Bluetooth Observations (TRANSFER!!!!!!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:01 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bluetooth Observations (TRANSFER!!!!!!!!)

Okay,

I purchased my Moto v710 in November and I have used the thing consently for 3.5 months. I am a salesman on the road so I use it about 3 hours a day.

I love the concept and cannot imagine ever buying a car without this type of system ever again. Acura is my car of choice and all the other car compaines are so far behind there really is no other options.

Plus my '04 TL is my baby and I love driving it!!!!

But....there are somethings I want to rant about:

1. There should have been a "Transfer Button"...I find that it is impossible to put all your phone numbers in the phone book and who would want to anyway..it bearly works......I find myself screaming at the car "Transfer....Transfer" 10x a day.

a. Sometimes the transfer works..and sometimes I get Phone is in use. sometimes I get System Options and Sometimes it just ignores me.......

JUST PUT A BUTTON ON THE NAV SCREEN OR STEERING WHEEL....

2. Second, this could be the phone...but sometimes when I make a call from the phone (handset) the car will automatically pickup the call and sometimes I have to transfer it......(It might be something I am doing...please help if you know the answer)

Anyway, in general the voice recognition system works poorly.....It worked great during the fall, spring but once the background noise from the AC and heat was present the system has SUCKED.

Can't wait for the next generation Bluetooth system it should be awesome.........hell I am sure the first headlight didn;t work great either.
Old 02-04-2005, 01:33 PM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i have the same exact problem with transfer, the bluetooth is in its early stages, what acura really should have done was integrated a numberpad on the navi and integrate phonebook listings like the ES300 which is incredible. but like i said, and you said...and it has been said, bluetooth is fairly new, before it was put in cars it was very expensive to use in general, i guess that acura wanted to push the bluetooth for the redesign TL, but because its able to be put into a car for a cheaper price it also has its flaws...i too can't wait until next generations of bluetooth in cars
Old 02-04-2005, 05:32 PM
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
i have the same exact problem with transfer, the bluetooth is in its early stages, what acura really should have done was integrated a numberpad on the navi and integrate phonebook listings like the ES300 which is incredible. but like i said, and you said...and it has been said, bluetooth is fairly new, before it was put in cars it was very expensive to use in general, i guess that acura wanted to push the bluetooth for the redesign TL, but because its able to be put into a car for a cheaper price it also has its flaws...i too can't wait until next generations of bluetooth in cars
Actually, the TL with NAVI already has the technology to add a phonebook. The system is set up to "pass" phone numbers over to the HFL system i.e. hitting the send button on the navi screen. Since you can already store destinations on the nav in flash memory, wouldn't it be possible to input and store phone numbers as well? I bet if Acura modded their software to allow this, most TL owners would be lining up to buy the latest Navi disc.

Probably just a pipe dream........