Blitzsafe - HON/M-Link1 V.2X VS USA SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 08:30 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Blitzsafe - HON/M-Link1 V.2X VS USA SPEC

Blitzsafe - HON/M-Link1 V.2X 'vs' USA Spec - PA11-HON2y

04'-06' Acura TL

I am trying to connect my iPod to my stock system.

Is the USA SPEC worth the additional money over the Blitzsafe?

Does the Blitzsafe take away any stock controls with XM or Navigation system?

Besides adding another aux input, are there any other added benefits of the USA Spec??
Old 10-19-2006, 11:25 PM
SSM 6MT

I went with the USA Spec because I wanted to control the iPod in direct mode and not play list mode. I don't know if Blitzsafe offers this function now, but they didn't when I purchased the USA Spec.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:39 PM
2004 Acura TL 5AT

Blitzsafe vs USASpec

I'm also interested on everyone's opinion, please post comments or recommendations (pros & cons) for both.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:14 AM
Advanced

I went and purchased the Blitsafe module yesterday. When I get it, I will install it and give my review. Being that the USA Spec module was almost twice as must as the Blitzsafe, I didnt think it was worth the few added options, especially not using the extra aux in that it provides. I HOPE I WAS RIGHT!
Old 10-24-2006, 12:08 PM
3rd Gear

While I don't have an Acura TL, I have a USASpec box in my 99 Volvo S70 and it works beautifully. I am glad to see there is now a USASpec option available for TLs.
Old 10-24-2006, 12:53 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Received 333 Likes on 257 Posts
I have the Blitzsafe and it works just fine. Mine was $92 with shipping from enfig.com. The only thing about it is that you have to use the controls right on the iPod (you can't advance songs with the steering wheel controls). I guess it's not a problem if you know what song is next in sequence and can click the > button to advance, but it's a pain to have to look at the iPod (as well as being dangerous while driving). I usually set it up when I'm parked, then just advance the songs without looking at the iPod when I'm in motion. A Drive and Play sounds like the best option as it has the best visibility (the small screen on the dash), but the cost is high.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:21 PM
9th Gear

I don't know much about the blitzsafe but I have to recommend the USA spec hon2y (fairly new) for the TL. Shows on the radio display track number (of playlist), which playlist is currently being played, and a timer (going up in seconds and minutes) for song length. great steering wheel control, installation pretty good, sound awesome, very happy with it. Not perfect in functionality but better than anything else I've tried

those in Canada, like me, can get it through ipodsforautos.ca
Old 10-24-2006, 09:37 PM
9th Gear

Originally Posted by TravPro
I don't know much about the blitzsafe but I have to recommend the USA spec hon2y (fairly new) for the TL. Shows on the radio display track number (of playlist), which playlist is currently being played, and a timer (going up in seconds and minutes) for song length. great steering wheel control, installation pretty good, sound awesome, very happy with it. Not perfect in functionality but better than anything else I've tried

those in Canada, like me, can get it through ipodsforautos.ca
oops, wrong link when I tried it, i meant ipodforautos.ca
Old 10-26-2006, 06:46 PM
2004 Acura TL 5AT

Thx for the info

Hi All, I do thank you all for your input and it seems if you want control throught your stock radio then you go withte USASpec (which is what I want) -

-------------------
'04 TL ASPEC
Old 10-28-2006, 05:09 PM
Advanced

Blitzsafe Help!

Ok, I received my Blitzsafe interface in the mail and installed it.

Installation was a breeze, only thing is:

It does not hook up through the cd button, it hooks up through the XM button which is fine, but I can hear an XM station along with my iPod music.

What is happening here? I dont even have xm, it is the preview and emergency channel.

HELP!
Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 PM
06 Anthracite TL

To 05whitetl, I'm not sure how yours is connected to the XM button- do you have Navi, and is the Blitzsafe - HON/M-Link1 V.2X the unit that you are using? As far as I remember, there is only one way to connect the device to the radio: unplug 14 pin connector from the radio, plug in the Blitzsafe, then attach the 14 pin male connector (from the stereo) to the second cable. If you did all of this, and you have XM bleeding in, I can only imagine that maybe the adapter is faulty somehow. Check out the help link at Blitzsafe.com:

http://blitzsafe.com/blitz_catalog/blitz_catalog.html

Then click on the link that says Help Desk.

Also, make sure the black cable going from the adapter to the iPod is well connected. Use electrical tape to secure it (I have to do this tomorrow). I had lost my right channel earlier tonight. I investigated, and found out the black cable was partially separated (at the connection point). I pushed them back together and got my right channel back. I attempted to answer one of your questions in a different thread, but make sure the whole audio system is OFF, then connect the iPod, which will turn it on, then hit the disc button twice to display CD-C. You should then hear only from the iPod when playing an mp3- don't touch the XM button AT ALL. You have to do this in the right sequence to make this work. After one or 2 times, it'll become routine to you.

I hope this works for you.
Good luck.
Old 10-28-2006, 09:27 PM
06 Anthracite TL

Also, I don't remember if it's possible to reverse the connection, but if it is, I wonder if this is what's causing your problem.
Old 10-29-2006, 06:19 AM
Advanced

[QUOTE=erdoc48]To 05whitetl, I'm not sure how yours is connected to the XM button- do you have Navi, and is the Blitzsafe - HON/M-Link1 V.2X the unit that you are using?

Yes, I have Navi and am using that model Blitzsafe. I tried it again this morning and got the same results, it does not come through on the "disc" button, but when I hit XM, the iPod music is there. Again I have XM bleed due to the preview channel playing.

You have Navi and it works when you hit the "disc" button??
Old 10-29-2006, 07:27 AM
06 Anthracite TL

The only thing I can think of, and I'm not really sure if it's possible, is that your connections with the 14 pin plugs might somehow be reversed. If this is not the case, then I must assume there is a fault within the Blitzsafe adapter itself. If it's not too much trouble, you may need to check your 14 pin connections, and set it up again. If this doesn't help, send the Blitzsafe back and get a new one. It is activated using the disc button, pushed twice, however (once the iPod is connected).
Old 10-30-2006, 11:02 AM
Advanced

Thanks erdoc, I contacted Blitzsafe and they advised me that I have a faulty module. I called Enfig and they agreed to send me a replacement immediately along with a return label to ship back the faulty one.

I will update you guys again once I receive the new one.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:57 AM
Advanced

Update

I received Blitzsafe module # 2, now I dont have the XM bleed situation but I cannot get the iPod NANO to work at all. I tried hitting the disc/tape button and nothing happens, only the cd plays. It does not go to a cd-c mode and play the iPod.

My first impression? This thing is a piece of crap. If Blitzsafe cannot help me tomorrow and get this thing working, I am returning it for a full refund. When you pay $90 for something like this, you should be able to plug it in and go. What I am going through right now with this thing is silly.
Old 11-05-2006, 01:16 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 05whitetl
I received Blitzsafe module # 2, now I dont have the XM bleed situation but I cannot get the iPod NANO to work at all. I tried hitting the disc/tape button and nothing happens, only the cd plays. It does not go to a cd-c mode and play the iPod.

My first impression? This thing is a piece of crap. If Blitzsafe cannot help me tomorrow and get this thing working, I am returning it for a full refund. When you pay $90 for something like this, you should be able to plug it in and go. What I am going through right now with this thing is silly.

I think you need to hit the CD button twice to put it into CDC mode. Try it. My PEI adapter sometimes required me to hit the CD buttun 3 or 4 times to get it into CDC mode.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toronto-TL
I think you need to hit the CD button twice to put it into CDC mode. Try it. My PEI adapter sometimes required me to hit the CD buttun 3 or 4 times to get it into CDC mode.
I have hit the button between 2 to 30 times, its not happening. I am waiting for Blitzsafe and Enfig to get back to me on what to do. If what they tell me does not get it working, I am seriously considering returning this and stepping up to the USA Spec module.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:36 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by 05whitetl

I decided not to try another Blitzsafe module and stepped up to the USA Spec. As soon as I receive it, I will install it and report back.
Old 11-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Advanced

Finally!!!

I received the USA Spec interface module. Night and day difference in construction between this module and the Blitzsafe. I installed the USA Spec into my car, again it was a breeze. I selected the playlist method which works beautifully. I plugged the iPod in and BINGO, immediately kicked over and began playing. It is a pleasure dealing with equipment that is designed properly.

STAY AWAY FROM THE BLITZCRAP, Save yourself the headaches and go with the USA Spec. It is worth the additional money.