Sponsored by:

Window Tint Damage

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 10:00 PM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Window Tint Damage

Hello to all,

My wife and I just noticed the other day that the Tint on all four windows of our '04 TL are showing signs of damage. It appears to be caused by the ( forgive me for not using a better word) rollers or guides inside the doors. We are seeing lines or streaks as a result. These lines do not rub out, so we know it's not dirt or some other foreign matter. We picked up our car from the Dealer at the end of May. The dealer had the windows tinted for us by a very reputable Tinting company here in town, which was done several days before we picked up the car. Our theory is that either someone at the dealership rolled the windows down during the 3 day waiting period after the windows were tinted, OR there is some kind of defect with the Power Window mechanisms inside the doors ( guides or rollers out of tolerance?)

Your thoughts on this please....

Thanks

'04 TL 5AT Anthracite w/NAVI
Old 07-08-2004, 10:24 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is a common problem discussed several time on the forum. They need to install felt/moleskin on the inside window wipers. Get it to dealer/tinter and get it changed since they have a lifetime warranty. Ask them to install felt on the window wipers and show them what happened. Hope this helps.

Also, do search on moleskin or tint scratch and you'll find numerous threads.
Old 07-08-2004, 11:28 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by TL n Sin City
Hello to all,

My wife and I just noticed the other day that the Tint on all four windows of our '04 TL are showing signs of damage. It appears to be caused by the ( forgive me for not using a better word) rollers or guides inside the doors. We are seeing lines or streaks as a result. These lines do not rub out, so we know it's not dirt or some other foreign matter. We picked up our car from the Dealer at the end of May. The dealer had the windows tinted for us by a very reputable Tinting company here in town, which was done several days before we picked up the car. Our theory is that either someone at the dealership rolled the windows down during the 3 day waiting period after the windows were tinted, OR there is some kind of defect with the Power Window mechanisms inside the doors ( guides or rollers out of tolerance?)

Your thoughts on this please....

Thanks

'04 TL 5AT Anthracite w/NAVI

Do you know what kind of tints you have had on your car? Materials? Brand?

Thanks.
Old 07-09-2004, 10:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mole skin Kit

The inside blade that actually touches the window does not have any felt (mole skin) on it.

If any type of dirt gets between that plastic blade and your tinted window the tint will eventually scratch. It doesn't matter what type of tint you have. Over time, they all will scratch.

The mole skin I sell takes only an hour to install on all four windows.

You basically install the mole skin yourself on the inner blade to prevent any scratches to your tint.

The link to order is below and I now have pre-made kit's so your kit will ship out the next day via priority 2-3 day mail.