Damn DVD-Audio!! Why is it so damn complicated?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2015, 11:45 PM
Racer

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts
Damn DVD-Audio!! Why is it so damn complicated?

I lost my 3rd party AUX/BT module and I don't want a damn tape cassette or FM transmitter. I have looked for the past 2 days for software to burn some music on a DVD and listen to it in the car but WTF is so damn hard to do that?

Right now, all I really need is a piece of software, not some BS 2005 garbage that might have been fine then, but suck now. I tried adobemans 1.5 GUI and it always fails but before it creates around 3000 processes called mkisofs.exe after it generated the AUDIO_TS and my PC becomes unusable, RAM and CPU are at 99% and above and the only way to do anything is hard reset.

I found a mp3 to wav converter that gives me the right format, if anybody knew of a program that can burn those WAVs on a DVD that would wotk in my TL, it would be amazing.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:00 AM

Received 16,261 Likes on 11,972 Posts
use adobeman's script.

the GUI always gave me problems, but the script made it easy and fool proof.

and adobeman still browses the forums....LOL I wouldnt expect much help from him if you're calling his software a piece of shit.
The following 2 users liked this post by justnspace:
Adobeman (11-22-2015), TacoBello (11-22-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 07:05 AM

p.s. you must not know about software.

that same "garbage" is still good today, unless you can make a better one. and judging by the way you're asking, you cant.
Old 11-21-2015, 07:36 AM
Chapter Leader (South Florida Region)

Received 19,970 Likes on 14,486 Posts
I can't imagine going on the mission...
just buy the 9 albums on amazon that are already in that format and then listen to your Hansen stuff in normal stereo
The following users liked this post:
justnspace (11-21-2015)
Old 11-21-2015, 07:38 AM

^i have an aftermarket auxiliary port, then stream music. not the best quality but i'll take what I can get.
Old 11-21-2015, 09:02 AM

no doubt, it's the primary reason I pay for XM...gimme options!
Old 11-21-2015, 11:24 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
I paid $10 for software name Cirlinca. You can bring any file include adobeman out put files with no problem, I now have all 6 DVD-A in the car as we speak.
Old 11-21-2015, 01:15 PM

damn, that's awesome...
honestly, if i hadn't gone aftermarket and lost the center long ago, I'd be curious to hear just how amazing it sounds.
Old 11-21-2015, 10:11 PM
Suzuka Master

^^^^just a knot above the MP3 CD, most of the treble is going toward center speaker and while the rest of the speaker doing bass (this is on 2 channel) the volume somewhat softer than CD. Its impossible to make a 2 channel track into 6 channel tracks unless you are in the studio business and can "Remaster" the track into DTS format.

Adobeman software help convert the regular 2 channel convert into so call "synthetic surround sound" 6 channels sound track, this is NOT a true DTS format (however the difference between speaker can def be pick up by human ear). He got two out put one is "small club" and the other one is "large club" depend on song you will have to play around and see which one best for that specific track.

You can't download a DTS format and burn into DVD since regular computer does not have the ability to burn DTS format and keep the original quality. Most of the sound track we heard is just 2 channel. I might be doing a demo video to show you guy how it sound between CD and DVD-A vs DVD-A with synthetic surround sound.

Cirlinca is a software that let you use MP3, WAV etc files and burn it into DVD-A or DVD format.

Last edited by truonghthe; 11-21-2015 at 10:14 PM.
The following 3 users liked this post by truonghthe:
Ken1997TL (11-22-2015), polish_pat (11-22-2015), rockstar143 (11-23-2015)
Old 11-22-2015, 12:31 AM
Racer

A computer you buy in 2005 might still work, but it's a piece of garbage none the less in todays world. I never said anything wrong about adobeman or his work, his script and other stuff game me the best results and brought me as far as the Audio and video TS folder. I then tried to burn them but kept getting DVDA Format flashing.

I have tried so many methods, using an x99 computer and Windows 10 pro and 95% of the shit that used to work didnt support any OS past WinXP. One did work but requires .net 1.1 which simply didnt install. If not my anti-virus kep deleting files, as soon as they were being used, even when i asked it to clam the fuck down it didnt want to let the process pass.

I did see the HD-Audio Solo HD by cirlinca, it kept coming back as the easiest way to do it TODAY but I could not find any cracked version. I downloaded the trial and was able to burn 5 DVDs and they all worked perfect. 2 of those DVDs were mp3's (mostly 320kbps) converted to wav and upscaled to the correct format and the difference with simple upscaling is quite amazing. Notes and instruments you could not hear before are so clear right now.

I finally bought the software, cost me 68$ but I fell in love with that quality. Sure, much more of a hassle than just syncing your phone, but the quality is absolutely mind blowing. I then downloaded about 300gbs worth of FLAC songs and i'm in the process of burning all of that. Its too bad this standard was rejected so fast...the ipod killed quality music. Even when i get my BT module back, I might just stick a little longer with the DVDAs as long as i don't get fed up of always burning dvds. Too bad Tidal is so expensive...I was expecting a premium, but more than double the price of any other streaming? no doubt they are in trouble

Originally Posted by truonghthe
I paid $10 for software name Cirlinca. You can bring any file include adobeman out put files with no problem, I now have all 6 DVD-A in the car as we speak.
Where did you get it for 10$?

Also not too sure why such a spread in bitrate, but some flac files go as low as 476kbps and other a whopping 4500kpbs + and almost 1GB per song

Isn't there like a limit where it would be considered studio format or something? Most sites seem to say 1411

Last edited by Steven Bell; 11-22-2015 at 01:38 PM. Reason: Merge Posts-please try out the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner of each post (middle icon).
Old 11-22-2015, 11:48 AM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Hey Pat....
See you finally see you got Cirlinca. It's good stuff. I think you will like it.

In case you still want to try my stuff... Tell me a bit more about your PC (operating system, etc.) I'm not really actively developing it anymore but I still may be able to get you going. 3000 mkisofs is really strange indeed. Version 1.5 definitely works on 7 and 8/8.1 but not sure about 10 but I think there may be some internationalization issues and as I recall you are up in the great white north. Also, the built in mp3-->wav conversion is flaky so best to feed it wav files rather than anything else.

As far as burning goes that has been problematic for folks. I currently use Win 8.1 to directly burn. If you are using 8 and don't see a burn iso option see this page Fix: Burn Disc Imageā€ Option Missing From Context Menu

"some BS 2005 garbage that might have been fine then, but suck now"... some offense... j/k It's "vintage"...

And truonghthe ... good to hear you are messing with small and large club. As you say not true DTS but hopefully having some fun with it.
Old 11-22-2015, 11:51 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by polish_pat
Where did you get it for 10$?
it was a promotion through their website during xmast that I bought back in 2012.

Originally Posted by polish_pat
Also not too sure why such a spread in bitrate, but some flac files go as low as 476kbps and other a whopping 4500kpbs + and almost 1GB per song

Isn't there like a limit where it would be considered studio format or something? Most sites seem to say 1411
the upgrade the output on the cirlinca is total garbage, use Adobeman its better. Yes if you trying to upgrade into 6 channel then the whole DVD could only contains about 15-20 tracks.

Originally Posted by Adobeman
And truonghthe ... good to hear you are messing with small and large club. As you say not true DTS but hopefully having some fun with it.

Yeah I play with it alot like rock I would go with large club and some country song i like to go with small club. BTW if you can up load a demo video it would be nice, I search but none video founded so I found that you have to convert MP3 file into WAV file and drag them into the input folder then double click on the large or small club.exe for conversion, after that use the file on the out put folder for burning. I like your method of upgrade the channel better than Cirlinca one, Bass and treble can be heard through difference speaker.

Last edited by Steven Bell; 11-22-2015 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Merge Posts-please try out the Multi-Quote button in the lower right hand corner of each post (middle icon).
Old 11-22-2015, 06:24 PM
Racer

Hey Pat....
See you finally see you got Cirlinca. It's good stuff. I think you will like it.

In case you still want to try my stuff... Tell me a bit more about your PC (operating system, etc.) I'm not really actively developing it anymore but I still may be able to get you going. 3000 mkisofs is really strange indeed. Version 1.5 definitely works on 7 and 8/8.1 but not sure about 10 but I think there may be some internationalization issues and as I recall you are up in the great white north. Also, the built in mp3-->wav conversion is flaky so best to feed it wav files rather than anything else.

As far as burning goes that has been problematic for folks. I currently use Win 8.1 to directly burn. If you are using 8 and don't see a burn iso option see this page Fix: Burn Disc Imageā€ Option Missing From Context Menu
Ya very weird. Maybe why my anti-virus kept freaking out i had to boot into safemode and disable it before being able to play with the GUI. I have an x99-a, i7 5930, and 32gb DDR4 running w10 pro. It's not a gaming PC, so I don't have a powerful GPU. It's the first time i've seen anything clog up the PC to a point where accessing task manager would take 4-5 minutes juste to open. I guess with 3000 processed, it might be normal. Basically it all goes wrong after it creates the TS folders, then a CMD windows appears and stays black, then its a matter for 1 minute or so before enough processes are created to paralyze the PC. Bacause I have purchased cerlinca, im done fiddling around, but if you need to test anything on my x99 chipset, let me know.

"some BS 2005 garbage that might have been fine then, but suck now"... some offense... j/k It's "vintage"...
In no way was I talking about your stuff. Vintage? Oh hell no, just like thiose guys that hacked the TL navi, when your work survives a decade of technological advance, it's LEGENDARY. I was talking about all the cerlinca like software that is listed under "compatible with windows 95, 98 and maybe xp"

Originally Posted by truonghthe
the upgrade the output on the cirlinca is total garbage, use Adobeman its better. Yes if you trying to upgrade into 6 channel then the whole DVD could only contains about 15-20 tracks.
This is not the output file, it's the size of the song in the album. I saw a "best of Tupac HQ FLAC" that had a little over 8GB in size. I was expecting like 50-60 songs but to my surprise, there were only 14 or 15. I checked the bitrate and non of them were anything under 2000kbps, with most between between 4-5000kbps. I also don't rely on cerlinca for the encoding, i use a software called wav-mp3 converter that I had for years and it converts pretty much any audio format with manual settings for each.
The following users liked this post:
Adobeman (11-22-2015)