Audiovox PDA Phone - BlueTooth Problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2005, 12:12 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audiovox PDA Phone - BlueTooth Problem

Does anyone have this phone?? There're many different models for this phone, but the one I have is from Sprint.

I have Dropped Calls

My initial call never links to bluetooth, I have to hang up first then redial and bluetooth kicks in

I took the phone back to sprint, they reset it....still nothing. It's upgraded to the latest firmware. I'm unsure if it's the "radio" in the phone, but I think I may have them order me a replacement.

If somone knows that these are standard problems with this phone, I'll just take it back and get something else....but the PDA/AOL's a must for me.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have this phone and havent had any issues with it at all.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:03 AM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
I have the Verizon version with the latest ROM update available from Audiovox's site and it works OK. I have however had a couple of occassions where I it dialed out incomplete #'s after getting in the car. A soft reset solved that each time, so now that's what I do whenever I get in.

Only the Battery level and signal strength don't show on the MID.

Are you sure it's not the Sprint service?
Old 09-12-2005, 02:09 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by gabetl
Does anyone have this phone?? There're many different models for this phone, but the one I have is from Sprint.

I have Dropped Calls

My initial call never links to bluetooth, I have to hang up first then redial and bluetooth kicks in

I took the phone back to sprint, they reset it....still nothing. It's upgraded to the latest firmware. I'm unsure if it's the "radio" in the phone, but I think I may have them order me a replacement.

If somone knows that these are standard problems with this phone, I'll just take it back and get something else....but the PDA/AOL's a must for me.
While this might not be the most informative post for you, I have the same phone on Bell Mobility up here in Canada.

It is working fine 98.9% of the time and I suspect that the remaining 1.1% of problem is caused by some software I installed.

Some of the Software you add to your phone can cause all sorts of problems, specially if they are not made for Windows CE SE (Second Edition is what the SE means).

Best regards

frenchnew