Alarm System Acura TL-S 07 MT

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 10:40 PM
WEAKSAUCE !!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Alarm System Acura TL-S 07 MT

I wanted to install the clifford 3.5 matrix pager alarm that allows you to do remote start. I was wondering do i need DEI XK05 for remote start so that i don't need a key. I also was wondering do i need the DEI 530T Windows automation system in order to roll down and up my windows + moonroof, I know the stock alarm can drop all windows by pressing the unlock key and the if you walk up to the car and lock the doors and hold the key to the right it will enable to roll up all windows + moonroof, is it possible to just tap into the stock system w/out using extra DEI parts??? I understand if i need atleast the DEI xk05 for remotestart. Has anyone done the proxy sensor and the deforster system as well? Just curious on some info that will help me with this process... oh yah one last thing what about the trunk release option thanks? Any info would help....
Old 02-23-2008, 09:22 PM
WEAKSAUCE !!!

Can anyone help?
Old 02-28-2008, 03:59 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chris80i
I wanted to install the clifford 3.5 matrix pager alarm that allows you to do remote start. I was wondering do i need DEI XK05 for remote start so that i don't need a key. I also was wondering do i need the DEI 530T Windows automation system in order to roll down and up my windows + moonroof, I know the stock alarm can drop all windows by pressing the unlock key and the if you walk up to the car and lock the doors and hold the key to the right it will enable to roll up all windows + moonroof, is it possible to just tap into the stock system w/out using extra DEI parts??? I understand if i need atleast the DEI xk05 for remotestart. Has anyone done the proxy sensor and the deforster system as well? Just curious on some info that will help me with this process... oh yah one last thing what about the trunk release option thanks? Any info would help....
I have a Python 5301p 2 way pager by DEI (it is basically the same as the Clifford, just two different line extensions).

I got mine installed professionally, so i am not too familiar with all the parts needed, however i do know for sure the following:

you will need the adapter for your key. There are 2 types, one which forces you to give up a key, and one which they just sync to your car requiring no loss of a key.

You will also need the adapter for your windows. I called a few shops and they all stated there is no way to "tap into" the factory settings. I suppose the integration module has additional wiring for this purpose.

The trunk release requires no additional modules. The installer just programs the "Aux" button of the pager system to open the trunk. (You need to hold it about 2 or 3 seconds)

Regardless of the modules you may need to adapt everything to the new remote, if installed properly, you will not lose any functionality of your stock remote. I love being able to just carry one remote, so when i do not need remote start, i just leave that behind and carry my 'switchblade' which is still fully functional (windows/moonroof/trunk/lock/unlock)

Hope this was the kind of info you were looking for. The actual system isnt expensive, it is the additional modules and installation (for non-DIY installs) which absolutely nickles & dimes you to death.
Old 02-29-2008, 10:33 PM
WEAKSAUCE !!!

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BLUE07TLS
I have a Python 5301p 2 way pager by DEI (it is basically the same as the Clifford, just two different line extensions).

I got mine installed professionally, so i am not too familiar with all the parts needed, however i do know for sure the following:

you will need the adapter for your key. There are 2 types, one which forces you to give up a key, and one which they just sync to your car requiring no loss of a key.

You will also need the adapter for your windows. I called a few shops and they all stated there is no way to "tap into" the factory settings. I suppose the integration module has additional wiring for this purpose.

The trunk release requires no additional modules. The installer just programs the "Aux" button of the pager system to open the trunk. (You need to hold it about 2 or 3 seconds)

Regardless of the modules you may need to adapt everything to the new remote, if installed properly, you will not lose any functionality of your stock remote. I love being able to just carry one remote, so when i do not need remote start, i just leave that behind and carry my 'switchblade' which is still fully functional (windows/moonroof/trunk/lock/unlock)

Hope this was the kind of info you were looking for. The actual system isnt expensive, it is the additional modules and installation (for non-DIY installs) which absolutely nickles & dimes you to death.
Thanks that is what i was wondering the most if i need a module to or could i tap into the alarm system to open/close the window, moonroof, trunk unlock/lock... anymore feedback from people who got there alarm installed?
Old 03-03-2008, 06:40 AM
Advanced

You will need to get a separate part for the windows. If you want them to open and close I think you will need to get 4 of them. If I recall you will need to get the part number 530t. It will control two windows and only do one function.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:08 PM
Race Director

Received 1,794 Likes on 1,347 Posts
Originally Posted by chris80i
Thanks that is what i was wondering the most if i need a module to or could i tap into the alarm system to open/close the window, moonroof, trunk unlock/lock... anymore feedback from people who got there alarm installed?
I'm not really sure that losing the window roll down is a big deal with a remote start. Your car will be cooled down by the time you get there if you remote start it, won't it?
Old 03-04-2008, 04:23 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by nfnsquared
I'm not really sure that losing the window roll down is a big deal with a remote start. Your car will be cooled down by the time you get there if you remote start it, won't it?
Just as long as the AC is left on when leave your car.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
side note:
i never use the roll-down feature anyway. by the time i'm close enough to the car where the remote will consistently reach, and am starting to hold the button to put them down, i'm already reaching for the handle. not sure why acura bothered with this feature paired with the crappy remote range.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:13 AM
WEAKSAUCE !!!

Windows + Moonroof

Well witht the switchblade key i know if you hold the unlock button your able to drop everything windows, moonroof, so possibly i will just need one module with two total for 2 fr 2 rr windows, if the alarm is able to tap into the stock alarm, i am still researching it with my installer. I think that it maybe why he's taking so long to call me back to do the install lol I did see one guy at the meet with the red TL with the custom beat have his alarm drop the windows and roll them back up.... if you can tap into the stock your able to drop everything, it's just rolling them back up from there is what i need