Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Woooohoooo! I'm IN!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2005, 10:36 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Woooohoooo! I'm IN!

Oh yes baby! The car that I've been salivating over for the past year is finally MINE as of 4:00pm PT! Hahah!

I got it from Los Gatos Acura for $36,486.72 OTD including all-season floor mats, trunk tray, and wheel locks. I think this is a pretty good price considering the area (Bay Area, CA).

Its a 5AT w/ Navi.. AM w/ Ebony interior.. (Shh to the 6MT TL'ers.. I'm comfortable and more than completely satisfied with the car as an AT!

No rattles, nothing unusual to report...

Oh yeah, this is the first car I've ever bought and owned in my life, so you can imagine my elation.. Completely paid by myself too.. (well part of it is financed.. hehe).. Yaaay to me!

Ok, time to go! More details later! Hehe..
Old 03-26-2005, 10:47 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats!

Welcome to the cluib! Make sure that you join Team Anthracite.

After 1 month and 900 miles, I am ecstatic about driving the TL. I can't wait each day to find an excuse to take it somewhere. Need to mail a letter? I'll take it! Need half a gallon of milk at 11pm and I'm tired? No problem, I'll take the TL.

My minor complaints:
- They should do a better job of matching the A-Spec underbody spoilers to the car. My Anthracite is slightly off (underbody color is a little darker).
- Two intermittent, minor rattles, one covered by tech bulletin (sunroof wind deflector replacement) and one in the passenger door (can't narrow it down more than that yet). Both will be easily correctly at my first service visit

My compliments:
- Real well designed cockpit (instrument panel, navi, buttons, etc.)
- Excellent balance between family sedan and sports car
- HandsFree phone interface is perfect
- Comfortable seats
- More features than I'll ever use, but seem to keep the car always new and fresh

And I LOVE your color combo choice!!!
Old 03-26-2005, 11:01 PM
Racer

Congrats!

Enjoy the new ride. You set a pretty high bar for your first factory new ride!

The features of TL will keep you entertained well beyond the driving experience. I am still learning some of the features (some by accident, some by investigation). The manual is a start, but this forum has been a wonderful source of information and shared experiences.

I wouldn't fuss over what you paid versus others. Market conditions and regional variances will drive the price more than hammering a dealer for a few extra bucks off the purchase price. Bottom line, if you did your research and had expectations of a price range and you came within sight of that...then BE HAPPY! I know I'd rather pay a few extra bucks at a dealership that treated me well and made it a positive experience than one that ran me ragged to beat another offer.

With the TL becoming more popular (based on Acura's sales reports) there is obviously a demand that will drive pricing.

Enjoy the Honeymoon!
Old 03-27-2005, 12:31 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TLTrance
Oh yes baby! The car that I've been salivating over for the past year is finally MINE as of 4:00pm PT! Hahah!

Welcome Aboard!!! and As a new owner I would like to invite you to our group. Join us on April 16, 2005 for the Bay Area Group Meet....

Click the Link: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...45#post4002545
Old 03-27-2005, 03:20 AM
Advanced

I know that feeling!!!!
Congrats on the TL!!!
Even more, you got in on your own!!!!
Enjoy....I enjoy mine!!!
Old 03-27-2005, 10:44 AM
Advanced

Oh man, I know that feeling also. Had mine for two weeks. Look for reasons to drive it. The sound system doesn't get mentioned enough....couldn't be better if you were in the studio. Congradulations....
Old 03-28-2005, 05:36 PM
AVB for President!

Talking Oh YES..

Damn straight! *endless big ass smile*

I'm still trying to figure out some things about Keyless Memory Link or whatever its called (don't quite remember)..

One question I did have is: Is it possible to automatically set the mirror and seat settings (and anything else electronic I guess) so that depending on which keyfob unlocked or turned on the car (preferably the former, since that happens before the driver actually gets in), it will adjust accordingly?

I know that I can push the Seat button 1 or Seat button 2 to change the seat settings, but I heard (I could be wrong) that the mirrors, seats, and other things can be linked to the keyfob.. Is that true?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Racer

Along with seat postions and mirrors, the 05 models also remember stereo presets and last climate control settings in the Mem1 & Mem2.

Originally Posted by TLTrance
Damn straight! *endless big ass smile*

I'm still trying to figure out some things about Keyless Memory Link or whatever its called (don't quite remember)..

One question I did have is: Is it possible to automatically set the mirror and seat settings (and anything else electronic I guess) so that depending on which keyfob unlocked or turned on the car (preferably the former, since that happens before the driver actually gets in), it will adjust accordingly?

I know that I can push the Seat button 1 or Seat button 2 to change the seat settings, but I heard (I could be wrong) that the mirrors, seats, and other things can be linked to the keyfob.. Is that true?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:34 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
The driver's seat, outside mirrors, and air conditioning settings for both 2004 and 2005 models are linked to each keyfob. For 2005, the radio settings are also linked.

When the settings are done for each keyfob, they will be remembered. Then when keyfob 1 was last used, for example, and keyfob 2 is used next to unlock the doors, the settings will be changed to those set for keyfob 2. Next time keyfob 1 is used, back they go.

Just elaborating for clarity some of the things already said.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:57 PM
HEK
Team Nighthawk Mambo King

Congrats on you TL, I too couldn't wait to drive mine..but now the only regret is having to go to the pump more often than when I drove my RSX-S, since I'm finding that getting home the long way is much more fun.....
Old 03-28-2005, 09:07 PM
1st Gear

Hey who was your salesperson at Las Gatos???? My cousin works there and was wondering if you might have bought it from her? Sweet ride, your gonna enjoy it!
Old 03-29-2005, 10:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard! The TL is a sweet machine and a lot bang for the buck .... You'll find tons of info here as well as a lot of folks that share their experiences (good or bad) as well as their knowledge. Enjoy the drive.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:21 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a wondering feeling, alright. I still feel that urge to take a drive for no reason even 10 months after I got the car. It just feels so good and so right! Enjoy her man...you deserve it.

dsc888
Old 03-30-2005, 11:59 AM
AVB for President!

The salesperson that I bought it from was Jill Pryor. I wholeheartedly recommend her for ANYone that is even within 100 miles of Los Gatos, CA. Her professionalism, knowledge, courtesy, and class definitely was above and beyond what I could even optimistically ever expect.

She's been an Acura Gold level salesperson for several consecutive years running (4 or 6, I forget).. She's definitely earned it.

On the topic of seat/mirror/climate/audio settings, so if I set these after keyfob 1 was used to unlock the car, then all the settings will automatically be tagged to it? Or do I still have to program to Mem1 using the side memory buttons on the driver side door? I guess I'm a tiny bit confused as to the order and exact steps I should be taking to program each keyfob to the desired settings..

I guess I do really need to find time to RTFM.. hehe