3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

yahoo, just put a deposit for new TL in Boston !!

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2004, 03:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yahoo, just put a deposit for new TL in Boston !!

well, i'm a part of the flock now. just put a deposit for '05 TL 6MT with Navi, NBP/Ebony with underbody kit, rear wing, body side moldings, foor mats, wheel locks (parts only) and free inspection for life. $34500 + $200 fees. i think it's a decent deal, what do you think ? the base price was around $35K and the rest was the option ...

can't wait to get it
stan.
Old 10-09-2004, 04:21 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Diver
the base price was around $35K and the rest was the options ...
oops, i meant $33K
Old 10-09-2004, 04:26 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Welcome to the family

oops, i meant $33K
Congratulations and welcome to the forum and to the Acura family!

You're going to love your new TL! You'll find the members here are a treasure of knowledge and experience to help you get to know your new car.

If you have Navi, I think you were right the first time: MSRP is $35,500 or so. And, you got a very good deal on a 2005 with the body parts! It's almost too good to be true. You must be some wheeler-dealer.

Enjoy!
Old 10-09-2004, 04:57 PM
Instructor

Thanks, Xpditor !

I was actually right the second time By base price I meant how much I paid without the options, thus "the base" price. Sorry if it was vague ...

And I'm not a wheeler-dealer I'm actually pretty bad with that - I hate negotiations and dealing with sales people. but I did some home work first, email couple of dealerships. I got a quote for $33195 without any options and about $35250 with the options. That was the best price and it was in RI (I'm in MA). Couple of dealrships said they would match it. I walked out the first one becasue they didn't even want to negotiate, but second one gave me $34500 for everything. They had $200 processing fee which they refused to waive, but they also gave me life time free inpection.

I called couple more dealerships from their parking lot and they were kinda surprised with the low quote that I had. So I decided to go for it, especially since this dealership is local for me. And here I am now

I test drove 5AT before and today as well and also tried 6MT. 6MT was what I wanted, but since I don't have a lot of MT driving experiece, I tried AT first to get a general feel of the car and MT then just to see how clutch was. A little tricky I must say. The engagment is damn short ! And a little high as to my taste. So I think it will take some time to get used to, but I know I'm gonna love it
Old 10-09-2004, 08:48 PM
Advanced

Congratulations! Where did you buy (and where did you walk out of)? Just curious, since I'm in the same area, and there's 1 dealer that I've done business with and another one that I've walked out on TWICE over the years because they were such pushy asses.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:01 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by caha14
Congratulations! Where did you buy (and where did you walk out of)? Just curious, since I'm in the same area, and there's 1 dealer that I've done business with and another one that I've walked out on TWICE over the years because they were such pushy asses.
I went to Acura of Peabody and shortly after that I left. I went to Acura of Boston and that's where I got the car. I also called couple dealerships in RI and CT and they said they would probably be able to match but not to beat the offer. So the logical thing to do was to go with the local dealer and I did
Old 10-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
Diver, congrats and welcome to the Acura family! You're going to love it. It's definitely worth the wait. You'll find that this forum is a great place for information and assistance.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:38 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Hey Diver,

I bought an '05 Anthracite/Ebony - 5AT w/ Navi at Acura of Boston in late September, and I take delivery next week. I'll be getting the A-SPEC kit as soon as I have the extra cash. They gave me a nice deal, too. I got the car for about $2k under MSRP. Who was your sales rep?
Old 10-09-2004, 11:01 PM
Advanced

Hey Diver,
Congrats on the new ride. Who did you see at Acura of Boston, I worked with Daryl Pinto back in August and was very happy with the deal we got.

Dude, you got a kick ass deal btw.

Enjoy!
Old 10-10-2004, 08:42 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by golfingguru
Who did you see at Acura of Boston, I worked with Daryl Pinto back in August and was very happy with the deal we got.
People mentioned Daryl Pinto several times on this forum when I was asking where to buy and who to deal with, but apparently each dealersip has a person who deals with all email inquiries and then that person leads the deal.

When I first came to Acura of Peabody I was talking to one guy and afer he checked my driver license he asked if I emailed them. I said yes and he said that I should work with a different guy. So I asked for the guy I emalied with in Acura of Boston when I came there. He's name is Sam Davis.

Can't really say much about him, there was no much negotiation. I came in with $33195 (for no options) deal already on my hands and said that he emailed that he could compete with this price. He lowered his price and after that he didn't budge at all. But almost $2900 under MSRP (with all the options) is not bad at all

Stan.
Old 10-10-2004, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I went to Acura of Peabody and shortly after that I left. I went to Acura of Boston and that's where I got the car. I also called couple dealerships in RI and CT and they said they would probably be able to match but not to beat the offer. So the logical thing to do was to go with the local dealer and I did
Congrads Diver. Sam gave me the brochure for the TL and I later worked with Debbie Robertson to get mine. Acura of Boston has been pretty easy to deal with overall and seem to be more than willing to deal. I was shocked as it's a metro Boston dealership. I too had a very similar experience as you. It took all of 30 minutes to get the deal done. Just be sure to wave to your local TLers here around town. I'm the one with the kitted WDP with the lip spoiler.

dsc888
Old 10-10-2004, 07:00 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by dsc888
Just be sure to wave to your local TLers here around town. I'm the one with the kitted WDP with the lip spoiler.
dsc888
i sure will do ! couple more weeks fof wait !!!
Old 10-10-2004, 07:35 PM
registered !!

Congratulations !!! The TL is a great car. You have chosen a great color combination. Although i should tell you on a personal note, please be careful when giving the car to your dealer for service. Inspect your car fully, and if possible request a copy of the inspection sheet. Two cents. Good luck and keep us posted...
Old 10-10-2004, 09:50 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Intox1221
Although i should tell you on a personal note, please be careful when giving the car to your dealer for service. Inspect your car fully, and if possible request a copy of the inspection sheet.

hey Intox,

can you elaborate a little on that ? some bad experience ? not quite sure what would dealer do and why they whould want to do anything ? especially since it's a brand new car with warranty ?

p.s. i'm not not trying to be a wise ass, just curious what exactly you mean ..
Old 10-10-2004, 10:01 PM
registered !!

Well, check this out. It wasnt there, when i dropped the car, and noticed it after i picked it up from the dealer later during the day (it did not happen after i picked it up from the dealer either). I still need to resolve the issue with them. They can get very very snekay if they get a chance to. So be careful.

Old 10-11-2004, 12:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Cya

hey Intox,

can you elaborate a little on that ? some bad experience ? not quite sure what would dealer do and why they whould want to do anything ? especially since it's a brand new car with warranty ?

p.s. i'm not not trying to be a wise ass, just curious what exactly you mean ..
I make a habit of photographing all four sides of my car when I leave it with anyone: service, tint, clear bra, etc. I also photograph all four wheels as this is the most common form of damage I have heard reported here from people re: Service Depts. Our wheels are very exposed and easy to damage. The tires offer no protection.

I use a digital camera that records the day and time. Sometimes I even do this if I have to park in a parking lot inbetween other vehicles. I photo the cars next to me with their tags incase I come back and find a ding. If I don't need the photos (I haven't yet), I just erase them.

I shoot at a low angle using the light to best show the surface of the doors so you can see there are no dings. Use a high resolution incase you need to enlarge it.

I'm not shy about doing this infront of the service person. It puts them on notice that I am very particular about my car. I also take it in freshly washed and waxed to stress the point. Then, I make them write on the order DO NOT WASH. I will also tape a sign on the inside of the windshield next time as someone here told us his dealer ignored the instructions written on the order and washed his car anyway.
Old 10-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Instructor

thanks for advices, everyone ! i have a digital camera, so it shouldn't be a problem to snap some pics.
Old 10-11-2004, 02:32 PM
registered !!

XP, good info, i'll keep in mind the above mentioned.