Any Updates with Neo Prolink?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008 | 02:53 PM
6th Gear

Any Updates with Neo Prolink?

I am relatively new to this site and have searched the various threads regarding the USA, Dice, and Neo Pro Link ipod adapters and the result seems to be that you CANNOT have both XM and ipod text. The question i have is have there been any updates. Most of the posts I have found and read were from 2007 and there seems to be nothing current or any updates. According to the NEO site,
Important Notes:
Factory GPS/Navigation and Satellite Radio IS compatible. They are not affected or disabled. Nothing extra to purchase, all parts needed come with kit.
In-Dash CD Changer is not affected or disabled. It will function as normal.

I have a 08 TL Type S and was not sure if this meant that the problem with not displaying both XM and ipod text has been correctly or if this is cleverly written to not inform you of this problem. Here is the link for any info.

http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_i...oducts_id=1002
Old 11-08-2008 | 12:47 PM
2nd Gear

I installed the neoprolink in my 06 Tl, and it works great! Unit looks very similar to the USAspec... Overall, full functionality via the ipod (synergy mode) or direct mode from the head unit. Synergy is cool because you can control the tracks, (forward and backwards) from the steering wheel controls. Very simple to install, start to finish about an hour!
Old 12-21-2008 | 11:08 AM
Racer

well... I was just wondering if anyone has installed one on a 07' tsx...? I am hoping that it works out for them too... any help would be greatly appreciated.... how hard is it to get behind the head unit on the tsx...?
Old 12-22-2008 | 02:20 AM
Driven to Perfection

Originally Posted by jdepasqu2
well... I was just wondering if anyone has installed one on a 07' tsx...? I am hoping that it works out for them too... any help would be greatly appreciated.... how hard is it to get behind the head unit on the tsx...?
This is the TL forum, you might want to try looking around in the TSX discussions. As a former TSX owner, I installed a Dice unit, and it's pretty easy to get to it all. IIRC there are DIY's with pics in the TSX area.
Old 12-23-2008 | 07:43 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by mattster
This is the TL forum, you might want to try looking around in the TSX discussions. As a former TSX owner, I installed a Dice unit, and it's pretty easy to get to it all. IIRC there are DIY's with pics in the TSX area.

Thanks man... i was searching forever in the tsx forum.. but couldnt find much on the NPL.... so i tried in the TL section as well.... As i understand it the dice unit wasnt any good because it didnt allow you to use the stearing wheel controls...? what yeat tsx did you have...? I simply cant find any info on this NPL product to save my life. I want to to install it but not if it doesnt do what they say it can...??? going crazy..
Old 12-28-2008 | 02:40 AM
Driven to Perfection

Thanks man... i was searching forever in the tsx forum.. but couldnt find much on the NPL.... so i tried in the TL section as well.... As i understand it the dice unit wasnt any good because it didnt allow you to use the stearing wheel controls...? what yeat tsx did you have...? I simply cant find any info on this NPL product to save my life. I want to to install it but not if it doesnt do what they say it can...??? going crazy..
I had an 04 TSX with Navi (no XM), and the Dice unit did allow me to use the steering wheel controls for track forward and back. It also had a few other options using the CD 1-6 buttons, but I don't remember what they did because I never used them. Check out their website for deets.
Old 01-30-2009 | 10:26 AM
Racer

so does anybody have any experience with this product...? cant find anything about it in any acura car forum tsx or tl...? would greatly app. it if someone could foward me to a link if they know of one... i've searched and searched and found nothing...
Old 01-30-2009 | 01:35 PM
06 WDP TL Owner

Did you do a search on NEO. There are threads out there but most of them will relate to the older version of the NEO. I have the new NEO installed (06 Canadian TL with navi)and it functions with the ipod perfectly. I am dealing with a minor issue with the navi going through the bootup screen every few days. I'm getting a replacement unit to see if the issue disappears.
Old 08-01-2009 | 05:24 PM
Drifting

so does anybody have any experience with this product...? cant find anything about it in any acura car forum tsx or tl...? would greatly app. it if someone could foward me to a link if they know of one... i've searched and searched and found nothing...
I just installed a Neo and I have Nav and XM. I tried the XM mode and had to change to CDC mode quickly. You get bleeding when listening to XM from the IPOD. I know you can turn off the IPOD but then you have to deal with the NEO text interferring with the IPOD text on your display. It works much better in CDC mode.

My XM subscription expires in October so I may cancel it and change the switching to work in XM mode then. Perhaps threatening XM Radio that you will dump them and replace with a Neo unit will give them an incentive to keep honoring the 77/year deal? I'll try that tactic in a couple of months and see what happens.

I just installed the Neo yesterday in time for a road trip to Big Bear CA and loved it. The mountains interfere with XM so the IPOD came in pretty handy for the last 20 minutes of my trip.

Anyway, I thought I'd share my recent findings, since the Neo website implies the 'full' integration aspect of their product. I was looking for any references on this XM bleed issue and didn't see anything until reading their installation manual. The manual has a very strange page number order. It's like 3 Honda manuals in one with numbers all over the place- but I did see that it recommended CDC mode for XM users.

All the links on Acurazine regarding installing these IPOD interfaces were extremely helpful. The install took me about 5 hours to do and 2 hours were consumed trying to take the metalic trim piece off. (Turned out I had a flexy pair of Nylon pry tools and things got much easier with the Yellow set from Harbor freight that are 10x stiffer. ) Installing the interface plug was another pain as well but I eventually got it using just my fingers. Once connected, it was a quick 40 minutes putting all the panels together- hint use Silicon lubricant on the metal clips- perhaps this might prevent any resulting squeeks?

Last edited by LaCostaRacer; 08-01-2009 at 05:26 PM. Reason: typos