[Full Guide] 9.7in Android Touch Navi Upgrade (Tesla Style) for Acura TL 2004-2008

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2023, 10:52 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by BryanC
190000000_com.syu.air.apk
I cannot find such file on my unit.
Old 03-28-2023, 10:19 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
I dont know how these responses didn't come to my email.

@BryanC @mariusz439
So the file that changed to F didn't work great for me at first either. It only worked when I restored the software which is only possible with the files that I put in the folder however that is for my version of android OS. Im not so sure how it will respond to your unit.

As for NaviTech the COMPANY. I have complete stopped communicating with them. I have let them know how popular this article is, and i spoke with the company frequently until recently. During my purchase of the 360 camera (guide to come soon) they weren't the best. They are indeed just a factory and distributor that doesn't care because their camera was advertised with parking monitoring which was a lie. But I kept it, and I asked them about it but their responses slowly started declining in quality.

I would attempt to use my restore files if you're going to return it anyway. It seems like the NEW systems have more issues than my older system from 2020. Mine's been fine. I have noticed my steering keys lately unmap themselves sometimes or just 1/2 buttons stop working properly ad i have to restart or remap. but thats been a recent issue.

@mariusz439 That file is in my folder link

@BryanC I changed wallpapers before, but in this case, you should just use my new navi launcher template. Its simpler and it has all the info u need on one screen IMO
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...008-a-1002148/
The following users liked this post:
BryanC (04-02-2023)
Old 04-02-2023, 08:03 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by OnlyDaanish
I dont know how these responses didn't come to my email.

@BryanC @mariusz439
So the file that changed to F didn't work great for me at first either. It only worked when I restored the software which is only possible with the files that I put in the folder however that is for my version of android OS. Im not so sure how it will respond to your unit.

As for NaviTech the COMPANY. I have complete stopped communicating with them. I have let them know how popular this article is, and i spoke with the company frequently until recently. During my purchase of the 360 camera (guide to come soon) they weren't the best. They are indeed just a factory and distributor that doesn't care because their camera was advertised with parking monitoring which was a lie. But I kept it, and I asked them about it but their responses slowly started declining in quality.

I would attempt to use my restore files if you're going to return it anyway. It seems like the NEW systems have more issues than my older system from 2020. Mine's been fine. I have noticed my steering keys lately unmap themselves sometimes or just 1/2 buttons stop working properly ad i have to restart or remap. but thats been a recent issue.

@mariusz439 That file is in my folder link

@BryanC I changed wallpapers before, but in this case, you should just use my new navi launcher template. Its simpler and it has all the info u need on one screen IMO
https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...008-a-1002148/
Thank you OnlyDaanish

I decided to keep the Android Radio. I was able to get almost everything working except the Deg F display. This was mainly due to help from fellow Acurazine members. Than you to everyone that has posted here to help those that have waded into trying to get these head units to work at near their full capability.
Old 05-16-2023, 10:58 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What do we do with the HandsFreeLink? How does it work/interfere with Android Auto / Car Play on this Navitech display?
Old 05-16-2023, 11:03 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Originally Posted by Lodaks
What do we do with the HandsFreeLink? How does it work/interfere with Android Auto / Car Play on this Navitech display?
Most people remove it entirely since its a known issue for it to go bad and cause a parasitic drain on the battery
Old 06-03-2023, 08:56 PM
10th Gear

Finally! But?

Finally got it installed. Trim worked out well, had to trim the left side only, right side works by starting from the top.

Have a few questions:

​​​​​​1) Is there a night mode on this thing? Based on time?
2) The beep is loud as heck. Any way to turn it off?
3) Screen shows Farenheit but clock unit shows Celsius. I guess that was never fixed right?

Thanks to the community here!
​​​​​​

Old 06-03-2023, 08:59 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Finally got it installed. Trim worked out well, had to trim the left side only, right side works by starting from the top.

Have a few questions:

​​​​​​1) Is there a night mode on this thing? Based on time?
2) The beep is loud as heck. Any way to turn it off?
3) Screen shows Farenheit but clock unit shows Celsius. I guess that was never fixed right?

Thanks to the community here!
​​​​​​
1) Yes. But it works based off the headlight switch. I also use blue light filter setting

2) What beep?

3) it works for some. U can try to use my file to change to F but lately people have had issues.
Old 06-03-2023, 09:02 PM
10th Gear

1) Yes. But it works based off the headlight switch. I also use blue light filter setting

2) What beep?

3) it works for some. U can try to use my file to change to F but lately people have had issues.
The selection "beep" when you touch the screen.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:30 AM
10th Gear

Ok, I didn't play with it enough. Got rid of the beep by turning off sound under settings.

​​​​​​Btw, how do I connect Android Auto wirelessly?
Old 06-04-2023, 09:47 AM
10th Gear

This guy's clock unit is showing Farenheit https://youtube.com/shorts/CkSFkhuSSIM?feature=share

My navitech unit shows Farenheit but my clock unit still shows Celsius.
Old 06-04-2023, 12:55 PM
10th Gear

@OnlyDaanish

Thanks for your initial response. So I figured most of my issues except the following:

1) Temperature C instead of F. I did a reset and now it's worse, both clock and navi unit showing F and the apk cannot be installed I suspect because it's for an older version of the unit.

2) Backup camera is now in black and white after system reset. It was colored before.

Will your restore file fix the issues above? Will the Clock unit also show F? And are there any other issues not addressed with your version?
Old 06-04-2023, 02:23 PM
10th Gear

@OnlyDaanish

Thanks for your initial response. So I figured most of my issues except the following:

1) Temperature C instead of F. I did a reset and now it's worse, both clock and navi unit showing F and the apk cannot be installed I suspect because it's for an older version of the unit.

2) Backup camera is now in black and white after system reset. It was colored before.

Will your restore file fix the issues above? Will the Clock unit also show F? And are there any other issues not addressed with your version?
I meant both showing C instead of F after the reset
Old 06-04-2023, 02:58 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

@OnlyDaanish

@Lodaks
The face that u got the clock to show in F is pretty impressive because even mine doesn't do that. The F is only on the screen. (I use F).
If you want to use C did u check the settings if its on C? No ones every had the issue from F->C only C->F

You could reset it to fix it up, but ideally you'd get the software installer file from NaviTech to do it.

You can click on the screen when the backup camera comes up and try to change the tone of the screen back to color.
Old 06-04-2023, 09:45 PM
10th Gear

Celsius to Farenheit

Interesting insight into changing clock unit from C to F from another thread
Old 06-05-2023, 02:17 AM
Instructor

Don't do it if you have android Tesla style radio - the AC would not work.
Old 06-05-2023, 08:02 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by mariusz439
Don't do it if you have android Tesla style radio - the AC would not work.
Did you try? Seem easy to cut the wires and splice them to the different pin just to see if that works?
Old 06-05-2023, 09:47 AM
10th Gear

Installed June 3, 6G RAM 128GB Storage version I got pretty much everything running as it should, here is what I learnt from my experience:

1) Clock unit (if you have one) will still show celsius. Navitech unit will show F. If you do reset the navitech unit, the settings for Farenheit has been relocated to car factory setting (code 3368) -> original car agreement -> temperature setting at the bottom. No need to install APK file
2) After reset, rear camera will be black and white. Go to factory settings and turn on "AHD reversing video frame"
3) Once phone is connected using bluetooth, Android Auto can be launched using the pre-installed CarLink 2.0 app
4) I installed car launcher pro which is most aesthetically pleasing imo, but I also installed vivid launcher to swap to valet mode when I send my car for maintenance or let a friend/family drive it.

What is still broken?
1) Clock unit in Celsius. Strange issue, it was in Farenheit until I change out my navigation unit to Navitech. Navitech must be sending a Celsius signal, wondering why this can't be fixed with a software update. Will continue to check with Navitech
2) Android Auto takes up only 1/3 of the screen using CarLink. Either needs an update but I will play around with an alternative like Zlink to see if its any different.

Old 06-05-2023, 09:13 PM
10th Gear

Another few ideas:

1) You don't need to splice the trigger wire for the backup camera for it to work. Just the power from reverse light.
2) The hfl and push to talk voice buttons won't work. You can technically still find them and splice them to the volume/channel steering wires so that they will send a signal when clicked. And you can program them on the unit.
Old 06-06-2023, 02:26 AM
Instructor

Did you try? Seem easy to cut the wires and splice them to the different pin just to see if that works?
Had it done before android unit. And had to undone after installing the unit to make AC work.
Old 06-11-2023, 09:18 PM
6th Gear

My Android touch Navi has died. 2 weeks ago on a Saturday was going to the hardware store, While I was driving the volume goes down to no sound, can't adjust with volume up button for about 1 min and then it was working again it did this about 3 times. Later in the day going to the grocery store the volume started maxing out again, It had done this before when I first installed it, again the volume buttons are not working so I hit the power button and that shuts down the volume, I waited for about a minute and I could use the volume buttons again. This happened 2 more time on the way back home. When I got home I was trying to figure out what was causing the volume fluctuations. When I came out to to do more investigating when I started the car the radio did not start and hasn't started since, I pulled the radio out thinking the fuse was bad, no it was fine. I have no idea what is up with radio. I have had so many issues and now it died. I sent an email to Navitech but I haven't heard anything back, and I don't expect any reply. What a waste of money buying that radio.
Old 06-14-2023, 08:41 PM
10th Gear

Sorry to hear. This weekend I unlocked my stadia controller, installed lemuroid emulator on the radio, download a few ROMS directly on the browser and I am now living in the future. Played Super Mario while having lunch in the car
Old 06-18-2023, 11:23 PM
Intermediate

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Actually saw this today. Decided to join acurazine just so I could post on this thread. I have a guide on xda for this specific unit. I just recently updated the software on mine to get DRM working (Netflix, Hulu, etc.). Thought maybe we could add more to this.

Also, I'm about to upgrade the whole speaker setup in my 3g. However, this unit has only 2 channels from the DSP to the unit for some reason but I do think a DSP mod is possible so that the car balance setting will actually work. It outputs to 5 channels but the channel balance is actually only two, it also doesn't have clean outputs which is a little disappointing. I'll create a guide for the mod if I do figure it out
Old 06-19-2023, 08:06 AM
Racer

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts
Originally Posted by icemint.asa
Actually saw this today. Decided to join acurazine just so I could post on this thread. I have a guide on xda for this specific unit. I just recently updated the software on mine to get DRM working (Netflix, Hulu, etc.). Thought maybe we could add more to this.

Also, I'm about to upgrade the whole speaker setup in my 3g. However, this unit has only 2 channels from the DSP to the unit for some reason but I do think a DSP mod is possible so that the car balance setting will actually work. It outputs to 5 channels but the channel balance is actually only two, it also doesn't have clean outputs which is a little disappointing. I'll create a guide for the mod if I do figure it out

Now ^^THAT^^ is an awesome write-up, even though I only understand about 10% of it
icemint.asa (06-19-2023)
Old 06-19-2023, 10:25 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your steering volume buttons

Originally Posted by green95nsx
My Android touch Navi has died. 2 weeks ago on a Saturday was going to the hardware store, While I was driving the volume goes down to no sound, can't adjust with volume up button for about 1 min and then it was working again it did this about 3 times. Later in the day going to the grocery store the volume started maxing out again, It had done this before when I first installed it, again the volume buttons are not working so I hit the power button and that shuts down the volume, I waited for about a minute and I could use the volume buttons again. This happened 2 more time on the way back home. When I got home I was trying to figure out what was causing the volume fluctuations. When I came out to to do more investigating when I started the car the radio did not start and hasn't started since, I pulled the radio out thinking the fuse was bad, no it was fine. I have no idea what is up with radio. I have had so many issues and now it died. I sent an email to Navitech but I haven't heard anything back, and I don't expect any reply. What a waste of money buying that radio.
I had a similar problem with random ghost control of volume. Except mine went to max volume randomly. The steering button assignment in settings should be reset or turned off in settings. Do your research on how to disable steering assignment or reset it so no rogue signals from head unit to steering volume control buttons.
Old 06-20-2023, 12:14 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by green95nsx
Sounds like it might have been fried. You should open up the back of the radio and look at the board to see if you notice anything that looks burnt out (might be a couple of cents component). The volume issue could have been a problem with the MCU firmware for key binding but that on top of it not working anymore makes it seems that it was getting fed voltage from somewhere it shouldn't have been (making it think it was getting voltage from the steering wheel keys).
Old 06-24-2023, 09:53 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Good news, I have regained contact with Navi Tech
Old 06-25-2023, 03:43 AM
Instructor

Good news, I have regained contact with Navi Tech
Lucky you.
I am just glad that so far I haven't needed it and I hope I wouldn't.
Nevertheless, after few hot days I still believe the AC behaves strange. It colds the interior, however the way it happens is different than in time with stock unit. I don't now how to visualize it. The automatic setting used to adjust the tem more softly and fluently - now it starts to blow the temp much different than interior temp. When I start the car it sometimes start blowing really cold despite the interior temperature is average. It seems it started after installation of android unit, however it might be the coincidence as the AC central unit is not in the android unit. I asked NaviTech a long time ago what is the role of the android unit in steering AC and - surprise - they didn't answered.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:39 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Lucky you.
I am just glad that so far I haven't needed it and I hope I wouldn't.
Nevertheless, after few hot days I still believe the AC behaves strange. It colds the interior, however the way it happens is different than in time with stock unit. I don't now how to visualize it. The automatic setting used to adjust the tem more softly and fluently - now it starts to blow the temp much different than interior temp. When I start the car it sometimes start blowing really cold despite the interior temperature is average. It seems it started after installation of android unit, however it might be the coincidence as the AC central unit is not in the android unit. I asked NaviTech a long time ago what is the role of the android unit in steering AC and - surprise - they didn't answered.
I’m not a huge fan of the screen being the mid point to control the ac. Since the buttons are in C for the clock display the increase and decrease of the temperature is quite slow. I am able to modify the temperature still properly. You might just need to reinstall the air control app to reset things
Old 06-27-2023, 10:43 PM
Intermediate

I’m not a huge fan of the screen being the mid point to control the ac. Since the buttons are in C for the clock display the increase and decrease of the temperature is quite slow. I am able to modify the temperature still properly. You might just need to reinstall the air control app to reset things
You can change the it to °F in Settings>Factory Settings>Car Agreement then reboot for the newer firmware ones. You can also upgrade the firmware if you have an older version. Though, not through smooth ota but easy nonetheless
Old 06-28-2023, 02:24 AM
Instructor

🤔 maybe I will ask NaviTech sic! For latest one.
Old 08-05-2023, 07:41 PM
5th Gear

Spoiler

Old 08-06-2023, 07:55 AM
5th Gear

I just bought my unit but still having the constant static sound on my speakers. Any fix to this yet? Is Navitech's noise filter worth a shot?
Old 08-06-2023, 08:31 AM
5th Gear

I am going to be trying this solution to remove the static from the head unit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA358n6hZx8

It looks like the HU is sending an amplified signal to the factory amp causing the buzzing noise. If we cut the RCA wires from the head unit and connect them directly to the factory cable that should avoid this problem.

Did you ever try this? Has it worked for anyone else? If so does anyone have a guide for doing it with the Navitech unit?
Old 08-07-2023, 02:19 AM
Instructor

As the sound quality topics are on, I am wondering is it possible to connect four channels instead of two. I would like to be able to set front/ rear/ left/ right. I know the tablets usually have only 2 channel but maybe there is something behind the unit that the worries can be connected to have 4 channels.
Old 09-24-2023, 06:50 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ashkuz
I just bought my unit but still having the constant static sound on my speakers. Any fix to this yet? Is Navitech's noise filter worth a shot?
Noise filter will work but you can use ones cheaper than they offer. It seems they have the noise just to get more $$$ out of us though. It also didn't fix my noise but it could be unrelated to the normal circumstances of the unit.

Btw, I will show how to replace the button LEDs in the next few months on these units. I feel like white is a way better option on mine than the blue ones
Old 09-24-2023, 06:57 AM
Intermediate

As the sound quality topics are on, I am wondering is it possible to connect four channels instead of two. I would like to be able to set front/ rear/ left/ right. I know the tablets usually have only 2 channel but maybe there is something behind the unit that the worries can be connected to have 4 channels.
To answer this, I'm not sure. The chip in the unit is able to do 4 channels but it takes a little know-how and I'm not sure if the unit will let you control those if you do. I am currently working on the layout of the boards inside the unit but ATM I'm not sure it worth the effort to get the unit's balance on all "4 ch" since is should be 6 ch on this car if you include the tweeters in the front door speakers, then you have two rear, one sub, and a center speaker in dash
Old 09-25-2023, 06:28 AM
1st Gear

Subwoofer and aftermarket amplifier support needed

Originally Posted by htoyama
Anyone know how to install an aftermarket sub and amp on to this? Would be greatly appreciated
has anyone had any luck adding a subwoofer to this unit?
Old 09-29-2023, 07:43 PM
5th Gear

I recently installed the Navitech stereo and an aftermarket rear camera on my 07 TL base without Navi. All systems seem to be working properly but I keep blowing the exterior #4 (10 amp) fuse and lose all sorts of interior and exterior lights.

I checked the wiring behind the stereo and don’t see any signs of a short. The only alteration I had to make to any of the Navitech harnesses is the tap into the reverse trigger for the camera (works fine). I disconnected all of the stereo connectors and the fuse does not blow so it must be something with the stereo wiring.

Any insight or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Old 10-01-2023, 06:23 PM
2nd Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Purplepilot
I recently installed the Navitech stereo and an aftermarket rear camera on my 07 TL base without Navi. All systems seem to be working properly but I keep blowing the exterior #4 (10 amp) fuse and lose all sorts of interior and exterior lights.

I checked the wiring behind the stereo and don’t see any signs of a short. The only alteration I had to make to any of the Navitech harnesses is the tap into the reverse trigger for the camera (works fine). I disconnected all of the stereo connectors and the fuse does not blow so it must be something with the stereo wiring.

Any insight or recommendations are greatly appreciated.
Try switching the #8 connector and the one that plugs directly into the unit.

Purplepilot (10-02-2023)
Old 10-02-2023, 05:08 AM
Instructor

Wanted to propose the same as I faced the same mistake but he mentioned everything works fine and the fuse blows while changing the plugs resulted in immediate fuse blow.
Purplepilot (10-02-2023)

Quick Reply: [Full Guide] 9.7in Android Touch Navi Upgrade (Tesla Style) for Acura TL 2004-2008