[Full Guide] 9.7in Android Touch Navi Upgrade (Tesla Style) for Acura TL 2004-2008

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2022, 11:28 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Received 55 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by RxWorld
I'm having the same fitment issue. Where did you all trim on the silver bezel to get it to fit?
Check your DM. I replied to you
The following users liked this post:
RxWorld (10-07-2022)
Old 10-07-2022, 12:17 PM
Instructor

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by OnlyDaanish
Check your DM. I replied to you
Got it. Thank you! I"ll see what I figure out and post back to the group
Old 10-07-2022, 04:41 PM
iWhine

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by RxWorld
I'm having the same fitment issue. Where did you all trim on the silver bezel to get it to fit?

The member who originally was working with navitech on this unit, Osvaldo, did a full tutorial on the install of this unit including installation of the trim pieces. He has a long thread on here and for some reason it is either no longer accessible or was deleted otherwise I would link you to his page. Shame as it has a wealth of information including his constant outreach and workings with navitech to help make the unit what it is today...I mean down to the coding. But the link to what you are looking for is below around the 11 minute mark:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_t6ca20yvx4

If that doesn't come up then search for his YouTube page under the name TaBello CallaoYa. I found it by performing a web search for "Acura TL navitech" and then searching under the video tab for TaBello CallaoYa.

He has a few videos on this unit from unboxing to tips and tricks.
RxWorld (10-11-2022)
Old 10-11-2022, 02:13 PM
Instructor

That video was perfect. No cutting required to get the trim pieces to fit

I can also confirm no hissing noise or anything at low volumes with my unit
Old 11-17-2022, 09:12 PM
[x] FWCC [x]

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Hey guys,

Navitech sent me the most updated firmware for my unit but i dont know how to run the update.

Do i just put it in an USB and go through the unit's settings??

Please help lol.
Old 11-17-2022, 09:15 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Originally Posted by tones160
Hey guys,

Navitech sent me the most updated firmware for my unit but i dont know how to run the update.

Do i just put it in an USB and go through the unit's settings??

Please help lol.
place the files on the root of your usb. The unit should restart itself and upgrade
Old 12-22-2022, 02:24 AM
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Finally received my unit. This is the second attempt - this time ordered from Navitech. Hope it would work properly.
Old 12-30-2022, 04:31 AM
Instructor

This time I succeeded. It seems the android unit does not support havac in Canadian version and I needed to do some rewiring.
One question to people with unit on board.
When I press "auto" button, the upper screen shows the message "auto a/c off". I cannot run the auto mode with A/C on or - as it used to be with original unit - just with "auto" message on upper screen.
Old 12-30-2022, 07:05 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Originally Posted by mariusz439
This time I succeeded. It seems the android unit does not support havac in Canadian version and I needed to do some rewiring.
One question to people with unit on board.
When I press "auto" button, the upper screen shows the message "auto a/c off". I cannot run the auto mode with A/C on or - as it used to be with original unit - just with "auto" message on upper screen.
That’s just one of the little bugs. It always says AC off when pressing auto even if the AC is on
Old 12-30-2022, 07:07 AM
Instructor

That’s just one of the little bugs. It always says AC off when pressing auto even if the AC is on
Thanks 🙏
Old 01-01-2023, 01:53 AM
Instructor

The noise filter is piece of crap - as someone mentioned it does nothing.
To be honest, when I started to study the picture in #49, it has became strange - it says the GND is always on INPUT while it is positioned on black plug side which is OUTPUT.
On more think. Maybe I've misunderstood the purpose of this noise filter, but if it is for static noise it is useless from the beginning. The noise filter installed on + and GND is for filtering the noises generated by running alternator while this one is described as remedy for static noise heard when engine is off.

Last one. I know it is said the stock camera wouldn't work with the unit. However, i had android unit from other seller once and the stock camera worked perfectly there. I'm wondering why it is not working here. Wondering if it is just the matter of one of the wires behind the unit.
Old 01-01-2023, 03:20 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

The noise filter is piece of crap - as someone mentioned it does nothing.
To be honest, when I started to study the picture in #49, it has became strange - it says the GND is always on INPUT while it is positioned on black plug side which is OUTPUT.
On more think. Maybe I've misunderstood the purpose of this noise filter, but if it is for static noise it is useless from the beginning. The noise filter installed on + and GND is for filtering the noises generated by running alternator while this one is described as remedy for static noise heard when engine is off.

Last one. I know it is said the stock camera wouldn't work with the unit. However, i had android unit from other seller once and the stock camera worked perfectly there. I'm wondering why it is not working here. Wondering if it is just the matter of one of the wires behind the unit.
yeah that noise filter is nonsense does nothing. I also lately have had an issue with their 360 camera system as well which I will do an article for soon.

as for the stock camera. The only way I see it working with this unit is if you can find the video output wire and ground wire and splice them into an RCA to bare wire. Even then I’m not sure it’ll read the signal. The unit only has a plug for rca. Even the 360 camera has a AHD to RCA which means the only rear cam output that will work is indeed RCA on this unit
Old 01-01-2023, 07:40 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Outside temperature sensor

Hello Everyone,

My Name is Daanish and this is going to be a full guide on the 10.1 inch Android Touch Navigation Screen also known as the Tesla Screen for 3G Acura TL's (2004-2008).
This guide will summarize all the information the AcuraZine community has on the radio which can be found this thread Here as well as information I have gather with my time using this radio, and my discussions with the Radio Manufacturer.

I hope this helps, as It has taken me a long time to write this.

Table of Contents:
  • Overview
    1. Should you get this upgrade?
    2. Issues that have not been fixed yet.
  • What and Where to Purchase
    1. Navigation System
    2. 360 Camera System w/ Birds Eye View & Panoramic Parking Monitoring System
    3. Standard Rear-View Camera
    4. Noise Filter
    5. Sim Card
  • Installation Guide/Information
    1. Old Radio Removal
    2. Preinstallation Setup
    3. New Radio Installation
    4. Connecting the backup camera
    5. Final Check
  • Troubleshooting
    1. Changing from Celsius to Fahrenheit
    2. Restoring to Factory Setting
  • Index

Overview

This navigation is an android based system. The highlight of this Navi is that it’s a 9.7” screen diagonally with multi-touch capability, it has almost all apps available from the play store, Android Auto and Apple Car play, Split screen on certain applications, After market camera compatibility, and 360 Camera Compatibility. For the most part this is a PLUG and PLAY system, so the installation is easy and overall, it’s a huge upgrade for this vehicle despite its bugs.
Should you get this upgrade?
I would say YES, if you are planning on keeping your TL for a while, this is a HUGE upgrade. I have mind with 4G LTE that I pay $10 a month for which allows me to stream Apple Music, and Google Maps Navigation w/ Life Traffic Information. I can pay for my Gas with the BP app and disable my CarLock Security System. Of course, I can watch YouTube, HBO, and Prime Video although it’s not the “safest” thing to do. With that all being said, this unit does have some issues.

Issues that have yet to be resolved
· Outside Temperature Reading on the Dashboard will be stuck at 89 Degrees: There will probably never be any fix to this issue. It does not affect the Climate Control.

· Climate control will be a bit unresponsive at times when using the physical button: The climate control buttons will be routed to the display, so the inputs processed by the Navi software sometimes don’t go through which means you sometimes have press buttons twice (very annoying when increasing/decreasing temperature and fan speed). The climate controls on the touch screen will be instantaneous

· Climate control buttons on Clock Screen: (If you have one) will be shown in Celsius. (Only the display will show Fahrenheit)

· Stuck in Phone Call Mode: During a phone call on the home screen the phone app will open and not close until the phone call is ended, or when another app is open the phone call banner will be permanently on the bottom of the screen covering whatever may be there while the phone call is on (ex. The Exit navigation button on google maps will be covered and can get annoying when trying to stop navigation or re-route)

· 4G randomly changes to 3G: This might only be a T-Mobile issue but at random times the system will go into 3G mode for no apparent reason making loading frustratingly slow it makes me want to punch the screen, and turning on or off Airplane mode will not fix it. You have to go into settings and switch the mode to 3G then back to LTW or just waiting to get to a different area while driving (usually within a few hundred feet).

· Does not support Stock Camera: For those of you with Stock Cameras (07+ owners), Your camera will be rendered useless.

· Contact Syncing with iPhone is a Bad Idea: I synced my contacts to this device once and my entire contact list got jacked up. iPhone and Android contacts do not go well together, I would avoid syncing contacts VIA Bluetooth. Just login to your Google Account and sync it that way.

· Side Trims Stick Out: As you can see in the photo above the side trims don’t go in correctly. Not a big deal for me anymore because I don’t really notice it anymore but still poor design.

What and Where to Purchase
1. The Navigation System

This radio is available from multiple sellers on AliExpress. However, the original manufacturer is NaviTech and I highly recommend you only purchase it from them. It will come with the Navi and All Connector Required.

Note: You can click the link below to purchase OR You can contact them through WhatsApp to get a decent discount for purchasing directly using PayPal instead of AliExpress.

Purchase the 2004-2008 Touch Screen Navi: Click Here

2. 360 Camera System w/ Birds Eye Camera and Panoramic Parking Monitoring System (Optional)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDSvO-vQ8d

A 360 Birds eye camera is available for this system at a cost of $300 which is a bit pricey, and to be clear no one on AcuraZine has a complete installation guide. However, it does not seem too complicated to install. Most likely you can message NaviTech, and they will give more information on how to modify the setting to get the camera to connect. (They’re not great with instructions since they have No formal installation Documents)

Purchase the 360 Bird Eye Camera: Click Here

3.(Recommended) Standard Rear-View Camera

A rear-view camera is the option that is easiest and most people should considering getting if you are putting in the time, effort, and money to upgrade to this system. There are 2 options.

License Plate Light Camera:
Spoiler

This camera is built to be a part of the license plate light. It makes for a clean installation however I do not like how it is a little off Center due to the light being on the 2nd to the left and right of the license plate, and It does not have the best view of the bumper. You can purchase this one: Here

License plate holder Camera:
Spoiler

This camera is the one I personally use, and I Love it for the 3G TL. It shows the bumper perfectly, has a very wide angle, and 12 LEDs for Night Vision. You can purchase this from Amazon: Here

4. Noise Filter
Spoiler

One problem this system has is a constant hissing noise that comes through the speaker. I personally have gotten used to it and I no longer really hear it. Sometimes it is very annoying however and the solution to this is a noise filter by NaviTech which is sold separately. I highly recommend getting the noise filter, but it’s not the end of the world if you don’t. You can get it Here

5. Buy Sim Card

Even if you do not plan on using the 4G capabilities of this device, I Highly recommend purchasing a Sim card from your provider and installing it in this device anyway, because to add it later will be a huge hassle. Purchase one and Save the number on the card somewhere secure so u have it available when/if you decide to activate it.

Installation Guide/Information
· Old Radio Removal

First step of course is to remove the old radio. I will not write steps in details with screenshots, instead I will refer you to the YouTube video below. Its very straight forward and will take 10-15 mins maximum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y478zm6OTxs

· Preinstallation Setup

First thing you need to do is slide in your Sim Card into the device, exactly as shown in this photo below!
Spoiler

Before Installation connect the Noise Filter following the Connection Diagram below:
Spoiler

· New Radio Installation

You may find this hard to believe but this device is literally plug and play and screws in with 2 screws on the bottom there is no need for step-by-step instructions. However, please do not put everything back together before connecting the Backup camera and Noise Filter.

· Connecting your Backup Camera

I created a guide to add a backup camera to the Acura TL years ago Here. HOWEVER, In this guide I used wireless transmitters I recommend just wiring it because the transmitters fail after about a year and have interference.

The trigger wire for your back-up camera (reverse light wire) needs to be spliced into the pink wire on one of the harnesses photographed below. I recommend using a quick connector. Where to find the Reverse light wire is in this post Here

Photo Credits: @osvaldo516
Spoiler

· Final Check

Before putting everything back together let’s make sure everything works! Make sure the rear-view camera works, and all. Climate control buttons work!!

Troubleshooting
· Changing from C to F

If your unit did not come preset to F then this issue is a bit annoying to resolve sometimes. First step would be to go into the factory settings tab and change it manually.

Factory Setting Code: 3368
Spoiler

If this doesn’t work, you can try using the C to F APK file. Here

· Restoring to Factory Settings

In the event your devices ever get bricked (screwed up) I have asked NaviTech to send me the restore files. Place the files on a flash drive and plug it into the navi

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0hf...10o/06+Tl+Navi

WARNING: THIS FILE IS ONLY FOR ANDROID 10.1 DEVICES AND IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF YOUR VERSION OR BUILD YOU CAN ASK NAVITECH THROUGH ALIEXPRESS OR WHATSAPP FOR THESE FILES THAT ARE SPECIFIC TO YOUR NAVI

Index:
Factory Setting Code: 3368

Original Thread: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...2008-a-983023/

NaviTech Store: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/336...40f64c4dsMED8Q

04-08 TL Tesla Navi https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000...000188594278.0

360 Camera Kit: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4001...000188594278.2

License Plate Light Rear View Camera: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3233...40f64c4dsMED8Q

License Plate Holder Rear View Camera: https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Se...011853&sr=8-10

Noise Filter: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...25be4c4d8HpzjI

Rear Camera Installation Guide: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...agrams-945081/

Reverse Light Wire Location: https://acurazine.com/forums/3g-tl-a...screen-952291/

Change C to F APK File: https://www.mediafire.com/file/rcd0d...u.air.apk/file

Restore Files (Place on root of flash drive and restart navi if it doesn’t restart by itself): https://www.mediafire.com/folder/0hf...10o/06+Tl+Navi
Hi, is you outside temp. Sensor showing correct reading after installing this unit because mine shows only 32.C in instrument cluster.
Old 01-01-2023, 09:52 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Originally Posted by aman0732
Hi, is you outside temp. Sensor showing correct reading after installing this unit because mine shows only 32.C in instrument cluster.
Yes that is a known issue. It just won’t work and will always show 32C but you can get the temperature on the Navi through weather app
aman0732 (01-01-2023)
Old 01-04-2023, 12:00 PM
Instructor

Have came across another bug. When the rear left door is open, the unit shows the right one are open 🤷

After those few days since I started the yourney with android unit, I must admit the Navitech store customer service is myth. They answer long time, moreover their response does not add any value.
I remember my previous unit I bought at Dainav store or something that I had to send back as it ac didn't work (now i know it was the matter of Canadian version of wireing in ac module). Maybe they didn't manage to solve the problem but i it is important how they tried - fast responses including photos, movies - they were really engaged. I was amazed. The Navitech in this comparison does not look good.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:04 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Have came across another bug. When the rear left door is open, the unit shows the right one are open 🤷

After those few days since I started the yourney with android unit, I must admit the Navitech store customer service is myth. They answer long time, moreover their response does not add any value.
I remember my previous unit I bought at Dainav store or something that I had to send back as it ac didn't work (now i know it was the matter of Canadian version of wireing in ac module). Maybe they didn't manage to solve the problem but i it is important how they tried - fast responses including photos, movies - they were really engaged. I was amazed. The Navitech in this comparison does not look good.
Navitech service is really non existent. I have stopped communicating with them since I had an incident with the 360 camera. I was supposed to have an article for it months ago but they actually lied about what the 360 camera can do (such as parking monitor which is not true, and it has no touch capablity)

I have not seen that door bug, Ill double check mine now haha. But I think i've gotten all the information from them and all the files for now.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:47 PM
Instructor

Ok, the rear door indicator, it is not the bug, it's a feature 😃 There is setting switching rear doors - who knows what is it for 😃

I tried to connect to BT OBD adapter but I can't find the BT settings to pair the device analogous to one on the cell phone. Is it available on the unit?

And I am still wondering about running OEM camera with the unit. I've went through tones of posts and videos and nothing. Nobody tried OEM cam with an aftermarket unit. Cannot stop reminding that when I got previous unit it work from the beginning, so it must be the matter of wireing behind the unit. I studied the electric diagrams and connectors and I'm going to start my investigation with multimeter in hand soon.
Old 01-04-2023, 01:53 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Ok, the rear door indicator, it is not the bug, it's a feature 😃 There is setting switching rear doors - who knows what is it for 😃

I tried to connect to BT OBD adapter but I can't find the BT settings to pair the device analogous to one on the cell phone. Is it available on the unit?

And I am still wondering about running OEM camera with the unit. I've went through tones of posts and videos and nothing. Nobody tried OEM cam with an aftermarket unit. Cannot stop reminding that when I got previous unit it work from the beginning, so it must be the matter of wireing behind the unit. I studied the electric diagrams and connectors and I'm going to start my investigation with multimeter in hand soon.
Its probably for troubleshooting things maybe?

I was never able to connect a BT OBD. I've tried and u just cant connect via blutooth to devices other than phones. Unless we jailbreak the device somehow? Ive tried BT apps and they just mess up the BT in the system I wouldn't recommend it

The OEM camera might still not work if the App cant process the video. All you need to do is Tap into the Video Pin and Grnd pin and connect it to a RCA to bare wire cable, then plug it into the unit and see if it reads the camera. I doubt it does otherwise they would have put in the capablity to plug it in. I have the 360 camera kit now but before that I used an aftermarket 1080p RCA camera.
Old 01-06-2023, 05:59 PM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

I am going to be trying this solution to remove the static from the head unit.

It looks like the HU is sending an amplified signal to the factory amp causing the buzzing noise. If we cut the RCA wires from the head unit and connect them directly to the factory cable that should avoid this problem.
Old 01-13-2023, 11:02 AM
Instructor

I've tested what I could with OEM cam (connected to cam input, to cvbs input) and it doesn't work Ordered aftermarket one.
As I thought about bying one, I am wondering about your problem regarding 360cam. I did reviewed some AliExpress offers and it seems that there are offers much cheaper than Navitech's and they have 8pin plug plugging directly to android unit. They say that only the respective app is required to operate on units screen. Is it just Chinese marketing or Navitech messed something up?

Just read my posts and concluded there is no final opinion for those who are hesitating.
My daughter loves it. To be honest I like it too. Especially I live in Europe and maps didn't work, the both DVD units died, i couldn't listen to my favorite radio stations due to different broadcasting. Probably if i would like to fix or upgrade all of those I would spend much money then on the unit. No sorrows as I am experienced in buying from Ali and I never expect the purchase to be perfect and do not count on after sales service😃 it is China
Old 01-13-2023, 11:25 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

I've tested what I could with OEM cam (connected to cam input, to cvbs input) and it doesn't work Ordered aftermarket one.
As I thought about bying one, I am wondering about your problem regarding 360cam. I did reviewed some AliExpress offers and it seems that there are offers much cheaper than Navitech's and they have 8pin plug plugging directly to android unit. They say that only the respective app is required to operate on units screen. Is it just Chinese marketing or Navitech messed something up?

Just read my posts and concluded there is no final opinion for those who are hesitating.
My daughter loves it. To be honest I like it too. Especially I live in Europe and maps didn't work, the both DVD units died, i couldn't listen to my favorite radio stations due to different broadcasting. Probably if i would like to fix or upgrade all of those I would spend much money then on the unit. No sorrows as I am experienced in buying from Ali and I never expect the purchase to be perfect and do not count on after sales service😃 it is China
Yup as suspected the OEM camera wont work. If you're thinking to add 360 later, your current aftermarket will also not work FYI :/

The reason I had an issue was because Navitech advertised it with Parking monitoring and Touch controls. None of which are available for the 260$ price tag i paid for it. You are CORRECT you can buy any 360 camera unit with a single RCA output for the system. Its just a matter of resolution but im sure thats adjustable, and they are like 80$ not 260$. I figured the 260$ one would give me less hassle in terms of compatibility with the car. But it doesn't even have the TL as a car photo option but it has a 2021 accord.. so.. for a product tailed for this car its pretty disappointing. And I made them away of this threads popularity and everything im trying to do to get this in all the acura's. Its a great system but service isn't there. Perhaps ill start my own shop lol and be a middle man for them. Anyway, Overall I still would consider 360 camera. Its amazing.

Soon I will post a long form video of my completed acura and explain all the things possible with this car and any car for that matter. Stay tuned
Old 01-14-2023, 03:15 AM
Instructor

Take a look at this one Link Do not bother the quality because it is the first one that popped on searching list. Isn't it that you just plug the 8pin into android unit instead of the screen they provide and download adequate app?
Old 01-15-2023, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Wondering about rear cam wireing.
Just tried to install aftermarket one.
It appeared that to make it work, it was anough to connect the trigger wire behind the unit and connect the trigger wire on the other side to camera positive, while it was not necessary to connect camera neutral to ground and camera positive to reverse light positive. Is that OK? I'm asking as all guides, I've seen, are pointing necessity of connection to reverse light and grounding.
Old 01-15-2023, 11:41 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 232 Likes on 160 Posts
Many aftermarket cameras will have two main pigtails.

1) Video Output
This is the yellow RCA connector that should plug directly into your head unit’s input.

2) Power Input
The specific connector may vary, but usually this pigtail will come equipped with a positove wire (Red) and a ground (black).
Usually, you can use a wiretap and connect the positive wire to a reverse light wire and the ground wire can be connected to any common ground.

Below is a picture of my trunk lid for reference. I took this picture when I was testing aftermarket cameras for my Nexus 7 retrofit.

Old 01-16-2023, 01:10 AM
Instructor

That is clear. However in case of Tesla style android unit it makes no sens to connect all triggers, positive, ground as the active trigger wire has already been designed in provided harness, so you just connect the camera "trigger" wire to it and you don't have to play with harness in the back.
Most of the guides regarding Tesla style unit seem to be incorrect. What for one should connect to active trigger behind the unit and in the back - you connect twice to the same active line finnnaly, aren't you? 🧐
The connecting this way is ok if you do not have active trigger line behind the head unit. Other aftermarket units (or self installed tablet) do not offer p&p harness, the wires are cut and you have to connect them on your own - so you don't already have active trigger and you have to find it - the easiest way is to have it from back.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:07 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm sure that you are aware, but in case other aren't, a trigger wire works by telling a specific electronic device to switch it's video input after receiving a "signal" (i.e. increase in voltage). As such, that is why so many people use the reverse light wire because they want their interface to switch to the backup camera view once they shift their vehicle into reverse.

I don't have a Tesla unit, but my assumption is that the trigger wire coming out of the Tesla screen harness is simply meant to "trigger" the screen to switch into the reverse camera video input. This is essentially the same way that the OEM navigation wiring harness works as well, but we don't need to speak about that.

If you're looking for a wire near the dash, you can find the same green wire near the fuse box. Here is a picture for reference:

However, the aftermarket camera also needs POWER. If you don't have power running to the camera, it will never turn on. That was the purpose of my post. Yes, you can use the same reverse light wire as both a trigger for the Tesla unit (in the front of your vehicle) as well as a power source for the actual camera (in the rear of your vehicle).
Old 01-16-2023, 08:16 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

@mariusz439 @wusty23jd

Okay so, weird thing. Mario you are correct I realized this a few month back. you don’t need the trigger wire for some reason. You actually go straight into reverse without it. It can detect reverse automatically and switch to the camera. Navitech still suggests connecting 12V to the pink wire from any camera but I doesn’t look needed

easiest way

Connect the rear camera to the reverse light power and ground. And the trigger wire from the RCA. That way the camera is off when in reverse as well and you have a reverse trigger wire up front if u ever need it.
Old 01-16-2023, 08:24 AM
Burning Brakes

That is a great tip. I love when RCAs have a spare trigger wire. You never know when you might need one. In case anyone is wondering what this looks like, there are certain RCAs that have an extra trigger wire running through the black wire loom like this:

Old 01-29-2023, 06:49 AM
Instructor

Have some problems with fitting side trims. Watched the videos on YT but i cannot fit it in. It looks as second and third clip from the top don't fit Any advices? I am thinking about some craft work an reshaping those 2 clips.
Old 01-29-2023, 07:38 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Have some problems with fitting side trims. Watched the videos on YT but i cannot fit it in. It looks as second and third clip from the top don't fit Any advices? I am thinking about some craft work an reshaping those 2 clips.
hard clip to go in. Go little by little cutting or it will never clip on. After filling mine too for I can confidently say I have no idea what’s blocking it from clipping on. But I noticed if you hold the back of the unit with the top clock off and push the trim it will go on tight. The filling might have helped that to work for me.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:22 AM
Instructor

Tried to hold the back with clock off but it doesn't work. I am afraid if I push it harder it would break.

I have no idea what’s blocking it from clipping on
I think the plastic is to soft and flexible therefore - it bends slightly instead of resisting and clipping.
Old 01-29-2023, 08:30 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Tried to hold the back with clock off but it doesn't work. I am afraid if I push it harder it would break.

I think the plastic is to soft and flexible therefore - it bends slightly instead of resisting and clipping.
look really closely at the trim. Really close. There’s a bunch of L shaped ridges on the sides that snap in. I basically cut those to smaller “L”’s and some became “I”s lol. If you feel around when putting it in and closely look at it you’ll know around where and how u should cut. GO LITTLE BY LITTLE
Old 02-02-2023, 02:35 AM
Instructor

I am still observing the heating behaviour after the unit installation.
It looks a little bit strange as I can't understand why each time i run the car in the same circumstances the blowing temp is not the same. I imagine the unit is only pass-throug and dedicated module in car steers the heating. Hovewer i know the heat steering with oem unit was dependent - beside inside temp reading and the user level setting - on GPS reading, outside temp reading, light sensor. I am wondering how it works with android unit - are all of those inputs still in algorithm.
Old 02-04-2023, 01:36 AM
Instructor

I've just installed the after market cam. I was lucky - it fitted perfectly OEM cam hausing without any need for cutting.

Old 02-04-2023, 07:46 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

It looks a little bit strange as I can't understand why each time i run the car in the same circumstances the blowing temp is not the same. I imagine the unit is only pass-throug and dedicated module in car steers the heating. Hovewer i know the heat steering with oem unit was dependent - beside inside temp reading and the user level setting - on GPS reading, outside temp reading, light sensor. I am wondering how it works with android unit - are all of those inputs still in algorithm.
What do u mean blowing temp isn’t that same. Also heat steering?
Old 02-04-2023, 07:47 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

I've just installed the after market cam. I was lucky - it fitted perfectly OEM cam hausing without any need for cutting.

This is neat. So it works with the system using a rCA?
Old 02-05-2023, 03:36 AM
Instructor

Yes it is RCA aftermarket cam. Just needed to do the wireing from the unit. But no drilling, cutting etc in the back 😊 It really surprised me because every time I am doing something in the car I face some unpredictable obstacles 😂

What do u mean blowing temp isn’t that same. Also heat steering?
The steering works - the temp changes when changing settings. However the auto mode behaves strange in my opinion.

Last edited by mariusz439; 02-05-2023 at 03:40 AM.
Old 02-07-2023, 06:00 AM
Instructor

Have started to get the message each time i turn on the unit

Old 02-07-2023, 07:14 AM
06 TL Owner and Comedian

Have started to get the message each time i turn on the unit
define strange. And if that is happening you might need to restore the software.
Old 02-07-2023, 10:40 PM
Instructor

I 100% agree. I used to be able to put the car on auto and the heat would work fine. Now with this unit, it's all over the board as far as where it's blowing, the blower speed, and the warmness of the air. I now just turn it off auto and pick my mode and blower speed then it works fine

Quick Reply: [Full Guide] 9.7in Android Touch Navi Upgrade (Tesla Style) for Acura TL 2004-2008