Celestion door speakers

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2012, 05:28 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Celestion door speakers

So first off guys im gonna apoligize if this thread has already been posted.

Ive heard through the wire that these celestion speakers are the real deal for hitting those highs and mids. Unfortunatley i dont have days on end to find these speakes . Went to the official site and googled and found nothing. If you guys have a link or a hook up please help. thanks in advance
Old 12-11-2012, 10:51 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
You heard wrong.

It's lower end pro audio...and lower end pro audio is the worst stuff you can put into your car.

The brands you want to look into are

B&C
JBL
Faital
18sound
ciare
Old 12-11-2012, 11:50 PM
8th Gear

I'm pretty new to this forum. I honestly need someone to tell me the speaker specs for a 2006 Acura TL Nav 5AT. I want to upgrade all the speakers and keep the factory amp. What is ohms, size etc.

I'm looking at the infinity's speakers for all except the subwoofer which is going to be an alpine type R.
Old 12-12-2012, 01:49 AM
8th Gear

These are the specs I'm trying to get;

Front speakers: Infinity Reference 6030cs 6.5-Inch 270-Watt Two-Way Component System or INFINITY KAPPA 60.9CS 270 W 6 1/2" COMPONENT SPEAKERS

Rear Speaker: INFINITY KAPPA 62.9i 6.5" 2-WAY 225W

Center speaker front: Infinity Kappa 32.9cf {3-1/2" 2-way Speakers (KAPPA32.9CF)}

Subwoofer: Alpine SWR-823D 8" Dual 2 ohm Type-R Series Car Subwoofer
Old 12-12-2012, 11:29 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I think it would be best if you do more research. It would help you to make a better decision and narrow down your list of speakers and allow you to get a better idea of what you want and what you don't work.

Infinity is great ifyou want bleeding ears. The tweeters are incredibly bright. Not too terribly bad on the stock amp but still bright and it gets worse when you add an aftermarket amp.

Running anything off of the stock amp is not advised. Adding more power makes everything sound better and will allow you to use aftermarket speakers to their full potential. Most aftermarket speakers aren't as efficient as stock speakers so the possibility is there to lose output. I actually recommend doing an aftermarket amp first on the stock speakers and then upgrading speakers if you still feel like you need to. An aftermarket amp on the stock speakers will make it sound better.

Stating your goals would be the first thing. Do you want it to sound real or do you want those crazy highs? Do you want lots of midbass? How important is sound quality? Do you just want something louder?

If you must use the stock amp, I suggest running a pro audio speaker due to their insane efficiency. The one drawback is most of the time they won't play as low as other speakers so people go one or two sizes larger to get the lows back. On the stock amp you should have no problems with a pro audio driver at 80hz. JBL and 18sound are solid performers in this arena.

Edit: I just realized I'm replying to two different people as one person thread jacked.

To the OP, If you want great sound quality that sounds like a live performance and you're using an aftermarket amp, Dynaudio and ScanSpeak. Pro audio is neat in it's own way with it's incredible efficiency but you would be best off going with an 8" to 10" in the doors. I have 9s in my doors and they fit pretty easily and look stock. For a mid range set, the JL Audio C5 component set sounds excellet, better than many high end setups. JBL also makes some great budget sets. I love the JL HD series amps. Powerful, small, efficiet, reliable, etc. Their XD amps are great too. A little cheaper, a little less power but very good amps.
Old 12-12-2012, 03:27 PM
8th Gear

I actually want something really crispy like the Bose home surround system. Not too loud to make my car rattle. I want to be able to hear a pin drop. You know what I mean. I listen to rock, jazz, hip hop, rap, techno, RNB, blues. Pretty much everything.

My question now is I really want to keep my amp but if changing the amp will make the speakers sound really nice, I don't mind changing it. I'm looking at the Rockford fosgate R600-5 prime series 600 watts rms 5 channels.
My nightmare about changing the amp is that I don't want it to affect my HFL, Nav and etc.

Please advice "I Hate Cars"

Thank you.
Old 12-12-2012, 04:29 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 594 Likes on 457 Posts
Thats easy keep the center channel on the oem amp. New amp powers other speakers! Thats what many of us have done.
Old 12-12-2012, 05:32 PM
8th Gear

Thanks. pohljm please can you confirm from my previous question about the specs of speakers and amp I want to upgrade if it is ok or not. I kinda like the infinitys. It really sounds nice in my brother's Mercedes Benz and it is factory.

I would appreciate your advice
Old 12-12-2012, 06:42 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
I doubt the OEM Mercedes speakers are the same as what you buy at the store. There's just no way they would put a speaker that bright into a high end vehicle. I started with Infinity just like many people did but there comes a point where you're worn out and you've had enough of the crazy tweeters. In the beginning you associate bright with detailed but eventually you realize that's not the case and you can have considerably more detail without the brightness. Wow, I've got to take a nap, I fell asleep 5 times trying to write this post.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:25 PM
Suzuka Master

listen to some speakers if you can.
I wouldnt waste money on rear speakers. certainly not a 2-way in the rear.
I would use an amp that works well with this car like a JL.
components for front stage.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:38 PM
8th Gear

Pohljm so what you are saying is that I should get components in the fronts, just midbass on the rear speakers. is the alpine type R recommendable as my subwoofer? And what type of amp should I get if I were to get a JL installed. 4 channels or 5 channels? Can you please recommend speakers, sub and amp that would make this car sound crispy clear. Just get me the links and I will just order it from there.

Thank you.
Old 12-12-2012, 10:35 PM
Suzuka Master

Contact neibur3 jerry will help you. You can look at my build thread. Its titled "mild grade fever". Are you doing the work yourself?
Old 12-12-2012, 11:36 PM
8th Gear

No I'm not doing it myself. Someone is going to install it for me. I just want to get the parts and they just install.
Old 12-14-2012, 12:34 PM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
Find a local shop that you know and feel that you can trust. Have them recommend some component sets and then listen to them. You can have massive fail if you just take your stuff to installers, and some of the good ones won't even install stuff that they don't sell. I would focus on the front components and a sub. Leave the stock amp for the center and rears.

All navi and HFL functionality will be retained - the head unit processes it and the amp just amps.

If you are paying retail and for an install, plan on about a G for this. If you want to do it on the cheap, then you will probably have to do it yourself.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:12 PM
8th Gear

Jda123 so you are saying I should get an amp for the front and sub right? I have listened to what I like. The infinitys and I like the alpine type r sub and JL Audio.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:15 PM
Dogmatic Dinosaur

Received 72 Likes on 52 Posts
That is what I would do. I have many, many higher end amps just sitting in my garage and all that I am amping is the front components and the sub. Your mileage may vary, but I get nothing out of the center channel and the stock amp is capable of delivering enough rear fill for me.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:27 PM
8th Gear

Jda123 So which of the JL audio sub model would you recommend me to get and will also fit my current sub spot. Will a 10" fit in the same spot?