Is the Z-6 really worth it.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2004 | 11:40 AM
Cruisin'

Is the Z-6 really worth it.

I am wanting to know if the Z-6 Ultra Clean Gloss Enhancer Spray
really makes a difference? They say it can take a while to learn to use it correctly. So I want to know what kind of a difference it makes, and whether or not I could live without it.
Old 01-28-2004 | 12:35 PM
Intermediate

Thumbs up

First post here on this board. I have been doing a lot of reading because I am looking to buy a TL in the near future.

Anyway I thought I would answer this since I use Zaino products on my 98 Camaro SS.

Z6 is a great product. I use it as a finishing spray after I wax with Z2 and I also use it between washes if the car is not too dirty to remove light dust. It gives the finish an extra gloss and helps repel dust and dirt. It's very easy to use and does not require any special techniques to apply. Just make sure you try and use it in the shade rather than the sun - not a requirement but helps prevent it form drying too fast before you wipe it off. Also do small sections at a time. If you need any more help, just ask.
Old 01-28-2004 | 12:37 PM
Intermediate

It is great stuff!

Makes for a great "detailer" - and it does make a difference between coats of Z-2 or Z-5.

Only trick is to make damn sure you do NOT let it dry without wipeing it down after you spray it on. If you do, just spray more on to remove the spots (that will occur if you let it dry).

If you are going to Zaino your TL - you need it. It is the only thing you should be putting on the car to "detail" it after you wash or between washes.

Good luck.
Old 01-28-2004 | 12:44 PM
Intermediate

LouS

Hey there - I own an SS as well (2002 Bright Rally Red)!

Great cars aren't they! (Mine is a weekend driver also - it has been in storage since Thanksgiving due to the Iowa Winter).

Nothing but Zaino on that, my wife's Pilot, my 2001 Chevy 4X4 and very soon I hope the TL.

Organa7 - beware, Zaino can become addictive with repeated use!
Old 01-28-2004 | 12:58 PM
Intermediate

Hey 04REDTL,

Yes they are. My 98 is bright red also and I bought it new. Mine's a bit modded and is around the 400HP mark at the flywheel. If you've ever heard of Lou's Short Stick, well that's me. I have been looking for a daily sports sedan type of car and I'm seriously considering the new TL.
Old 01-28-2004 | 12:59 PM
Racer

YES - The Z6 makes a nice "finish" to your Z job. It does 2 things -
1. It adds another level of gloss to the shine
2. It removes any of the polish that was missed.

I don't usually use it between multiply coats, only at the end. The advantage of using it between coats is that it makes things more slippery, and then each following coat is even easier to apply.

One more trick to using it is to use it SPARINGLY! Just the lightest mist over 1-2 sq. feet, rub in in and buff, then another 2 sq feet. I rub it in in small circles (to assure complete coverage), and then buff it in a straight line - back and forth on horizontal surfaces, and up and down on the vertical - the same as for the polish.

After a good Z job and the Z6, I can drop my towel in the middle of the hood and it will slide right off!
Old 01-28-2004 | 09:06 PM
3rd Gear

As a die hard Zaino fan myself, I agree with everything above. Definitely get the Z-6. As has been said, it can be used between coats of Z-2 and it can be used as a quick detailer as well for touch-ups after and/or between washings.

Seeing a towel slide right off your hood after applying Zaino is a sight to behold!

Bucky
Old 01-28-2004 | 09:13 PM
BOOK EM

I also use it on my windows. Leaves a beautiful shine on them also
Old 01-29-2004 | 10:58 AM
Cruisin'

Thanks for the info. But I doubt I will ever really have the time to detail my car in between washes. Usually I am either going to wash it or nothing. So with that in mind, does it really make a difference when using in between coats. Really would like the opinion of some people that have tried it both ways if possible. Thanks again.
Old 01-29-2004 | 11:57 AM
Senior Moderator

I use it after a wash. You always end up with minor water spotting on the car after it dries, even after using the leaf blower and an Absorber.

The Z6 makes quick work of water spots and leaves the paint silky smooth. Man I sound like an advertisement.