Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Window Tint in N VA

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 02:54 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Window Tint in N VA

Good day all. Still have the permagrin everytime I get into the car. It's almost a week old now and I feel like a new father. (No disrespect to my kids though). Driving at the speed limit is not too difficult as getting to my destination faster would mean less time in the car. ( I'd look foolish just sitting in my driveway in it)

The color is RRP / Camel and it's not hard for me to imagine how much better it would look with tinted windows. My questions are:

1. What is the legal limit for tinting windows in VA?

2. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Northern VA area? Or any shops to stay away from.

Last, What are the chances of finding someone who will come out to do the work as opposed to me having to take the car to them. Windshield replacement services do that but probably for the obvious reasons.

Thanx.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:08 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shalooby
Good day all. Still have the permagrin everytime I get into the car. It's almost a week old now and I feel like a new father. (No disrespect to my kids though). Driving at the speed limit is not too difficult as getting to my destination faster would mean less time in the car. ( I'd look foolish just sitting in my driveway in it)

The color is RRP / Camel and it's not hard for me to imagine how much better it would look with tinted windows. My questions are:

2. Can anyone recommend a shop in the Northern VA area? Or any shops to stay away from.

Last, What are the chances of finding someone who will come out to do the work as opposed to me having to take the car to them. Windshield replacement services do that but probably for the obvious reasons.

Thanx.
1. 35% Rear and 50% Front.... Remember that the number means how much light gets THROUGH so 35% is darker than 50%

2. Know a great installer in Woodbridge if you are willing to go that far.. only reason I did was because he came very highly recommended... and he was right y my office...

FYI.. I went 35% all around because i didnt want two different tints on my ride... cops have never been a problem though. Heres my rec. If you have the black interior, go 50% all around.... if you have the Parchment or Camel, go 35% all around... Dark interior makes the tint look darker i.e. attention from cops...
Old 09-20-2006, 03:09 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Shalooby

Thanx.
1. 35% Rear and 50% Front.... Remember that the number means how much light gets THROUGH so 35% is darker than 50%

2. Know a great installer in Woodbridge if you are willing to go that far.. only reason I did was because he came very highly recommended... and he was right y my office...

FYI.. I went 35% all around because i didnt want two different tints on my ride... cops have never been a problem though. Heres my rec. If you have the black interior, go 50% all around.... if you have the Parchment or Camel, go 35% all around... Dark interior makes the tint look darker i.e. attention from cops...

Check my sig for the DC meet.....

Old 09-20-2006, 05:14 PM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
LA Tint in Alexandria, ask for Archer.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:18 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow tint shop on lee hwy near rt 28

good job done. got 30 percent all around. paid about 220. you its funny i forget the name of the shop i think its elite or diamond tint. they do a lot of jobs for pohanka acura.
Old 09-20-2006, 10:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jmbnova

Check my sig for the DC meet.....

What's the name of the shop in Woodbridge? And how much did they charge you?
Old 09-20-2006, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Also, is it more expensive the darker the tint?

35% = $200.00

20% = $225.00

?? ??
Old 09-20-2006, 10:36 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
In addition to the questions Bootlegged raised, could you also let us know (1) do you have the Navi (I've read that it makes a difference in terms of what kind of tint is needed) and (2) if so, what kind of tint you got.

I've kicked around the idea on and off over the years. With the weather getting cooler it becomes less urgent, but on the other hand if I were to pull the trigger, it makes more sense to do it prior to next summer.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:55 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by jupitersolo
LA Tint in Alexandria, ask for Archer.
Thanks a lot.

Go Skins!!!