Blitzsafe I-pod adapter 100% functional

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:45 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blitzsafe I-pod adapter 100% functional

New & Improved Blitzsafe Ipod Adapter Works!!!!

I installed this adapter today and am 100% happy with it's performance. It so far, does everything it is supposed to in my 2005 TL ASPEC 6-spd with Navigation. No XM bleed whatsoever. Now I need to sell my brand new Acura OEM adapter which is ONLY compatible with 2006 VEHICLES.

Edit by datmrman
-----------------------
I removed your post concerning the sale of your adapter. Sales should be conducted in the Black Market: Private Sales subforum. Please create a new thread there if you are interested in a sale.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:51 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good deal, was there a problem before with the blitzsafe adapters on 05' models? I thought it was only on the 06'?
Old 07-27-2006, 06:40 PM
Advanced

Which adapter.. There site does not show anything for the AcuraTL 2004+

Originally Posted by 06si6spd

I installed this adapter today and am 100% happy with it's performance. It so far, does everything it is supposed to in my 2005 TL ASPEC 6-spd with Navigation. No XM bleed whatsoever. Now I need to sell my brand new Acura OEM adapter which is ONLY compatible with 2006 VEHICLES.

Edit by datmrman
-----------------------
I removed your post concerning the sale of your adapter. Sales should be conducted in the Black Market: Private Sales subforum. Please create a new thread there if you are interested in a sale.
Old 07-27-2006, 07:54 PM
Advanced

I purchased the BlitzSafe DMX V.2X acouple months back installed it and all it would do is charge the Ipod. I spoke with Victor in technical and he was aware of the problem with XM Bleeding and Bluetooth compatability problems. They researched it for about two months and than designed another chip or prom for the I-pod adapter. All I know is that I got one of the newest ones and their are no problems yet as of TODAY. I wish the OEM one worked on the 2005 TL's but it does not function 100%. However those of you with 2006 vehicles should have no problems. I spoke with Acura Customer care and they stated that this OEM adapter is specifically made for 2006 models. The radio part numbers are different between the 2 years also.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:55 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

I hope you are referring to the Blitzsafe HON/MLink1 V.2X

and not the Blitzsafe HON/AUX DMX V.2X

The MLink is the one that has iPod intergration, not the AUX DMX.
Old 09-26-2006, 10:19 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 06si6spd

Edit by datmrman
-----------------------

How do you like you blitzsafe? I was thinking about buying one. Also, does the blitzsafe let you also control the ipod while connected to the vehicle?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 PM
Safety Car

Here are a few threads:

Blitzsafe AUX/DMX V.2X
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/word-131972/

Blitzsafe HON/M-Link1 V.2X
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/dont-forget-its-grey-tuesday-131784/

I would recommend this module:

USA Spec PA11-HON2
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131280

OR is recently updated version, USASpec PA11-HON2Y

More with a search! Good luck.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:22 AM
1st Gear

Exclamation Losing Climate Control Light Bulbs after BlitzSafe MLink1 V.2X

I installed the BlitzSafe HON/M-Link1 V.2X in my 2005 TL. It sounds great and operates okay.

My installation actually uses the Honda Y-Connector ($15 @ local Acura) and not the built-in BlitzSafe connector. As noted elsewhere in these forums, the Honda Y-Connector is long enough to extend out from behind the center console so that the 14-pin connector is easily accessible to remove/upgrade/change iPod/Aux adapter units. The BlitzSafe is mounted on the topside of the black plastic panel under the driver's side dash.

Now, the functionality...

There is about an 8-second delay when switching to the CD-C/BlitzSafe or when starting the car/radio with the CD-C/BlitzSafe previously selected. Victor @ BlitzSafe told me that a delay was to be expected.

If the CD-C/BlitzSafe was the last input selected when the radio or car was turned off, the radio display is BLANK when powering up again - no CD icons, no volume indicator, no source indicator. The display will then only light when selecting a different radio fuction - CD, TAPE, FM/AM, XM, Load/Eject CD. As a result, everytime I start my car I need to do the following:

1. wait 8-seconds (no big deal - time to put on my seat belt)
2. press play on the iPod (no problem)
3. press the Load CD button to light the radio display

I use the Load CD button because it will not interrupt the CD-C/BlitzSafe audio feed.

If any other input source was the last input selected when the radio or car was turned off, then the radio display will light up properly when starting the car or turning on the radio; therefore, the BlitzSafe is clearly the source of the radio display issue.

Finally, the most frustrating issue is that the BlitzSafe appears to be the likely cause of several blown light bulbs in my Climate Control Unit. After initial installation the lights behind the driver's side hot/cold/auto buttons on the CC Unit did not light. I waited until some regular maintenance was due and asked the dealer to replace the bulbs under warranty while performing the maintenance.

Before leaving the car for service, I removed the BlitzSafe (thanks to the easy under-dash install using the Honda Y-Connector).

The dealer replaced the bulbs and they worked for the entire drive home that night. I reinstalled the the BlitzSafe and the bulbs blew again. This time, though, the bulbs behind the passenger's side hot/cold/auto/mode buttons blew in addition to the driver's side hot/cold/auto bulbs.

Any observations or recommendations?

Has anyone experienced similar issues with the BlitzSafe?

Has anyone experience similar issues with the USA Spec? I am considering a change to the USA Spec.

Thanks!
Old 09-27-2006, 07:50 PM
The DVD-A Script Guy

Received 184 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Green_Is_Good
...If the CD-C/BlitzSafe was the last input selected when the radio or car was turned off, the radio display is BLANK when powering up again - no CD icons, no volume indicator, no source indicator. The display will then only light when selecting a different radio fuction - CD, TAPE, FM/AM, XM, Load/Eject CD.
If any other input source was the last input selected when the radio or car was turned off, then the radio display will light up properly when starting the car or turning on the radio; therefore, the BlitzSafe is clearly the source of the radio display issue.
Sounds like you may have the older firmware. I had the same issues and got an updated firmware in July/06 from BlitzSafe and if fixed that. There is still sometimes a delay between selections (XM, AM/FM, etc) but no blank display. The same FW also fixes the low volume XM issues.

But...I now notice that my radio beeps and all 6 disks get ejected when I just want to change one.
Old 09-27-2006, 09:03 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
does the Blitzsafe HON/MLink1 V.2X let you see what being play? i want to be able to see what is playing on my TL display just like XM radio does?
Old 09-28-2006, 01:59 AM
Safety Car

See this post from the USA Spec thread. Same rules apply.
Old 11-02-2006, 11:39 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Adobeman
Sounds like you may have the older firmware. I had the same issues and got an updated firmware in July/06 from BlitzSafe and if fixed that. There is still sometimes a delay between selections (XM, AM/FM, etc) but no blank display. The same FW also fixes the low volume XM issues.

But...I now notice that my radio beeps and all 6 disks get ejected when I just want to change one.

Hey Adobeman, did you ever get the disc eject issue resolved?