Cd=r?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2005, 01:20 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cd=r?

Do our CD players play CD-R Disks? Inserted one and it kept poppping out.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:51 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All I have in my changer is burned CD-Rs..... They work just fine. I've even heard that CD-RWs work too, but I haven't tried it myself.

Might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you're putting the disc in the right way?? A lot of the CD-Rs for computers are shinny on both sides, so maybe you just insert the disc in the wrong way?

The one disc that you're using that the changer keeps spitting out... Can you play it in other CD players/changers (both home and car)? If so, and you're sure you're putting the disc in the car changer correctly, then I would suggest that you take it to the dealer to have a look at it.

Good luck
Old 08-24-2005, 09:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeeper31
The system supports CD-R. One reason for rejecting could be the media. I've used different brands of media like Memorex, Phillips, TDK, GQ (Frys) and Maxell. Never had any problems with those.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:40 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by erok72
All I have in my changer is burned CD-Rs..... They work just fine. I've even heard that CD-RWs work too, but I haven't tried it myself.

Might sound like a stupid question, but are you sure you're putting the disc in the right way?? A lot of the CD-Rs for computers are shinny on both sides, so maybe you just insert the disc in the wrong way?

The one disc that you're using that the changer keeps spitting out... Can you play it in other CD players/changers (both home and car)? If so, and you're sure you're putting the disc in the car changer correctly, then I would suggest that you take it to the dealer to have a look at it.

Good luck
Not sure. I never actualy put a CD in a player before. Heh heh. Just kidding. Yes it is in right. I didn't check to see if it plays anywhere else yet. Thinking it might have MP3s on it and that's why. I think it is a TDK.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts

yes it does but you have to burn them on as cda files, it won't play MP3 files.

But I would avoid using any burned CD's that you have put those adhesive labels on. These can get stuck in your CD player, and it will not work anymore even if you get the CD out. Happened with my Mustang.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:53 AM
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 16 Posts
Not sure. I never actualy put a CD in a player before. Heh heh. Just kidding. Yes it is in right. I didn't check to see if it plays anywhere else yet. Thinking it might have MP3s on it and that's why. I think it is a TDK.
wasn't able to update my post in time, basically all I was saying is that for the Car CD player or any CD player (without MP3 capability) to read MP3 files, is to have them in a format that the CD player can understand. This can be done by first converting your MP3 to wav files first, then burning to CD, or better yet let the burning application do it. Many programs do this conversion for you, so all you have to do is drag and drop the MP3s you want on your CD.

Obviously, because you are basically making a regular CD, you will only be able to hold at most 15 - 17 tracks on the CD depending on song length.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:59 AM
Instructor

Checked it out and it was an MP3 disk. Sorry guys.
Old 09-10-2005, 11:00 AM
Instructor

I was havinf some issues with my CD player not playing burned CD and other Cds too. It used to do it until it stopped, so I went to dealer and they told me that Acura's and Honda's CD player don't read burned CD's and that it's on the acura bulletin or something like that!! Personally It doesn't make any sense because I didn't have any problems at all before.. Another thing they told me is that if I kept playing burned cd for a long time, the console would go to Lock mode or something like that..

Did anyone have any problems with this or heard something like that????

PLEASE HELP BECAUSE I CAN'T READ MY CDS!!!