Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield Snow Cover?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 AM
Full of water...

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Windshield Snow Cover?

Anyone using a windshield snow cover that they like? If so, where did you get it?

I have one, universal fit, and it is not universal. It only covers like 2/3 of the windshield top to bottom and I am really looking for something that is a better fit. Mine was suppose to have suction cups, but they suck, so i just tuck the sides inside the car and close the doors on them. Works good, but looking for something better. I have seen some with magnets but i dont trust that in the wind. Just looking for suggestions if anyone has purchased one recently. Thanks!
Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Full of water...

this one looks decent

http://www.autoanything.com/driving-...0A2127850.aspx
Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
hmm cool idea dont have to clean the car then but in that case your better off getting a car cover, No?
Old 01-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Full of water...

car covers are hard to secure, and there are risks of scratches due to elements getting stuck on the cover and getting pulled across paint during application, as well as when the wind whips and moves the cover around...plus, a good one is $$$$$. they are also cumbersome and in bad weather end up being a big wet heavy mess. i tried this on my last car, and not again. this is more for when i am at work and just dont want to spend tons of time cleaning off the front window.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:55 PM
Make it so

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
Thumbs up

This idea might be too ghetto for some people, but as a poor college student I have learned how to make do on a budget to keep the car looking good.

My dad taught me the trick when I got my first car to put a towel over the windshield the night before it got really cold (and therefore, I expected ice). If you park your car in the street, you come out, pull off the towel and voila- totally ice-free windshield. It's a timesaver especially here in northern Utah, because I hate waking up even a few minutes earlier for class just to scape off ice.

If you live in a windier area, though, you may have to weigh it down or tape it onto the car so it doesn't blow away.

I've found this method to be free (you always have too many towels, especially ugly ones you never want to use for yourself) and it works every time. It might be more ghetto than the professional cover, but it's better than spending $40 for a piece of cloth or plastic. Plus it makes you look clever
Old 01-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Full of water...

Originally Posted by DuoDSG
This idea might be too ghetto for some people, but as a poor college student I have learned how to make do on a budget to keep the car looking good.

My dad taught me the trick when I got my first car to put a towel over the windshield the night before it got really cold (and therefore, I expected ice). If you park your car in the street, you come out, pull off the towel and voila- totally ice-free windshield. It's a timesaver especially here in northern Utah, because I hate waking up even a few minutes earlier for class just to scape off ice.

If you live in a windier area, though, you may have to weigh it down or tape it onto the car so it doesn't blow away.

I've found this method to be free (you always have too many towels, especially ugly ones you never want to use for yourself) and it works every time. It might be more ghetto than the professional cover, but it's better than spending $40 for a piece of cloth or plastic. Plus it makes you look clever

haha, i like this. i actually took the plunge on the $40 one, but this might be a great idea for the rear window. thanks!