'07 TL-S w/ Verizon Wireless Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 TL-S w/ Verizon Wireless Bluetooth

I'm having some trouble with the Bluetooth on my '07 TL. I have a Samsung phone through Verizon Wireless. I have the phone paired to my HFL, but I can only update my phone book by manually adding contacts. I saw a screen only once where it asked me for my service provider. I can't find this again, but nevertheless, it didn't have Verizon on it anyway. It only had Sprint, Cingular, and another provider. Can anyone help me out, and let me know if I can send phonebook via Bluetooth, rather than manually adding all my contacts?
Old 04-08-2007, 05:26 PM
Burning Brakes

It would really help if you posted the model of your phone. Samsung and Verizon is sort of vague.
You may also want to take you phone model and search for it on the forums. You may not be the first person asking this same question... you may be able to self service your answer by using the search function.

edit: may also want to make sure your phone is compatible with your car. It will also show which functions work and which don't work.
CLICK LINK BELOW
Handsfreelink
Old 04-08-2007, 05:56 PM
Advanced

My phone is a Samsung SCH-u540. Sorry to make you reply.. You seem as though a question is a burden to you. I thought that's what forums are for. But thanks for your help though. I checked the link you gave me, and I didn't find my phone. I found that similar phones are able to be paired and used, but no send contact or import phonebook though. I'm going to assume my phone is the same, as I can use it with the HFL, but I just have to manually input the contacts.
Old 04-08-2007, 06:09 PM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

Originally Posted by saplumm
My phone is a Samsung SCH-u540. Sorry to make you reply.. You seem as though a question is a burden to you. I thought that's what forums are for. But thanks for your help though. I checked the link you gave me, and I didn't find my phone. I found that similar phones are able to be paired and used, but no send contact or import phonebook though. I'm going to assume my phone is the same, as I can use it with the HFL, but I just have to manually input the contacts.
Only a VERY VERY small number of phones work with ALL features... most don't do the import phonebook.
Old 04-09-2007, 12:42 PM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by saplumm
Welcome aboard.

The forum is a place for you to ask for help, but as HiTEC pointed out, we can't help you if we don't know the specifics of your problem.

I thought HiTEC did a great job at being patient with you and helping you out. Most members on here are very helpful, but with an attitude like yours, help will be hard to find. He helps you out by stating the obvious (maybe to us longterm members) and you have to give him grief about it.

As suggested by The 3G Garage (THE place where all newbies like yourself should check out):
Please always use SEARCH feature prior to your posts. Thanks.
Old 04-09-2007, 08:15 PM
Advanced

I wasn't necessarily giving him grief, but perhaps I took it the wrong way. No harm intended. I'm new to the forum, and I just got my TL. I'm trying to figure it all out, and I didn't have many resources before I found Acurazine.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:14 AM
Advanced

It's my understanding that Verizon has disabled the phonebook import on all of its phones. Mine won't work, either - I had to enter each contact in manually in my new TL-S. Bummer!
Old 04-19-2007, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Annsue
It's my understanding that Verizon has disabled the phonebook import on all of its phones. Mine won't work, either - I had to enter each contact in manually in my new TL-S. Bummer!
just got my type-s over the weekend... love the car... hate the fact that i can't import my phone book... how do you enter it manually?
Old 04-19-2007, 12:31 PM
Advanced

You have to enter each phone number in individually. The instructions are under the HandsFree Link section in the owner's manual. I don't have the manual in front of me at the moment, but if you use the phone button on the steering wheel and say "phone book", it will give you several choices. Off the top of my head, I'd say it might be the "store" function. You'll have the opportunity to associate a name with the number, and then you'll say the number. The system will give you the opportunity to verify that the information is correct before it stores it. I've noticed that when I get an incoming call in my car from a number that I've stored, the number will show on the MID (like a caller ID function), although no name will appear with the number. If you have questions, just let me know and I'll get out my manual and see if I can help you.
Old 04-24-2007, 01:01 PM
Air Vice Marshal

Received 300 Likes on 155 Posts
Actually, he DID provide all the necessary info. As others have stated, Verizon cripples their phones to prevent data transfers so you are forced to spend money transferring photos, ringtones, etc. This also prevents any phonebook transfers to our HFL.

Frankly, I would really prefer that the HFL just act like my bluetooth headset. Let me push a button and "talk" directly to the phone. It's voice activated and already has all my contacts. Even if I could transfer them, they wouldn't transfer directly because the phonebook doesn't allow multiple numbers under one name, which my phone supports.