Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

the zen of car cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 02:08 AM
Cold Racketeer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
the zen of car cleaning

Just took some time and gave my TL its first total interior cleaning. Started with a big fluffy static duster which did a great job on all the surfaces, then hit the seats and e-brake with leather/vinyl conditioner. Finally cleaned the windows.

There is something about sitting in your totally cleaned out, conditioned car, the smell of the product, the shine of the slick surfaces, the feeling of having a blank canvas again that is very calming and awesome. It's almost theraputic for me.

I have a bad feeling I just typed something wierd. Oh well, point is, a clean car makes me happy (i keep my townhouse looking like a disaster area)
Old 11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
Role model

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it's true. yoo feel a lot better in a clean car...its almost as if it drivers better when its clean
Old 11-11-2005, 11:04 AM
05 WDP/Ebony/5AT/NaviLess

Originally Posted by tzakiel
Just took some time and gave my TL its first total interior cleaning. Started with a big fluffy static duster which did a great job on all the surfaces, then hit the seats and e-brake with leather/vinyl conditioner. Finally cleaned the windows.

There is something about sitting in your totally cleaned out, conditioned car, the smell of the product, the shine of the slick surfaces, the feeling of having a blank canvas again that is very calming and awesome. It's almost theraputic for me.

I have a bad feeling I just typed something wierd. Oh well, point is, a clean car makes me happy (i keep my townhouse looking like a disaster area)
Hafta agree. I love the smell and feel of the car after its been nicely cleaned. Almost don't want to touch it because its so perfect! And of course, I love the new car smell!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As car people, we always keep our cars very clean, we can not enjoy them
otherwise.

I see a fair amount of NICE cars that look like rolling dumpsters inside and out,
black wheels, dirty paint, cruddy windows, and the inside filled with trash, clothes,
old bags of food, ashtray overflowing, etc.

I just dont get it, and suspect when it gets real dirty, people just trade it in
to get a clean car, they do not seem to know you can actualy clean them...

I can sort of understand it if its an old crappy car, but a NICE car???
And a clean well running crappy car is still way better than a pig sty
crappy car.

On the other extreme, I see people cleaning their car at the bank or other
places, which looks bad, like you got to pull over every few miles and clean it
or wax it....

Our car is always cleaned before any trip, fluids and tire pressures checked,
after the trip, all the trash/bags/whatever comes out, if not before we get home.

Any problem with a car, no matter how minor, will ruin my enjoyment of any
trip, the Passat was a real problem here, something was always screwed up.

I remember after just buying my Passat, parking next to another one, which
looked 10 years old, damaged rims, stains on the leather, filthy inside and out,
and filled with trash.
At most it could have been 1 year older as both were the b5.5 platform.
Why someone wants to spend $30,000.00 for a car and then convert it into
a rolling garbage can is beyond me....

Brett
Old 11-11-2005, 12:31 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 216 Likes on 131 Posts

I have the 6MT so Im always cleaning my front wheels. Thats the one thing Im always looking at.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:34 PM
HMFIC

I always get a feeling of calm when I finish cleaning my cars. Probably because my motorcycle lives in the garage with all my junk so I feel the cars are not protected.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:37 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree. There is nothing like keeping your car crystal clean. I enjoy it and have an obsession to keep it clean. I also have friends driving a rolling dumpster and they ask me why I take these efforts and cars are bound to get dirty. I tell them after taking a dump your a$$ gets dirty too, do you leave it that way or wipe it? I wipe it clean

Trending Topics

Old 11-11-2005, 12:37 PM
Pro

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
My argument to one of my co-worker was who always has a rolling trash bag...you wake up in the morning...clean yourself up (hopefully), put on good clothes to get to work and then sit in this POS that smells worst then a McDonalds kitchen...and has shit lying all over the joint...I had to get to work with this person a couple of times and it just ruined my day rolling up with him....ugh.

Not a neat freak or anything...I understand not everyone has time to clean up every little thing now and then but when dust starts blowing out of your vents...I think you should get a hint.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:46 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 4,284 Likes on 2,642 Posts
Also agree, it relaxes me on a summer morning to grab a beer, turn on some tunes, and wash/detail the vehicles.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:47 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I'm the same way as most of you. I clean or dust or pick-up or wipe-down my car every day in one way or another, just keep it tidy and neat. Of course, I wash it when it needs to be washed and wax, etc. I just don't understand people who have nice cars and they're just dismal inside and out.

I get into people's cars and they're dusty or cluttered or both, the outside looks it was run through a gas-station car wash about three months ago. I guess some people look at their car the way they look at their toaster -- just an appliance.

Me? I love my car, can't help it, I'm a car guy and always will be. Fresh oil, good gas, and frequent wash/wax/dusting, that's the way to have a car that, in ten years, only looks (and drives) a couple years old.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:58 PM
Team Anthracite Member

I Love it! Thanks JoganJani!

Originally Posted by JoganJani
I agree. There is nothing like keeping your car crystal clean. I enjoy it and have an obsession to keep it clean. I also have friends driving a rolling dumpster and they ask me why I take these efforts and cars are bound to get dirty. I tell them after taking a dump your a$$ gets dirty too, do you leave it that way or wipe it? I wipe it clean
Old 11-11-2005, 01:29 PM
Three Wheelin'

i always think the car runs better after a cleaning...
definitley after a wax.
i'm so stupid.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:21 PM
Racer

I love washing and cleaning my cars. My wife can't understand how I can make such a mess inside the house and not really care about it but I obsess over how the clean the car should be and if there are any nicks or scratches on it. She's totally the opposite because she won't clean the car but she obsesses over having the house spotless.

My neighbor actually would make fun of me because I was always outside washing the cars. Just recently he saw me driving my new TL and said "Now that's a car to wash!"

Another thing I love and hate is the rain. There's nothing like seeing water bead and fall off a clean car. I just don't like it when it rains within 24 hours of me washing the car.

Question--does anyone else have an issues with the black strips on the door edge (just next to the windows) getting dirty with finger smudges? Just a minor thing I notice.
Old 11-11-2005, 02:37 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
This thread belongs in out Wash and Wax Forum:
https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/

I can't move the thread there, so feel free to post it there.