Audio setup

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audio setup

im getting 2 12" kicker comps and a 1000k wat amp i was wondering how i would set those up in my car?lke which way to face them and would i get a bad trunk rattle?
also isnt the stock sub already hooked up?. and do i take that out or leave that in? and i think either that or one f my speakers are blown out cause it kinda of rattles in the back
Old 12-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Intermediate

i have 2 12 pionners,,,1000 wats each one with 750 amplifier,,,cant even stand it,,super loud,,,the trunk is vibrating the all time,,i have them like everyone put it on,,like in a sub box,,,,if someone seats on the back i have to lower the sub,,,its,,,to loud,,,you don't have to take out the stock sub,,,i have the stock radio,,so i used a filter from the sub to the amplifier,,,if you have a aftermarket radio,,,is way good,,,also recommend to change all stocks speakers..good luck
Old 12-01-2009, 10:51 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
ehhh it all depends

I have buddies that have 3rd gens with 2 12's and there is no crazy trunk rattle.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:21 AM
Instructor

thats what i want... no trunk rattle. do you know how they set it up?
also wheres is the stock sub located? isnt it the back seat behind the headrests?
Old 12-02-2009, 06:59 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by johnjohn1206
thats what i want... no trunk rattle. do you know how they set it up?
also wheres is the stock sub located? isnt it the back seat behind the headrests?
your 3g subwoofer is in the middle of the two rear speakers behind the back seats...you dont have to disconnect the stock sub if you dont want to...for best sound you want your aftermarket subs facing the front of the car. the enclosure or box is key. one 12 i think should do the trick
Old 12-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Design and build to fit your application...gain 6- 8 DB's of output and ditch all trunk rattles...check my build thread for more information...

-Jason
Old 12-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
^agree thats what I was gonna say get a enclosure thats for that sub honestly I dont think u need two... one will work good enough
Old 12-02-2009, 08:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,811 Likes on 1,282 Posts
Originally Posted by CSWBiggs
Design and build to fit your application...gain 6- 8 DB's of output and ditch all trunk rattles...check my build thread for more information...

-Jason
I still have all this cash that I don't know what to do with lol....

I agree, best thing I ever did.
Old 12-02-2009, 09:16 PM
Acura TL 2005 SSM

yeah i was wonderin about this too i want to put 2 12s in the trunk but keep everything else stock... obviuosly dyno the trunk... dont relaly want to change the stock speakers ... u guys think thatll pound good and clear or change stock speakers too?
Old 12-02-2009, 09:22 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by bcbud
yeah i was wonderin about this too i want to put 2 12s in the trunk but keep everything else stock... obviuosly dyno the trunk... dont relaly want to change the stock speakers ... u guys think thatll pound good and clear or change stock speakers too?

Hundreds and hundreds of threads answering this question.

CSW has given the best advice as to which subs. Not to sound cocky or arrogant but there is no better sub setup for the TL. If anyone could experience it you would never go with the standard ported or sealed enclosure in the trunk facing backwards ever again in a TL.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:24 AM
Pro

heres an example of volume vs rattle noise....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9vwq_umz8

thanks for the props Matt....i still have it...looks like i'm going to be finishing my system within the next 2 weeks...

-Jason
Old 12-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by I hate cars

CSW has given the best advice as to which subs. Not to sound cocky or arrogant but there is no better sub setup for the TL. If anyone could experience it you would never go with the standard ported or sealed enclosure in the trunk facing backwards ever again in a TL.
Had to jump into this one

To CSW and I hate cars....it all depends on your ultimate goal.

Rattles are easy to deal with, whether you go for the 5K band pass super dupper sub box or use this system of vibration, absorbtion, deadening combo...http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi. Send the dude an e-mail and you'll get solid feedback.

I'd have to agree though, if your goal is hecka loud subs, install a couple 15's or 18's, hell go with four or six......go all the way or not at all

And you guy know I'm messen with you, but seen, heard, the band pass box and would absolutely never use it.

I'm looking foward to next season, I have a two page check list of mods/adjustments I am making. I'd also like the hear CSW's set-up one of these days...

I hate cars, how's your system coming together? Make it happen man, I know it will sound great
Old 12-04-2009, 08:19 AM
TL = True Love

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
heres an example of volume vs rattle noise....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xy9vwq_umz8

thanks for the props Matt....i still have it...looks like i'm going to be finishing my system within the next 2 weeks...

-Jason
that iphone was MOVIN! lol i have 2 12s in my car, since i didnt want the loudness and slight rattle i had in my old impala, i just put the gain down and now it sounds nice, also i grew out of the whole LOUD ass BASS stage, and im only 21. now it just sounds beautiful listening to michael jackson.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:23 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ChicoOG
Had to jump into this one

To CSW and I hate cars....it all depends on your ultimate goal.

Rattles are easy to deal with, whether you go for the 5K band pass super dupper sub box or use this system of vibration, absorbtion, deadening combo...http://www.sounddeadenershowdown.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi. Send the dude an e-mail and you'll get solid feedback.

I'd have to agree though, if your goal is hecka loud subs, install a couple 15's or 18's, hell go with four or six......go all the way or not at all

And you guy know I'm messen with you, but seen, heard, the band pass box and would absolutely never use it.

I'm looking foward to next season, I have a two page check list of mods/adjustments I am making. I'd also like the hear CSW's set-up one of these days...

I hate cars, how's your system coming together? Make it happen man, I know it will sound great
It's always changing...except for the subs lol.

Which bandpass did you hear? As far as I know there are only two of this style and with the W6 in existence in a TL. I hated bandpass all these years but all it took was one listen to a properly designed system and I was in love lol.

When are you coming down this way for a meet?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:25 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by mcmguti
that iphone was MOVIN! lol i have 2 12s in my car, since i didnt want the loudness and slight rattle i had in my old impala, i just put the gain down and now it sounds nice, also i grew out of the whole LOUD ass BASS stage, and im only 21. now it just sounds beautiful listening to michael jackson.
Trust me...my system isn't all about the loud ass bass stage...i hate cars can attest to that...
Old 12-04-2009, 12:27 PM
Team Owner

Trust me...my system isn't all about the loud ass bass stage...i hate cars can attest to that...
Yes I can and since I stole your design, when are you going to sell me that box?
Old 12-04-2009, 12:36 PM
Pro

Yes I can and since I stole your design, when are you going to sell me that box?
lol...soon enough...i plan on finishing my box in two weeks...

Than you'll have the miracle box...you still impressing people with that box?

-Jason
Old 12-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Drifting

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Hmm

op, do a blow through