Anyone already install Vsokolov's Plug & Play unit?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
look in the offtopic->black market -> sponsored sales -> vsolokov group buy due to high demand
Old 03-19-2005, 06:51 AM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How can i get my 04 tl navi to plays dvd's I have no idea where to begin. Thanks
Old 03-19-2005, 03:55 PM
master tl

Hey want to find out where did u guys place the unit like did u guy just dump it behind the navi unit and the switch cable is not long enough so do i just tap annother wire to make it longer and how did u go under the carpet

Thanks
Old 03-19-2005, 10:20 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ahgil,

I wire-tied the NaviPlus unit to the metal frame back there. I also had the AV switcher, so there was a lot of wiring and boxes to tie. Also, for my PS2, I had an inverter that I had to hide back there. I have pics of how I ran wires all over the place. Including the switches I installed in the armrest all at my website, which you can check out in my signature. Passing the wires under the carpet is pretty easy once you've removed the back seat.

Rob
Old 03-20-2005, 01:42 AM
master tl

hey zax123 another question for u

what about the blitzsafe did u have to tap a switch for it or it works fine for u hahah maybe i miss it in your page but just wondering thanks
Old 03-20-2005, 07:30 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ahgil
hey zax123 another question for u

what about the blitzsafe did u have to tap a switch for it or it works fine for u hahah maybe i miss it in your page but just wondering thanks

He is in Canada. They don't have XM so the Blitzsafe adapter works perfectly fine for him. If you don't mind losing XM then go ahead and get the blitzsafe adapter. If you would like to keep XM you need an FM modulator.

As for getting power you can get it from the Ignition harness.

If you have never done anything like this before you may want to leave it to the pros.

~Chris

Pics coming today!
Old 03-20-2005, 08:49 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JDM where are the pixxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!
Old 03-20-2005, 09:52 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
JDM where are the pixxxxxxxxxxxxx!!!!

They will be posted today! I have to pick up some things and I will take pics later as I am redoing some stuff.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Team Anthracite Member

ahgil,

I did have to put a switch on the Blitzsafe adapter cuz it doesn't work perfectly yet. You have to put a switch on the thick yellow wire coming out of the harness which connects to the back of the head unit. You can see the switch I'm talking about on my site, and the harness. In order to make it work, the wire has to be CLOSED when the car is turned on, OPEN to switch to the CD-C mode (AUX input) and then CLOSED to hear audio... it's a pain, but it works perfectly when it's running. Amazing sound quality. Better than any wired or wireless FM modulator.
Old 03-20-2005, 07:46 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Old 03-20-2005, 08:00 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Ok its taken me over a f'ing hour to upload these pics. I have more but can't get any of the sites to work correctly. So I am giving up on this shit for tonight.
Old 03-21-2005, 12:42 AM
master tl

nie job jdm5

now here comes a question for u guys

I have my unit install but i wonder if u guys can post some helms manual here to show how to tak apart stuff in order to finish installing the dvd player such as how to take off the glove box and which part did u guys get the power for the dvd player
Old 03-21-2005, 05:51 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by ahgil
nie job jdm5

now here comes a question for u guys

I have my unit install but i wonder if u guys can post some helms manual here to show how to tak apart stuff in order to finish installing the dvd player such as how to take off the glove box and which part did u guys get the power for the dvd player

Replied to PM! I don't have any manuals I just "SEARCHED" here if I was unsure how to take something apart. However, I didn't seem to really have any problems. Have fun!
Old 03-21-2005, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Here is my install guys. The link has lots of pictures and a video of the dvd in action. nav/dvd
Old 03-21-2005, 10:18 AM
Instructor

Hey Guys, here is a link to my install. The link has lots of pictures and a video of the dvd in action. When you get to the video I think you may have to right click and save. Hope this helps some of you.
Old 03-21-2005, 04:54 PM
Now with i-Vtec

a couple more pics.

Old 03-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Advanced

i'm confused, is the box at the trunk or at the passanger side? How did you connect the power?
Old 03-22-2005, 06:01 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by jerzeygroove
i'm confused, is the box at the trunk or at the passanger side? How did you connect the power?

The Navi Conversion Box is in the trunk attached to the side using 3M double sided body tape. The box is connected in the rear to power and ground as well as through the nav conversion harness. From there the switch wires and video cable are run along the door sills to the glove box.

The DVD player is mounted in the glove box and the switches ( for the Nav box and the other for the FM Modulator) are mounted to that black cover that goes below the glove box. Power for the FM modulator & DVD player are sourced from the ignition harness where they are tapped in and soldered.

The FM modulator which is not visible in the pics is located up against the fire wall of the vehicle & beneath the carpet on the Passanger side. Then all wires were nicely wrapped in electrical tape and zip tied out of the way for a clean professional touch.

~Chris
Old 03-22-2005, 07:15 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
The Navi Conversion Box is in the trunk attached to the side using 3M double sided body tape. The box is connected in the rear to power and ground as well as through the nav conversion harness. From there the switch wires and video cable are run along the door sills to the glove box.

The DVD player is mounted in the glove box and the switches ( for the Nav box and the other for the FM Modulator) are mounted to that black cover that goes below the glove box. Power for the FM modulator & DVD player are sourced from the ignition harness where they are tapped in and soldered.

The FM modulator which is not visible in the pics is located up against the fire wall of the vehicle & beneath the carpet on the Passanger side. Then all wires were nicely wrapped in electrical tape and zip tied out of the way for a clean professional touch.

~Chris
what do you mean "rear to power and ground as well as through the nav conversion harness". Can you take a picture of it? Did you splice anything? How did you remove the panels at the trunk, i'm having problems taking it out.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:37 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by jerzeygroove
what do you mean "rear to power and ground as well as through the nav conversion harness". Can you take a picture of it? Did you splice anything? How did you remove the panels at the trunk, i'm having problems taking it out.

Ummm........ If you are having problems removing the panel in the trunk maybe you should have a professional do the install for you.

Power is spliced into the 2nd black harness/plug in the trunk that is connected to the factory DVD Navigation unit. The 1st black harness/plug is what you plug the plug and play harness into. Ground is bolted to the factory ground point in the trunk like shown in the picture. I don't recommend you tackle this install if you don't have experience tapping/splicing into wires(properly) and soldering them. You should not have to cut the wire in half in order to splice into it. All that is needed is to strip some of the insulation back. Also make sure that you use Super 33 3M electrical tape as it's probably one of the best on the market. It will also change your view on cheaper electrical tapes.
Old 03-22-2005, 10:25 AM
Banned

Would I be able to hardwire the FM modulator. I would like to just flip it to the station and have automatic sound. My main question is would it damage the modulator or shorten the life of it by having it hardwired.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:38 AM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by AcuraTL2k4
Would I be able to hardwire the FM modulator. I would like to just flip it to the station and have automatic sound. My main question is would it damage the modulator or shorten the life of it by having it hardwired.

You have to wire it in anyways for power. the switch is just so that you can turn it on and off. Without the switch it won't work. I wouldn't think it would shorten the life of the FM modulator by always leaving it on. I leave mine on but like knowing that I can turn it off too.
Old 04-01-2005, 09:57 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by JDM5lugHatch
Ummm........ If you are having problems removing the panel in the trunk maybe you should have a professional do the install for you.

Power is spliced into the 2nd black harness/plug in the trunk that is connected to the factory DVD Navigation unit. The 1st black harness/plug is what you plug the plug and play harness into. Ground is bolted to the factory ground point in the trunk like shown in the picture. I don't recommend you tackle this install if you don't have experience tapping/splicing into wires(properly) and soldering them. You should not have to cut the wire in half in order to splice into it. All that is needed is to strip some of the insulation back. Also make sure that you use Super 33 3M electrical tape as it's probably one of the best on the market. It will also change your view on cheaper electrical tapes.
Is there a way to just run the power to the fuse box? if yes, where and how would i install it?
Old 04-01-2005, 09:59 AM
Team Anthracite Member

The fuse box has two spare OPTION slots labelled OP1 and OP2. You can use an add-a-circuit to get power from one of these two slots. They are rated at 7.5A each.

My website has some pics to show you how it works...
Old 04-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by zax123
The fuse box has two spare OPTION slots labelled OP1 and OP2. You can use an add-a-circuit to get power from one of these two slots. They are rated at 7.5A each.

My website has some pics to show you how it works...
where do i get add-a-circuits?
Old 04-03-2005, 02:07 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I'm not quite sure in the states, cuz I'm from Canada, but anywhere you can buy pieces for cars like bulbs, belts, fuses... Is Pep Boys a car shop down there?
Old 04-03-2005, 08:36 PM
Make MyTL Great Again

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by zax123
I'm not quite sure in the states, cuz I'm from Canada, but anywhere you can buy pieces for cars like bulbs, belts, fuses... Is Pep Boys a car shop down there?
Yes we do. I've bought one from them. You need to get the Mini size one, since we have mini size fuses.
Old 05-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Youse Gots Sacked

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
can the FM Modulator go in the trunk?
Old 05-15-2005, 09:09 PM
Now with i-Vtec

Originally Posted by NFLblitze1
can the FM Modulator go in the trunk?

Not from my experience behind the carpet near the firewall is probably your best bet. There is no way to catch the antenna lead in the rear. I tried it and it is a dead end road. Don't waste your time trying. Good luck!