bluetooth problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2009, 12:29 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bluetooth problem

does anyone have any problems with their bluetooth in their car. i have an 04 acura tl. paired with a blackberry tour. If i am on a phonecall for a long time, the bluetooth would disconnect and the phone call travels to my phone. Does anyone know if there is such thing as a software update for the bluetooth ? thanks
Old 08-20-2009, 03:42 AM
Make Nice, Not Rice

There are software updates, but I'm not sure if that would affect your bluetooth capability. From what I see in experience, some phones just work better than others.

I use to have the verizon enV and the problem I had was calling through the car. It sometimes doesn't hook up to the speakers, rather just the phone. Recently I upgraded to the LG Touch, never had a single problem since. Also you might see some forums of people posting "(Insert cell phone model) WORKS GREAT ON TL!" so as you can see, some phones work better than others.
Old 08-21-2009, 03:09 PM
'06 TL 5AT NAV Anthracite

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm wondering if your phone may have been defective? I've never had any issues. I have had a dropped call once in a while, but I think it's more the phone/bad signal than the Bluetooth being faulty. I'm with Verizon and when I bought my car in '06 I had a Motorola E815, then I went to LG Voyager. Today, I'm replacing my Voyager with the enV3 and I'm also planning to pair my BlackBerry Curve (work phone)
Old 08-21-2009, 07:12 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
There were HFL issues with the 2004's, to fix it required replacement. If you are still under factory warranty take it in. If you aren't, you'll have to decide if it's worth it, replacement is very expensive. Part alone is about $600.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:46 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 500 Likes on 278 Posts
Just curious, is long time 45 minutes or 10? I have not been on a call in my car longer than maybe 5minutes that's why I'm asking
Old 08-23-2009, 09:58 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by dea7hr0w
does anyone have any problems with their bluetooth in their car. i have an 04 acura tl. paired with a blackberry tour. If i am on a phonecall for a long time, the bluetooth would disconnect and the phone call travels to my phone. Does anyone know if there is such thing as a software update for the bluetooth ? thanks
don't mean to hijack your thread, but how did you get the tour to pair w/ your car? I've tried all possibilities and can't seem to get the phone to work w/ bluetooth.

Thanks.
Old 08-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up Bluetooth approved phones-Catch 22 run around

Guys and Girls,

I have a 2006 TL and one of the best things about my car turned out to be the Bluetooth conductivity of my Razr phone.

When incoming calls quit working recently I replaced my old Razr phone on a new "approved" Motorola Moto. It would not answer incoming calls and I thought I had it fixed but learned that I do not. I have done everything that was suggested, both here and at the Acura help line. I talked to Motorola after Verizon couldn't help me. At the dealer, because they could pair a Blackberry of a mechanic to my car so the Bluetooth was pronounced 100% perfect.

I just got a new Blackberry Storm, which is another "approved" phone and you guessed it, it doesn't pair to my TL. The dealer said that the car is okay because another service person's LG phone paired 100% perfectly.

So I am in phone limbo so to speak because it isn't Verizon, Motorola or Acura's fault depending on who you ask. I am using the approved Acura list of phones and still, it is not the car I am told, that is responsible.

As aside, I can pair perfectly, these 2 phone to our 09 Chevy HHR that my wife drives and it works perfectly well.

I think that I'm having smoke blown up my tail, but I can't prove it fully and it is a disappointment. How would one ever buy a phone and know that it would work with the TL especially after buying an "approved" model?

I guess I need to buy a GM car the next time I buy a new car, I sure like the new 304HP CTS/4 Caddy, and it has working Bluetooth as well as USB port/ iPod jack on the radio.

QuickRick
Old 08-30-2009, 09:52 PM
Advanced

I work for the Verizon and as some one just stated some phones work great with certain cars and some don't. I've paired Storm, Tours, Env 3, Samsung, Nokia, Motorola for the last couple years with BMW, Merc, Lexus, Audi, Acura etc etc and 85% of people don't have any major issues. Alot has to do with how often the individual uses the setup (a light user won't have many disconnect issues compared to the real estate person who is on it 6 hours a day). My Samsung Gleam pairs up with my 06 TL with no issues and has never disconnected. My average conversation in a car is about 1 minute or less so I'm a bad example but the point is your phone may not necessarily be bad and neither is your car. Bluetooth is still a relatively new technology in the grand scheme of things and it is far from perfected. Don't go throwing a tantrum at the Verizon rep or the car dealership just yet.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by QuickRick
Guys and Girls,

I have a 2006 TL and one of the best things about my car turned out to be the Bluetooth conductivity of my Razr phone.

When incoming calls quit working recently I replaced my old Razr phone on a new "approved" Motorola Moto. It would not answer incoming calls and I thought I had it fixed but learned that I do not. I have done everything that was suggested, both here and at the Acura help line. I talked to Motorola after Verizon couldn't help me. At the dealer, because they could pair a Blackberry of a mechanic to my car so the Bluetooth was pronounced 100% perfect.

I just got a new Blackberry Storm, which is another "approved" phone and you guessed it, it doesn't pair to my TL. The dealer said that the car is okay because another service person's LG phone paired 100% perfectly.

So I am in phone limbo so to speak because it isn't Verizon, Motorola or Acura's fault depending on who you ask. I am using the approved Acura list of phones and still, it is not the car I am told, that is responsible.

As aside, I can pair perfectly, these 2 phone to our 09 Chevy HHR that my wife drives and it works perfectly well.

I think that I'm having smoke blown up my tail, but I can't prove it fully and it is a disappointment. How would one ever buy a phone and know that it would work with the TL especially after buying an "approved" model?

I guess I need to buy a GM car the next time I buy a new car, I sure like the new 304HP CTS/4 Caddy, and it has working Bluetooth as well as USB port/ iPod jack on the radio.

QuickRick
I have the motorokr and the bluetooth is a nobrainer. Instantly recognizes every time i get in the car. I would guess it is the same as the your motorola.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:53 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up Frustration

Cheezes,

Oh no problems , no tantrum, I took it like a little girl without a wimper.

Rather than make a big stink, my MO is to remember and then never do business with those who blow me off.

What I say to friends: yes, I have an Acura TL with Bluetooth and the recommended Verizon phones and my Bluetooth system doesn't work as advertised because no one can repair it, or wants to.

Therefore, I buy from people who make stuff that actually works......the market is great that way as word gets around.

It's disappointing that something that worked perfectly for 3 years cannot now, yet there is "no problem" and it is no one's fault. It must be the sun spots.
People ran from Detroit iron for acting this way, (big and fat and we don't care) it can work that way for Acura/ Verizon too now that they are making ugly cars or phones with odd conductivity.

QuickRick
Old 08-31-2009, 09:49 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,106 Likes on 764 Posts
It's disappointing that something that worked perfectly for 3 years cannot now, yet there is "no problem" and it is no one's fault. It must be the sun spots.
One thought- how is your phone set up to answer on the Car settings? If it's on auto-answer, switch it "off," and put Auto Handsfree "on."

If that doesn't work, and your exact phone sub-model is listed as compatible, check the firmware version on the site against that on the phone to assess whether that is the origin of your connectivity issue-- that has been the case with several Verizon customers with other phones.

G/L.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Thanks for the answer willy.

QuickRick
Old 09-24-2009, 08:08 PM
Advanced

I'm currently having problem with my bluetooth not turn off when car turns off. Therefore, I think it drains my battery this morning, and i can't start the car. Does anyone having the same problem?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
A few months ago my new phone paired on first try and worked flawlwssly until it just stopped working a few weeks ago for no apparent reason and I can't get it to pair again ... I get all the way to the end of the procedure where the system asks for a name for the phone and the system just waits for about 10 seconds and then kicks me out. Have tried multiple times with different phones... some the car has seen, and some it has not. Can get to the same point in the procedure every time, but can't finish because it won't hear / accept a name.

Over in Edmunds there are multiple people reporting similar problems starting early March.

Getting ready to get the dealership involved - anyone know anything about this / having similar problem? I will try checking the settings as Will Y. suggested but I don't knonw why those would have changed since everything was working fine.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Instructor

Thumbs up TL bluetooth

ACK,

I went to the dealer under warranty to have them take a look. Their "test" is to try and link up a phone of one of the mechanics. Once it was a BlackBerry and it worked perfectly, then at work I got a BB Storm. It wouldn't answer incoming calls like my Motorola Moto won't either. You can always call out.

I go back and they pair up an LG and , of course, it works flawlessly too. What ticks me off is that my Motorola is a TL "recommended phone" as well. So when the LG worked I couldn't say much but that is the test used and I still recommend it.

I paired my same Moto phone to my wife's 09 Chevy HHR, and it works like a champ all day long. I think that Acura has a weak Bluetooth system myself.

So I found a fix that is lasting....we ordered a new Cadillac CTS!

QuickRick
Old 03-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Cruisin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So I found a fix that is lasting....we ordered a new Cadillac CTS!

QuickRick
Nice work-around. My neighbor looked at the 09 TL and opted for the Caddy CTS. He's very happy with his decision - it's a very nice ride.

I talked to the dealer service yesterday and they told me they would do the test just as you described. If necessary, they'd order the part then. The thing that makes me think this is a problem with the system is that the phone (an LG) worked perfectly for months and suddenly stopped... and then won't pair. (also tried clearing the phones in the memory in case of conflict) If I need the part it sounds like it will be covered by warranty... but I'm still hoping for the easy fix.
Old 03-27-2010, 07:19 AM
Cruisin'

Guys and Girls,

QuickRick
Well it certainly didn't take long for me to find answers to my problem. My wifes 2005 Bluetooth and Motorola Razor worked fine together. She began texting more so I got her a more friendly texting phone, a LG Xenon. I can count the number of time on one hand where I called her and she was able to hear me. 99.5% she has to call me back and it works fine. I haven't been to the dealer yet. Wanted to see what forum members have experienced. I should take this thread to show that someone else was able to get an LG phone to connect. Maybe I should plug the SIM card back in the Razor.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:58 AM
5th Gear

I have the same problem with my '04 TL and the LG Xenon. Incoming calls won't even interrupt the stereo. I went back to my old Samsung phone after dealing with frustrated wife and children.
Old 10-25-2010, 07:50 PM
Advanced

My HF setup hangs up the phone when you hit the call button on the steering wheel. It works great when dialing from HFL but does not correctly pick the phone up. It worked great on my old LG and this Samsung connects easily.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:11 AM
GR8TL

I am having the same problems with my Samsung Alias2 and nobody seems to be able to help...