Bluetooth pops/crackles/hisses when dialing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 06:50 AM
'17 RDX Tech AWD - WDP

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Bluetooth pops/crackles/hisses when dialing

I'm experiencing something in my TL ('06, 5AT, NAVI) that I know is the "car". It's done it since new (now have about 15k miles), regardless of the handset I use and the location of the handset inside the car. I've also paired my handset to a new MDX ('07) when I had it as a loaner, and the problem was absolutely not present.

Here's the situation:

Hit the talk control button, tell the HFL to dial something. The HFL sends the signal to the phone to dial. Once the phone indicates that it has connected the call to the network, and the call audio is transferred to / made "live" on the car audio, the first 1-2 seconds are filled with a kind of crackling/popping noise. After that, it's fine.

If the audio controls are turned up a little, the noise is loud enough to hurt your ears.

My dealer has been great, but I've never mentioned this to them... Should I? Or, is it "just how this version of HFL works"?

FWIW: I've had three different Motorola E815 handsets and two different RAZR V3c handsets. They all do it. And, none of them do it with a headset...
Old 01-19-2007, 07:25 AM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
The hissing, etc. must be inherent in the system, because I have it as well. It occurs only during the dialing (actually, just before the phone dials)- it's a little annoying to me, but noit worth having the dealership screw up my car in an attempt to fix it. I wonder if there are any TSB's for this.
Old 01-19-2007, 08:56 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erdoc48
The hissing, etc. must be inherent in the system, because I have it as well. It occurs only during the dialing (actually, just before the phone dials)- it's a little annoying to me, but noit worth having the dealership screw up my car in an attempt to fix it. I wonder if there are any TSB's for this.
Yup, I think this is normal. I have the exact same thing with mine...only when the phone first dials, then its fine....i just turn down the volume so i dont come close to blowing the tweeters, then the volume goes back up. Not worth having the dealer screw with the car in an attempt to fix it. BTW I HATE acura dealer service....have yet to find a good one!