Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Zaino alternative

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2004, 09:48 PM
A.K.A. Karl Hungus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zaino alternative

Ok, everyone is crazy about Zaino. Five years ago, I would be right there with them. But with as much as I have to do, I can't do it. So my compromise was to get a Diamond Gloss paint application done at Ziebart (posted a thread before I did it). Costed 250. Guaranteed renewal rate of about 95, I think. Less than 100 per reappllication.

I'm in PA and we've had a lot of snow. I have driven my car for work a great deal, its been covered in salt. I have an Accord (waiting for next years TL, using the Accord as a 'test' platform, but don't tell it). I had the coating done in late November. I've used brushless car washes, and a good car wash with the foam cleaning devices. I have not washed it myself.

In my opinion, this is a better product than I've used on my own car (Meguires, 2000, Eagle One). I wash the car, and it looks like I juste waxed it. I'm thrilled, and I don't see any, at this point, paint problems.

Another point -- the Acura dealer here uses this product apparently, because of the cars they have sitting right of the highway. They were having to repaint the cars before they sold because of salt erosion and acid rain. They use the coating now and it has apparently solved their problem.

So for all of you with more kids, work, and obligations than time, I think we have another viable alternative. I'll post an update at the end of winter to see if it holds up.
Old 01-23-2004, 10:46 PM
Banned

Well good luck, and let us know what you think over time. To me there is no replacement for regular car care both inside and out. I have several cars and when I get too busy, I have someone I trust detail them. Otherwise, I do it myself.
Old 01-24-2004, 07:27 AM
A.K.A. Karl Hungus

Oh absolutely. And there is a Zen mind thing to detailing too. But there isn't ANYONE I trust in this area, and I've had most of the shops detail my other cars. Their jobs were inferior.

Heck, if you know any good detailers in PGh, let me know.
Old 01-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally posted by silveraccord
Oh absolutely. And there is a Zen mind thing to detailing too. But there isn't ANYONE I trust in this area, and I've had most of the shops detail my other cars. Their jobs were inferior.

Heck, if you know any good detailers in PGh, let me know.
Well what I did was go to an exotic car dealer here in S. Florida, and speak to the guy who details the Lambo's, Porches, etc., and get him to work for me on the side. Needless to say he knows his stuff better than I do.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:08 PM
A.K.A. Karl Hungus

Good idea. Will have to do that, there are 2 in this area. Didn't think of that. Thanks.
Old 01-24-2004, 12:27 PM
Banned

Your welcome. Figure that you will pay about a 1/3 of what the place charges for things like wet sanding, extensive detailing, engine cleaning, etc., and about a 1/4 for minor washes, weather-stripping conditioning, and so on. I have him use my own products as well, and pay him after the job is completed. He isn't as cheap as the neighborhood kid, but it is worth it to insure your car isn't damaged.

Old 01-25-2004, 08:58 AM
BOOK EM

Any idea what they use on those cars?
Old 01-27-2004, 09:09 AM
Instructor

Paint Tx

Although I don't have my TL yet I'm going over all the posts about
waxes, polishes et.
My experience with Ziebart paint tx is great. I have a 97 green Yukon and had the Ziebart treatment when new. It works great.
I do it once per year and go thru many car washes. I don't hand wash this thing cause it's like washing a 4 bedroom colonial.

Truck looks better than new still and I didn't do the tx last year.

If I order the black TL/Camel I will definetly get the Ziebart tx or one from the dealer that has a 5yr warranty.

Now which color?? Gosh I wish they offered the white with camel interior!!!
Craig