2005TL with 30g IPOD Photo & Dension Ice>Link Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb 2005TL with 30g IPOD Photo & Dension Ice>Link Plus?

Anyone who has a 2005TL with IPOD Photo (2nd gen) and Dension Ice>Link Plus installed, can you please let me understand how it was done? It seems there is a incompatibility issue with using the Dension Ice>Link on a 2005TL HU. If you had it done, what model of the Ice>Link did you buy? Did you get the I20_HONDA_R, I20_HONDA_R2, or I20_HONDA_R3 model? I've tried it with I20_HONDA_R and it wouldn't work for me. I'm looking for a I20_HONDA_R3, but can't find it in any Best Buy stores. I'm thinking about purchasing it through Dension but I'm not sure it works so I'm a bit cautious. I just don't want to remove the console again if there is a compatibility issue. Dension has listed the Acura 2005TL as being compatible with the I20_HONDA_R3 model, so if anyone has it hooked up. Please advise...

My setup so far is 30g IPOD Photo (2nd gen) and looking for something that gives great sound either Ice>Link, Neo Ion SP or IPOD2Car.

Ice>Link and Neo Ion Sp seems to be the same developers, this is what the Neo Ion SP support told me when I tried to order one, "Although we use out black box connector for the acura, we use the dension interface for control and I believe if your 2005TL didn’t accept it then there must be something not compatible with your deck. Possibly software… since we use the dension interface for control, firmware and track/playlist, I don’t think it would work."

Anyone?
Old 06-07-2005, 11:41 AM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Im still waiting on PIE's interface. According to there website its 159, and they are expecting to release it the end of this month. Heres the link, Link
According to this site, you should be able to control your controls from the oem controls, aswell charge your Ipod.......Not sure if you lose XM, also one biggie, for non-navi TL's
Old 06-09-2005, 10:49 AM
5th Gear

thanks PPLAPW, I'll look into the PIE too.
Old 06-19-2005, 12:28 PM
10th Gear

Icelink did not work.. :-(

(juste found out there was a TL Community that is the good side of it...)

I Purchased an Icelink to plug on my new TL 2005 (cdn version) with a 60Gb Photo iPod and the Icelink did not work, actually the Radio was able to switch to CD-C Mode, but it was ejecting the ipod.
And that's were it hang...
Any luk with yours ?

[QUOTE=AcuraAce25]Anyone who has a 2005TL with IPOD Photo (2nd gen) and Dension Ice>Link Plus installed, can you please let me understand how it was done? It seems there is a incompatibility issue with using the Dension Ice>Link on a 2005TL HU. If you had it done, what model of the Ice>Link did you buy? Did you get the I20_HONDA_R, I20_HONDA_R2, or I20_HONDA_R3 model? I've tried it with I20_HONDA_R and it wouldn't work for me. I'm looking for a I20_HONDA_R3, but can't find it in any Best Buy stores. I'm thinking about purchasing it through Dension but I'm not sure it works so I'm a bit cautious. I just don't want to remove the console again if there is a compatibility issue. Dension has listed the Acura 2005TL as being compatible with the I20_HONDA_R3 model, so if anyone has it hooked up. Please advise...
Old 06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
5th Gear

I have the same problem with the Ice>link, stefan2 , I hope we see something else soon thats compatible.
Old 06-21-2005, 08:12 PM
10th Gear

Ice>Link Plus... other solution ?

Originally Posted by AcuraAce25
I have the same problem with the Ice>link, stefan2 , I hope we see something else soon thats compatible.
(thanx Ace) I dont feel alone now !

I hope so, I have to admit I cryed when I could not hook up my iPod to this Magnificient car !! I Love it, I mean I LOVE it... But The iPod thing got mefurious, I tried 3 times with different method and got no stable solution.

The only one on the way is this one:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon03pcpod.html

but i'm canadian so cant buy the D.. thing from Canada...

I'm now working on the Pin-Outs of the white connector to make the CD-C option appear on the HU,once you get this, than the sound pass-trough the other connectors.
I got it to work with the help of the IceLink,but it's flaky.

Perhaps you have the pin outs ?
Old 06-22-2005, 10:54 AM
5th Gear

Nope, I don't have pin outs.

You got it working? How does it sound?
Old 06-23-2005, 06:30 AM
10th Gear

ipod with Acura TL...

Yes and no !

Yes
if I keep the IceLink connected to the other wires, I'v also figured out it was 4 wires for the Audio !! Cause the sound was only up front ! So if you attache the 2 Rear and Front positives wires the sound degraded.... But better than FM TRansmitter.
So I guess a relay is necessary.

No
if I remove tthe IceLink, the radio doesnt Want to give me the CD-C option...
Need to cheat the others to activate CD-C option.

But I wont keep the Icelink for this purpuse, kind of expensive just to activate the CD-C option!

Today i'm using the Tape Adapter from Monster (20% better than the radio Shack type)
Old 06-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by stefan2
The only one on the way is this one:
http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piehon03pcpod.html
Dam... still non-Navi....
Old 06-29-2005, 06:14 AM
10th Gear

Navy or Not ...

Originally Posted by akura2
Dam... still non-Navi....
I had the choice of taking it, But there is only Montreal (main city in quebec where it works !! if you go out of town... no use.)
there is 6 million people here and there's no need they say...

At least, Pioneer will intruduce Satellite Radion in October in Quebec...

For you Navy, the only difference is the Display, the Radio has a special Video output.
So when you use something plug into the XM connector it need to tell the « Video » what's in there... It seem's to be difficult to says « no video signal ».
And feed the Radio with Sound.

Stefan
Old 06-29-2005, 06:18 AM
10th Gear

So far nothing, I found the peace (the wire harness) to plug in the back of The HU,
Cause I had nothing to test the pin out and if the radio was giving me the CD-C option.

will follow up on that one.

STefan
Old 07-05-2005, 07:55 PM
1st Gear

I have an '05 TL without Navi (Canadian edition), and I recently installed the Dension ice Link plus which I picked up from Best Buy. It doesn't work the way it should. Dension lists it as being compatible with the '05 TL on their website, but I don't think that they actually tested it. (I have the "R3" version, which they list as the proper one.)

If you don't mind not being able to use your stereo controls to control the iPod, there is a workaround of a sort. If you don't put the iPod all the way down on the cradle, only the audio connectors are engaged. Without the data connectors engaged, the Dension software won't take over your iPod controls and freeze it up. The sound plays through the stereo quite nicely, the steering wheel volume controls work, and you can use your iPod controls. It will NOT charge your iPod though. If the iPod slips too far down on the cradle, the data connectors engage, and the Dension software takes over, and the iPod freezes up.

My high tech solution so far was to wedge a piece of plastic under my iPod to prevent it from going all the way down on the cradle.

I'm using this set up until I hear back from Dension with a solution. I'm not holding my breath on that. The tech support # lets you leave voice mail, which they don't return. I also haven't had a response from my e-mail tech support enquiry, and it's been about a week.

If there is no way to get the unit to work properly, I'm considering returning it...or figuring out which connectors on the iPod end carry the data signal. I figure if I sever them, I will be able to get the iPod all the way down on the cradle, and be able to charge it.

To make a long story short.....I'd recommend avoiding the Ice Link plus, unless it's already too late. If anyone has had any other success getting it to work on a '04-'05 TL, I'd love to hear from you.
Old 07-06-2005, 10:24 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems to me that the solution to all this is the same as with the other AUX adapters that partially work on TLs. You have to add a switch to the thick yellow wire on the data/audio harness. When you turn on the car, the wire has to be closed. Then to select CD-C, the wire has to be open. Then to hear audio, the wire has to be closed. This will probably work with the IceLink also. It worked for my AUX adapter. It sounds flaky, but it works every time if you do it this way. Check out my site for more info and pics.