Basslink I installed, Very Happy with results

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 02:33 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Basslink I installed, Very Happy with results

So Ive had the Basslink sitting in my kitchen floor for awhile, and finally a fellow AZ-er introduced me to another AZ-er whose friend did the install for me (you know, someobdy that know somebody that know somebody that know bout it.. )

anyway, I really don't know much about the install, but as a customer...i have to say he did a GREAT job....i mean, this is real quality work, wires and everything tucked in correctly, everything was clean and smooth.

now about the quality - for those of you who've been seriously experimenting with the TL sound, you will probably notice that, if you try and play anything with a defined bass, aka real rap - like Pun&MOP - NY Giants, you'll notice distortion on the stock bass, and the bass just sounds like crap.

whereas, if you were to play dance hip hop....for example Get Buck in Here, Feli fel or however you spell that retards name, the bassline is etched in the midrange and digitized, songs like that sound VERY good on the stock system...reason mostly being that the Bass setting affects all the speakers and not just the sub.

well after the install:
you will notice that songs like NY Giants sound absolutely superb, this also translates over to Rock too, real bass is brought out of the music

but then songs with the sythesized digital bass sound absolutely terrible - though I am wiling to bet i could probably adjust the bass to sound good for these types of songs, but I'd rather not.

so if you're just looking for boom, aka trying to create a club for 4 ppl in your car, then the basslink is not for you. but if you're trying to bring out the lower/mid ranges of a songs, this is definitely worth to look at. Moreover, I just wanted a bass that was a little bit louder, not POUNDING my skull in bass. - I have the basslink permanently around 20% on the remote knob, and it's plenty boom.

the best part is it sits PERFECT on the left side of the trunk, and the metal there is just right for the basslink to be bolted in.

If you're in the St. Louis Area 314-636 you should definitely give Distorted reality a PM, and he'll hook you up with his friend.

For the basslink install, it cost me $75, buy your own amp kit and 2 channel LOC, and as a show of good will I also bought a case of beer...so everyone can kick it and chill during the install.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:22 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
any pics joe?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:48 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
hey parth, not atm, i'll get some loaded up when i have the time, it's crunch time again for me at school, so I wont even be able to get my custom exhaust done until a few weeks from now