Audio for DVD Player & iPod

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2005 | 09:50 PM
Pro

Audio for DVD Player & iPod

So, I just recently installed my Pyle DVD player in the glove box...I also have my iPod nano in the car...

I'm looking to connect both of them to the Acura's sound system...I want to be able to play the DVD when I watch movies and at other times, I want to listen to mp3's from my iPod nano...

Is there a unit that allows me to connect both of these audio sources into Acura's sound system?

What if I splice the XM wires? (by the way, I don't use XM at all)

Are there any other wires that I could splice that would allow me to use either of these audio sources (obviously not simultaneously)?

I know that blitzsafe makes adapters for each of these audio sources...but the head unit only has one auxiliary input in the back...so, purchasing both of those blitzsafe units wouldn't do me any good (unless someone has some other way that I could wire this)...also, what if I purchase both of those units and splice the auxiliary harnesses together from both of those units; hence, i would have only one auxiliary plug which I can plug behind the head unit...would that work? here is the description of those units...

http://enfigpics.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/index.html

Thanks, in advance, for the help!
Old 10-31-2005 | 10:08 PM
Instructor

It puts the lotion on the skin...
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:01 AM
Pro

No other opinions besides the one shown above?
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Jinen
No other opinions besides the one shown above?

I know I am new to this forum and you're not , but even I have searched and gone through many threads that discuss this very issue. Search for "Navi to video", or "MP3 player", or "soundgate"...
Old 11-02-2005 | 10:12 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by mamboking
I know I am new to this forum and you're not , but even I have searched and gone through many threads that discuss this very issue. Search for "Navi to video", or "MP3 player", or "soundgate"...

I've been searching but reading all the different options is quite confusing...people have done various different things but I couldn't really find someone who has a similar setup to what I have asked above...if you know of a particular thread that describes the process mentioned above please help me find one since I am unable to locate it...I always search prior to posting...I know that the members on this thread typically do not like to repeat things, which is completely understandable, but if I can't find the answer to my question then I'm going to ask and hope that maybe someone could provide an answer...
Old 11-02-2005 | 02:20 PM
Banned

Try this: Aux in adapter
Old 11-03-2005 | 07:32 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by mamboking
Try this: Aux in adapter

Thanks!