guide, you won't be able to burn a 6-channel WAV file...dvd-audiofile only accepts 2-channel (stereo) files...i think i mentioned that in the guide also...
Thanks for the quick response. Will give a try today evening..
Old 10-16-2007, 05:40 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
BeSweet is definitely a cool tool but may be tough for the uninitiated to use at first.
I realize that this thread is geared towards Mac, and apologize if straying, but it you have access to a Windows box then you could fool around with the Adobinizer. It's a process to convert 2ch wav files to a 6 channel wav file. It also adds some effects to do pseudo surround. But as rimz notes you will need a tool to burn the 6 channel files like Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo (Windows too).

Adobinizer --> https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135210 Please direct any questions about it to the referenced thread so as not to hijack this any further than I already may have.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:18 PM
now with four rings

yes, i definitely recommend the Adobinizer... ...BeSweet, even though with a GUI, is a little difficult to grasp for first-timers...the Adobinizer is much easier to comprehend, so if you didn't have success with BeSweet satisharas, try Adobeman's app...

and you're not hijacking anything Adobeman...i welcome all input in this thread, even if others might call it hijacking... ...if i see some good info, i'll include it in the next revision, so keep posting your ideas...
Old 10-17-2007, 07:42 AM
5th Gear

yes, i definitely recommend the Adobinizer... ...BeSweet, even though with a GUI, is a little difficult to grasp for first-timers...the Adobinizer is much easier to comprehend, so if you didn't have success with BeSweet satisharas, try Adobeman's app...

and you're not hijacking anything Adobeman...i welcome all input in this thread, even if others might call it hijacking... ...if i see some good info, i'll include it in the next revision, so keep posting your ideas...
Thanks for the info rimz, adobeman

yeah i tried to understand BeSweet GUI, it got too many option for a first time user. i downloaded DVD Audio Solo for windows and written 5 full dvd's i wasted 3 with DVD+R media and success with 1 DVD-R (thanks to rimz)

yest night i tried to convert mp3 -> 5.1 wav and written a dvd using SOLO my Acura reads the disk but it just plays a noisy sound.

now my DVD Audio Solo is expired i need to buy it (i will).

Originally Posted by Adobeman
I realize that this thread is geared towards Mac, and apologize if straying, but it you have access to a Windows box then you could fool around with the Adobinizer. It's a process to convert 2ch wav files to a 6 channel wav file. It also adds some effects to do pseudo surround. But as rimz notes you will need a tool to burn the 6 channel files like Cirlinca DVD Audio Solo (Windows too).

Adobinizer --> https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135210 Please direct any questions about it to the referenced thread so as not to hijack this any further than I already may have.
Thanks Adobeman

I will try the Adobenizer.
Old 10-18-2007, 03:52 PM
"Advance"

Received 27 Likes on 11 Posts
Definitly need this as a STICKY!! So many people are asking!!

MODs ?