BT45-Hon3

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 05:40 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BT45-Hon3

Does anyone have the BT45-Hon3 installed in their 3G TL? I currently have the iSimple ISHD571 installed in my car but the volume for that device is low. If someone have the BT45-Hon3 can you tell me if the installation is the same as the iSimple or I have to connect it directly to the XM device in the trunk? Thank for your time.
Old 05-16-2015, 05:48 PM
Racer

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts
I literally JUST installed this in my car. I believe the installation for it is pretty much the same as the iSimple, as I didn't have to unplug anything in my trunk. I do think that the model of your TL matters though, as if it's an '07-08 w/ Nav, you need the BT45-ACU instead. Installation took me maybe 1.5 hours, as I was being careful with taking off a lot of panels and reviewing pictures to put the correct screws back in place.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:13 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by jimmyfu
I literally JUST installed this in my car. I believe the installation for it is pretty much the same as the iSimple, as I didn't have to unplug anything in my trunk. I do think that the model of your TL matters though, as if it's an '07-08 w/ Nav, you need the BT45-ACU instead. Installation took me maybe 1.5 hours, as I was being careful with taking off a lot of panels and reviewing pictures to put the correct screws back in place.
Is the volume the same as the head unit or is it lower for you on either the bluetooth or the aux input?
Old 05-17-2015, 06:49 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by 3GTLOwns
Is the volume the same as the head unit or is it lower for you on either the bluetooth or the aux input?
It's variable, as in it's dependent on your volume output on your phone. If you max out the volume on your device, you're going to get louder output through the speakers even if you're only at "1", and vice versa.

Another decent feature I like is that it can integrate somewhat the headunit's controls and steering wheel. You can hit "ch +" on the wheel and it'll skip to the next track, and you can also answer inc. calls with the wheel as well. It also can display track info on your display and radio area, but that's dependent on your device, because the device will need something in the bluetooth profile called AVRCP 1.4 or higher. I have a oneplus and I believe it only has 1.3, so it just shows "no name". Small price to pay though, because I'm still loving the unit and functionality.

In terms of syncing, it took about 30-60 seconds for initial sync, but after that it syncs up flawlessly. Once synced, it also starts to play music through google play, irregardless if I used some other program to stream music before, i.e. soundcloud or spotify. There probably is a feature somewhere that can turn off the auto play, but I haven't been concerned with this issue to dig up any info.

The mic seemed to be OK also, it was a breeze to install. The instructions told me to not put it directly on the windshield (not sure why, vibrations maybe?), but I ran the wire under the a-pillar cover and stuck it on there anyway. I only did 1 test call, and that was when parked, but voice quality seemed to be OK.

Lastly, as I'm connected through to the XM unit, the preview info for XM does pop up, but I'm not getting any sound bleed. I'm not sure what would happen if my device could send over track info, but it's not really a big deal to me at this point.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:02 PM
Intermediate

It's variable, as in it's dependent on your volume output on your phone. If you max out the volume on your device, you're going to get louder output through the speakers even if you're only at "1", and vice versa.

Another decent feature I like is that it can integrate somewhat the headunit's controls and steering wheel. You can hit "ch +" on the wheel and it'll skip to the next track, and you can also answer inc. calls with the wheel as well. It also can display track info on your display and radio area, but that's dependent on your device, because the device will need something in the bluetooth profile called AVRCP 1.4 or higher. I have a oneplus and I believe it only has 1.3, so it just shows "no name". Small price to pay though, because I'm still loving the unit and functionality.

In terms of syncing, it took about 30-60 seconds for initial sync, but after that it syncs up flawlessly. Once synced, it also starts to play music through google play, irregardless if I used some other program to stream music before, i.e. soundcloud or spotify. There probably is a feature somewhere that can turn off the auto play, but I haven't been concerned with this issue to dig up any info.

The mic seemed to be OK also, it was a breeze to install. The instructions told me to not put it directly on the windshield (not sure why, vibrations maybe?), but I ran the wire under the a-pillar cover and stuck it on there anyway. I only did 1 test call, and that was when parked, but voice quality seemed to be OK.

Lastly, as I'm connected through to the XM unit, the preview info for XM does pop up, but I'm not getting any sound bleed. I'm not sure what would happen if my device could send over track info, but it's not really a big deal to me at this point.
So you are using this on XM mode instead of the CDC?
Old 05-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Racer

So you are using this on XM mode instead of the CDC?
Yeah. Don't all the TLs come with standard XM radio, even if you don't subscribe? Personally, I like how it takes over XM as XM was pretty spotty with reception, and I don't subscribe, so it the unit was a great replacement.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:17 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,120 Likes on 893 Posts
So this connects via bluetooth? I google BT45-Hon3 and some come up as bluetooth and aux.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:18 PM
Safety Car

Yes all TLs come with XM radio
Old 05-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Intermediate

Yeah. Don't all the TLs come with standard XM radio, even if you don't subscribe? Personally, I like how it takes over XM as XM was pretty spotty with reception, and I don't subscribe, so it the unit was a great replacement.
I thought if you install it in the back of the head unit you have to use CDC mode instead and if it was install in the truck where the XM module is you use the XM mode.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by EvilVirus
So this connects via bluetooth? I google BT45-Hon3 and some come up as bluetooth and aux.
I bought it for the bluetooth. I believe there is AUX functionality, but you'd need an extra cable that isn't supplied and is specific to the unit. Then you'd also run into the issue of having to run the wire through somewhere, such as drilling through a cubby hole. If you're trying to go the hardwired AUX route, there's cheaper alternatives, as this unit is about 120-140 ( I got mine off eBay). I don't think the TLs controls would also be able to control functionality of the device, as all that's connected is the sound/aux wire.
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (05-18-2015)
Old 05-17-2015, 11:18 PM
Racer

I thought if you install it in the back of the head unit you have to use CDC mode instead and if it was install in the truck where the XM module is you use the XM mode.
The instructions are a little confusing on the first page. They provide the location of the XM tuner, but I haven't seen a need to actually go to the trunk to disconnect anything. This unit isn't specifically for the TL, it's also available for a few other cars such as the Civic, Fit, S2k, RL, etc. Due to this, there are a few different ways to set up. For the TL (04-06 ALL RADIOS, 07-08 NON-NAV), you can use the XM module.

I installed following this for the most part: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...p-pics-895559/

The only area where I deviated was where to stick the actual unit, as it's a little bigger than the iSimple and won't fit underneath any cubby. You can just kind of jam it into a metal bracket on the side of the radio, with the slack wire folded? rolled?(not sure what the term is when you loop the wire in circles to organize)

You unplug the same wire that the isimple writeup specifies, and then you follow the paper manual included with the unit to figure out what to wire where. I've looked through a few times and it didn't mention unplugging the XM tuner, which is why I'm still confused as to why they would mention it in the first place.

Also, getting the wire out of the radio sort of was a pain, but it was alleviated as I had a plastic feeler gauge. I just pushed on what felt like a release lever, and used the plastic feeler gauge to get leverage and push the connector out.

Last edited by jimmyfu; 05-17-2015 at 11:24 PM.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:19 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by EvilVirus
Yes all TLs come with XM radio
Canadians would disagree. :P
The following users liked this post:
EvilVirus (05-18-2015)
Old 05-18-2015, 09:20 AM
Intermediate

So you can still get text display for music if you install it behind the head unit?
Old 05-18-2015, 09:32 AM
Safety Car

The instructions are a little confusing on the first page. They provide the location of the XM tuner, but I haven't seen a need to actually go to the trunk to disconnect anything. This unit isn't specifically for the TL, it's also available for a few other cars such as the Civic, Fit, S2k, RL, etc. Due to this, there are a few different ways to set up. For the TL (04-06 ALL RADIOS, 07-08 NON-NAV), you can use the XM module.

I installed following this for the most part: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-b...p-pics-895559/

The only area where I deviated was where to stick the actual unit, as it's a little bigger than the iSimple and won't fit underneath any cubby. You can just kind of jam it into a metal bracket on the side of the radio, with the slack wire folded? rolled?(not sure what the term is when you loop the wire in circles to organize)

You unplug the same wire that the isimple writeup specifies, and then you follow the paper manual included with the unit to figure out what to wire where. I've looked through a few times and it didn't mention unplugging the XM tuner, which is why I'm still confused as to why they would mention it in the first place.

Also, getting the wire out of the radio sort of was a pain, but it was alleviated as I had a plastic feeler gauge. I just pushed on what felt like a release lever, and used the plastic feeler gauge to get leverage and push the connector out.

Found this video for reference

Originally Posted by polobunny
Canadians would disagree. :P

Lol I forgot Canada's TLs a somewhat different in some specs
Old 05-18-2015, 01:25 PM
Racer

So you can still get text display for music if you install it behind the head unit?
Yeah, provided that your phone/device can support it. As I mentioned earlier, your device will need at least the AVRCP version of 1.4 or higher. Otherwise, you'll just see [no name] and stuff.
Old 06-11-2015, 01:49 PM
Advanced

Hi, I just installed the BT45-HON3 last night on my system with 3G TL with Nav. I chose to install the unit in the trunk instead of the radio like jimmyfu because to me, it looks like a lot of work versus in the trunk. I'm only using it to stream Bluetooth so I didn't have to run the mic inside the cabin. It works awesome!