3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

you know, along with the TL, I also considered buying a Caddy CTS-V. Good idea?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 10:36 AM
Role model

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you know, along with the TL, I also considered buying a Caddy CTS-V. Good idea?

i mean, for a 2004/5, you can get the same "type" of car, for the same amount of money. for something like 30 grand on the Caddy, you could get the same 4 doors, the same leather, the same navigation, and the same XM and bluetooth.

oh, and im sure that with the optional 400HP engine, the caddy would be faster :p

i really didnt care to go to a caddy dealership to find out, but in hindsight, maybe it would have been a good comparison.

your thoughts?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:40 AM
Role model

well, maybe not the -V...which is $50K

but maybe the regular CTS?
Old 11-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Horny.

The seats are more plush.

And heat/AC will blasting a lot quicker than any car I had. I prefer a Cadillac over other in the winter snow.
Old 11-11-2005, 10:55 AM
05 WDP/Ebony/5AT/NaviLess

Originally Posted by yoolykeme
i mean, for a 2004/5, you can get the same "type" of car, for the same amount of money. for something like 30 grand on the Caddy, you could get the same 4 doors, the same leather, the same navigation, and the same XM and bluetooth.

oh, and im sure that with the optional 400HP engine, the caddy would be faster :p

i really didnt care to go to a caddy dealership to find out, but in hindsight, maybe it would have been a good comparison.

your thoughts?

Couldn't bring myself to buy a domestic. But thats me!
Old 11-11-2005, 10:56 AM
Role model

i can dig it.....when i bought a jimmy, it sucked.....told myself that i would never buy another GM product.

i guess im just looking at things in hindsight

Originally Posted by pvansh
Couldn't bring myself to buy a domestic. But thats me!
Old 11-11-2005, 11:05 AM
Banned

I have been looking at them for a while, as a replacement for the 05 tl that im not happy with. The problem I run into is that the interior, while nice, is not as nice as the TL.

The V is MUCH FASTER, that's the huge draw.
Old 11-11-2005, 12:41 PM
HMFIC

Had the CTS-V been available at the same price as the TL, I would have bought that. However, it's a ton more money!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, I checked on it too, its about 50. You want something with some nice power for a TL price with roughly the same caddy performance check out the charger SRT-8, that thing is nice.

Its not as luxerious, and fully loaded after dodge rebates you can probably get it for high 30s.
Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 PM
HMFIC

Originally Posted by crazymjb
yeah, I checked on it too, its about 50. You want something with some nice power for a TL price with roughly the same caddy performance check out the charger SRT-8, that thing is nice.

Its not as luxerious, and fully loaded after dodge rebates you can probably get it for high 30s.
The only problem, they are all automatic!

Booo!
Old 11-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Banned

your thoughts?
good idea, they are a very fast car.... but it's alot more expensive than the TL. You could spend another 15k (on top of the 10k you've already added from TL to spec V) and get the zo6
Old 11-11-2005, 02:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
I'm not a fan of GM's quality and relability, check out Car Talk for the Z06 problems... screw that
Old 11-11-2005, 03:34 PM
Suzuka Master

I know!!!! I was hoping at least they could get 6 speed autos!! Anyway, I am 80% sure we are getting a magnum rt-awd this winter, hemi brings it to 60 in 5.7. That, price wise, has an MSRP of 38(configured to our liking(leather, navi, climate control, on board computer, additional safety systems) and dodge said they will go 500 below invoice so we can get it for about 1k more than we got our TL for. I will make a thread in car talk when the time comes, or a comparison thread here if/when we get it!
Old 11-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KilroyR1
The only problem, they are all automatic!

Booo!

Wrong they are all Manual.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:40 PM
Banned

I know!!!! I was hoping at least they could get 6 speed autos!! Anyway, I am 80% sure we are getting a magnum rt-awd this winter, hemi brings it to 60 in 5.7. That, price wise, has an MSRP of 38(configured to our liking(leather, navi, climate control, on board computer, additional safety systems) and dodge said they will go 500 below invoice so we can get it for about 1k more than we got our TL for. I will make a thread in car talk when the time comes, or a comparison thread here if/when we get it!
You cant even drive, how can you say you went and looked at it?

you dont have a concept of money nor driving, shut up already.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:51 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperSteel
You cant even drive, how can you say you went and looked at it?

you dont have a concept of money nor driving, shut up already.
hear yourself talk

"how can you saw you went and looked at it?"

just because he cant drive dosn't mean he cant look at it

and just because we are young does not mean that we have a concept of money or driving

i do have a concept of money and have driven

stop being prejudice and just listen to what we say
Old 11-11-2005, 05:09 PM
Suzuka Master

Thanks Luvr. I wasn't trying to start an argument supersteel. I have driven before and we will be getting this car in the winter, when I have my permit and have driven both cars.

I also have a very real concept of money, seeing as I have a job and spent the past 5 hours doign yard work for my neighbor.

I am also willing to bet Acuraluvr and I know a fair bit more about the TL and cars in general than you. So it would be nice if you could back your arguments up with facts.

All final car purchases of my family(immediate) go through me, I chose the TL, and I am choosing the magnum. I have done research into both of them and have driven/driven in both of them. I know there Lat Gs, turning radius's, acceleration, breaking, etc. So before YOU ask ME how I was able to go an LOOK at a car, think about it.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:42 PM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts

your thoughts?
Not to be an a--, but the small block V8 is not an option with the CTS-V.. it's the base engine and in the only engine available.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:44 PM
Registered Member

your thoughts?
Oops, forgot the rest of my response to your thread.

I, too, was weighing the CTS-V when I bought my TL. It's truly a fine driving machine and worthy of consideration for serious enthusiasts. You did well to consider it, my friend.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:56 PM
05 C230K & 09 135i 6MT

Thanks Luvr. I wasn't trying to start an argument supersteel. I have driven before and we will be getting this car in the winter, when I have my permit and have driven both cars.

I also have a very real concept of money, seeing as I have a job and spent the past 5 hours doign yard work for my neighbor.

I am also willing to bet Acuraluvr and I know a fair bit more about the TL and cars in general than you. So it would be nice if you could back your arguments up with facts.

All final car purchases of my family(immediate) go through me, I chose the TL, and I am choosing the magnum. I have done research into both of them and have driven/driven in both of them. I know there Lat Gs, turning radius's, acceleration, breaking, etc. So before YOU ask ME how I was able to go an LOOK at a car, think about it.
You mean their skidpad results, turning radii, acceleration, and braking? We'd take you more seriously if you weren't a know-it-all 15 year old who has consistently proven himself as naive and without concept of money or true driving.

Knowing skidpad results and turning radii on a car mean nothing, anyone can access that information via google within seconds, although all information will likely differ. It's knowing the car's characteristics when testing its handling, knowing where the car can turn around through intuition (not by a digit figure of a turning radius, you can't get out and measure), knowing how the car behaves during acceleration and braking and being in tune with a car - UNTIL then, you are not a driver, you are a researcher.

I'm personally offended by a lot of your know-it-all posts. At 15 I could recite stats for the NSX from HP to TQ at which RPMs, engine displacement, and technological firsts - but that didn't mean I could get out there and drive it to its potential. And neither can you.
Old 11-11-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Acuraluvr
hear yourself talk

"how can you saw you went and looked at it?"

just because he cant drive dosn't mean he cant look at it

and just because we are young does not mean that we have a concept of money or driving

i do have a concept of money and have driven

stop being prejudice and just listen to what we say
You obviously havent read his posts before, have you?

As for what I said, how are you having a difficult time comprehending it?
what the fuck is your quote for? "How can you saw?" Who the fuck said that?

I am also young, 24, the fact is the person I was talking to, NOT YOU, is consistantly retarded on here.

Case in point, refering to what daddy might do as 'us', shows no concept of reality.

Sorry.

Ill clarify, what I consider "looking" at a car doesnt end at staring at it through a window or not being able to drive. When I go "look" at a car, I drive it. Most people do.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

For you anti-American car types, I only hope my TL serves me as well as three of the four Fords I've owned have. If so, I would quite happy. My '88 Mustang LX 302 CID, my '96 Contour SE, and my 2001 Ranger pickup were and are flawless.

That out of the way, the CTS-V makes use of one of the best engines ever designed.. the small block Chevy. It's hard to argue with such success. I hope Cadillac sells every last CTS-V they build and I'm quite certain they will. Further more, I hope they beat beat the pants off of the foreign competitors, such as Mercedes and BMW which they apparently are doing quite well (read Car and Driver's on-going reports of the race-prepped CTS-Vs).

Finally, I've been taken to task about this before but compare the sound of a Ferrrai engine to that of a Z06 and see which sounds better. If you say the Ferrari, I would have to wonder about your sanity, let along your allegiance. And the exhaust note of a well-cammed, solid lifter, header endowed, American V8 is pure music to the ears.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:18 PM
Spinnin them beats

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperSteel

Ill clarify, what I consider "looking" at a car doesnt end at staring at it through a window or not being able to drive. When I go "look" at a car, I drive it. Most people do.

before buying our car, i also drove it

we have a 04' TL auto w/navi and i drove it previous to buying the car

i also 'analyzed' and drove other cars we were interesting in buying, ie the lexus gs, infiniti, etc

i know our car's limits, their habits, what they can do

when we look at a car, I also drive it for i have already proven myself as a responsible person when given an opportunity

therefore, i do not only judge by facts, but by firsthand experience
Old 11-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Horny.

You might have suggested your parents to buy the TL and they bought the TL because it was the best choice, merely a coincident. Your parents make the ultimate decision.
Old 11-11-2005, 06:45 PM
Suzuka Master

^ultimate yes, but that is incorrect. I did choose the TL over other stuff they were looking at. They were ready to close on the magnum last year and I said I didn't think we should get it at that point and that I liked the TL, so we walked away.

I admit I do not know exactly how the TL drives, or exactly how the magnum drives, but I base my decision on reviews and talking directly to the drivers who have been in both vehicles.

You can tell a lot from skidpad info, and all that other good stuff.

When have I exhibited a lack of financial understanding? I am very aware of where money gets you and what costs how much. I regularly discuss income, taxing, purchases, and insurance prices with my mother and father. I know how much we are paying for the our car monthly, when we make larger then normal payments on it, etc. So don't tell me how much I know about financial information.

When refering to it as we/our etc, makes a lot of sense as my parents will be getting an insurance policy on the cars and will allow me to drive them, nevermind which one I may get as a USMC grad gift. So it is OUR car, as I am a member of the family who will be using them.

This "retard" is getting an A+ in his automotive course and has figured stuff out on cars the teacher has not been able too. Because 100% of my posts do not make sense, does not make me a retard. Go take your 8 years more of knowledge and learn some respect.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:05 PM
Banned

^ultimate yes, but that is incorrect. I did choose the TL over other stuff they were looking at. They were ready to close on the magnum last year and I said I didn't think we should get it at that point and that I liked the TL, so we walked away.

I admit I do not know exactly how the TL drives, or exactly how the magnum drives, but I base my decision on reviews and talking directly to the drivers who have been in both vehicles.

You can tell a lot from skidpad info, and all that other good stuff.

When have I exhibited a lack of financial understanding? I am very aware of where money gets you and what costs how much. I regularly discuss income, taxing, purchases, and insurance prices with my mother and father. I know how much we are paying for the our car monthly, when we make larger then normal payments on it, etc. So don't tell me how much I know about financial information.

When refering to it as we/our etc, makes a lot of sense as my parents will be getting an insurance policy on the cars and will allow me to drive them, nevermind which one I may get as a USMC grad gift. So it is OUR car, as I am a member of the family who will be using them.

This "retard" is getting an A+ in his automotive course and has figured stuff out on cars the teacher has not been able too. Because 100% of my posts do not make sense, does not make me a retard. Go take your 8 years more of knowledge and learn some respect.

Ooh automotive course. When you finish high school, graduate college, then go for some more schooling, then talk about academia. Even better, since you'll be added to the insurance policy you should be able to use the term "us"? Yeah, you're way up there in the logic department. It's theirs, plain and simple.

As for the 13 year old that drives cars when his family test drives them, Your parents are retards, I dont care how 'responsible' you think you are.
Old 11-11-2005, 08:19 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Your comments are totally uncalled for, SuperSteel. Take it to PM with crazymjb if you're going to argue.

This thread also belongs in Car Talk......Caddy CTS-V......mmmmmmmmm.....Caddy CTS....nope.