2004 TL Accord fog HID Wiring Diagram.....REALLY confused from all the DIY's ive read

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 09:32 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 2004 TL Accord fog HID Wiring Diagram.....REALLY confused from all the DIY's ive read

so i just bought a new bumper and im planning on doing the 03-05 accord fog light retrofit but the diy i seen on this recommends not doing the way he did if using HID's which im planning to do, and the other DIY of the turning the fog on the headlight to DRL is straight forward and i was thinking about doing that mod then tapping into the headlight fog for my lower fogs since they are going to be independent but then i realized that the wiring kit is going to come with its own switch which i can attatch to the dash and have all the lights independent....and then i read about fog lights with HIDs not passing inspection...which got me kind of scared......but finally to get to the point.....any one of you guys have a clear wiring diagram that i can follow to make the lower fogs i have HID and independent since i dont want to tap into my parking lights.....im not a noob and ive done countless of searches here that made me more confused especially since the 04-06 are different from the 07-08...someone might have asked this before but please help me im not the best electrical head but im great at following instructions
Old 05-15-2012, 03:00 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Easy. Instead of tapping the trigger wire into the parking light, run this wire to the engine bay and tap it into the wiper motor wire.

This is the "independent" method I use for HID fogs I install.

Old 05-15-2012, 06:19 PM
Advanced

thank you very much guitarplayer, ive seen youre name pop up numerous times on most of the DIYs and troubleshoots ive read.....cant miss that blue SSM, and im really thankful for youre help, so is the trigger wire the one that the inline fuse is connected to? and by taping into the wiper motor, the controls of the wipers going to affect the lighting? i dont even have the fogs yet or the harness but im expecting them this weekend so i just want to get some knowledge before i tackle this
Old 05-15-2012, 10:44 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by cipher9878
thank you very much guitarplayer, ive seen youre name pop up numerous times on most of the DIYs and troubleshoots ive read.....cant miss that blue SSM, and im really thankful for youre help, so is the trigger wire the one that the inline fuse is connected to? and by taping into the wiper motor, the controls of the wipers going to affect the lighting? i dont even have the fogs yet or the harness but im expecting them this weekend so i just want to get some knowledge before i tackle this
Hey, I'm glad to help =)

You'll have 2 harnesses when you receive your fog kit.
The engine bay harness and switch harness (in cabin).

The trigger wire is the blue wire from the switch harness.
The inline-fuse is from the engine bay harness and goes the fuse box for power (or battery).

The wiper motor wire is just a wire that turns on when you start your car.

It is always turned on when you start your car, and turns off when you turn off your car.
The reason why your wipers arent turned on all the time is because it relies on the wiper switch stalk on your steering wheel.

Same goes for the fogs.
It's basically borrowing power from the wire, that's all.

It DOES NOT affect your wipers in any way.

Think of the wiper motor wire as a power outlet bar you use for your computer that has like 6 slots for plugs.

It's just like plugging in speakers using your computer's power outlet bar.
You're just stealing power to power something up.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:39 PM
Advanced

thank you....im going to take pictures while im in the process of doing my fogs just incase i need any help and ill let you know what happens...i should be getting the fogs before saturday so ill post what happens saturday night thank you
Old 05-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Race Director

Sweet!

If I were you, just post in the DIY thread here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-2004-2008-93/g-031-%5Bdiy%5D-accord-fogs-type-s-grills-04-06-tl-817615/