'07 TL-S radio mute at startup?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:52 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'07 TL-S radio mute at startup?

Hello gang, great site you have here.
Proud owner of an '07 TL-S 6 speed. Great, great car. They've come a long way from my first new Acura, an '87 Integra. Damn, that's 20 years! I am getting old!

The point of this post is:
On initial start up from sitting overnight, or even after a few hours as I'm finding out, the radio in the car is on, but does not provide any sound. The only way to get sound out of the radio when it does this "mute" scenario is to change the channel on the radio. Adjusting the volume won't do a thing. The indicated volume numbers change, but no sound. Granted, I only listen to XM radio, so I don't know if this happens in other input modes, but after searching this forum and coming up empty, I thought I'd put this out there for any similar experiences.
A radio patch or download is needed perhaps? Or maybe a setting change in the head unit I'm not aware of?

Best,
pino
Old 12-10-2006, 02:05 AM
Safety Car

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts
Interesting dilemma you have here.

Please test this scenario out with your other sources (AM, FM, and CD) and let us know if this still occurs. If those sources work fine, then it could be possible that something is going on with your XM reception.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by datmrman
Interesting dilemma you have here.

Please test this scenario out with your other sources (AM, FM, and CD) and let us know if this still occurs. If those sources work fine, then it could be possible that something is going on with your XM reception.
I agree. It could just be that the XM signal is weak in your area. Try some of the other sources.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:52 PM
Instructor

I actually have the same issue. Very weird... only does this when XM is on. The signal strength is just fine in the area. Happens randomly. I usually just hit the preset the station is set on (usually only listen to one or two stations) to have it come back on. Never had this issue when playing a CD/DVD-A.
Old 12-12-2006, 08:05 AM
6th Gear

So far, XM seems to be the only mode affected. I wonder if it is somehow temperature related. We had a cold snap of weather last week, and it occured pretty frequently. Now that it has warmed up a bit (lows in the mid-30's vs. last week's low teens) it has become more difficult to duplicate.
Signal strength is fine.
How cold is it in Arizona, rventu?

Thanks for all your input!

Best,
pino
Old 12-12-2006, 07:04 PM
6th Gear

New observation:
Today, (and maybe I'm not being observant enough)
I had no XM radio, but I noticed an envelope icon in the upper right of the "legal disclaimer" screen. I touched the icon, it proceeded to tell me how to set my memory seats or something, and when it finished, the XM came on like nothing ever happened.
Am I missing something here?

As always, your help is appreciated.
~pino
Old 12-12-2006, 08:07 PM
Be kind to us truckers !

your radio should come on !...turn off your car completely with the radio button left on and key's out of the iginition !....then put them back in and turn the key and see if the radio come's on while you turn the key on wait a sec or two !...if it doe's i don't think you have a problem!.....It doe's take a couple of second's to come on upon start up!,,,, , or like the other guy's said it could be poor reception with the XM !.....maybe layoff the "MOTA" alittle too bro while you learn your new system, it help's ..... PEACE!
Old 12-13-2006, 02:49 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by pino
So far, XM seems to be the only mode affected. I wonder if it is somehow temperature related. We had a cold snap of weather last week, and it occured pretty frequently. Now that it has warmed up a bit (lows in the mid-30's vs. last week's low teens) it has become more difficult to duplicate.
Signal strength is fine.
How cold is it in Arizona, rventu?

Thanks for all your input!

Best,
pino
Currently around 40 at night and 70 during the day. Mine was happening when it was still 90 outside.
Old 12-13-2006, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 007TL-S
your radio should come on !...turn off your car completely with the radio button left on and key's out of the iginition !....then put them back in and turn the key and see if the radio come's on while you turn the key on wait a sec or two !...if it doe's i don't think you have a problem!.....It doe's take a couple of second's to come on upon start up!,,,, , or like the other guy's said it could be poor reception with the XM !.....maybe layoff the "MOTA" alittle too bro while you learn your new system, it help's ..... PEACE!
It's definitely a small glitch in the system. Not sure how wide spread. It's not been that big of a deal for me to worry about it right now. Maybe a TSB will come out on it sometime.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:00 PM
6th Gear

Originally Posted by rventu
It's definitely a small glitch in the system. Not sure how wide spread. It's not been that big of a deal for me to worry about it right now. Maybe a TSB will come out on it sometime.

Thank you rventu for your constructive posts.

best,
pino