Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will be buying TL-S MT in NoVA

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 02:27 PM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Will be buying TL-S MT in NoVA

I expect I will be buying a TL-S MT in the Northern Virginia area within the next two weeks. What sort of prices are people getting here? At what dealer?

I have no problem travelling a bit if there are substantial savings to be had, but I'd really rather pick up the car myself (and inspect it) rather than having it driven who cares less than me.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Hey UncleFroggy. I was in your position a couple of weeks ago. Get internet price quotes from several dealers and you should be able to get in the mid $35's + any options and taxes. I ended up getting mine from Pohanka because I had built up a relationship with the guy there for several months.

Good luck
Old 05-02-2007, 03:15 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
As was said, get internet pricing from several dealers in the area, then see Mr. Mohommad as Radleys. Tell him MR West sent you. Take your lowest price with you and tell him what can you do for me.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:50 PM
Safety Car

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts
I got many quotes by internet from dealers in the DC area, VA and MD. Then dickered over email, and telephone. Ended up being a shootout between Radley and Pohanka, and Pohanka won. The Maryland dealers were a couple thousand above the VA dealers in my case, and did not seem that interested.

Do the deal towards the end of the month, like around the 25 or 27th. It seems to help motivate them.

Omar Omland ended up being a very decent salesman at Pohanka. Radley seemed almost as good, but in the end, the salesman at Pohanka worked harder getting me info I wanted.

Radley has free oil changes for life, so that may be something to consider. Both have free inspections. Both have awesome service hours, being open 7 days a week, including till 2 am. Pohanka seems to have an unlimited supply of loaner cars while Radley seems constrained, you make a service appointment based on loaner car availability.
Old 05-03-2007, 07:18 AM
Advanced

Although I live in Loudoun County, I went up to Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg. I got my TL-S for invoice from Alan Eden there the beginning of April. He was extremely professional to deal with and the service was great. A very good experience - everyone was extremely helpful.
Old 05-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Call Virginia Jones at Pohanka. I've bought well over 15 cars for myself, family and friends and from beginning to end, she provided the most professional and thorough sales experience that I've encountered thus far. Also, the price was definitely worth the time as everyone else here has chimed in. There not number one for nothing.

Originally Posted by unclefroggy
I expect I will be buying a TL-S MT in the Northern Virginia area within the next two weeks. What sort of prices are people getting here? At what dealer?

I have no problem travelling a bit if there are substantial savings to be had, but I'd really rather pick up the car myself (and inspect it) rather than having it driven who cares less than me.

Any advice is appreciated.
Old 05-03-2007, 09:19 AM
nnInn

Received 1,084 Likes on 646 Posts
You have Pohanka, Radley in Baileys Crossroad and Radley in Woodbridge, as well as 3 dealers right around the beltway in Maryland. I suggest starting at Pohanka because they're closest to you. If you don't like the deal, tell them you'll have to check out the others for a better price. If they know you're going to BUY, they'll try to get your business.
Old 05-03-2007, 01:13 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Anansi
Hey UncleFroggy. I was in your position a couple of weeks ago. Get internet price quotes from several dealers and you should be able to get in the mid $35's + any options and taxes. I ended up getting mine from Pohanka because I had built up a relationship with the guy there for several months.

Good luck

Thanks everyone for your help.

Just a quick question: When I email asking for quotes. do I have to give them a specific color/interior or is just the model sufficient? The reason I ask is that the color combo I want seems to be unusual and is only (as far as I can tell) at one dealer nearby. I'd rather get the quotes and then go to that dealer and get him to match. If I don't mention a color will they take my request for quote as less than a real potential sale?

Thanx again.
Old 05-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
It's been almost three years since I bought mine from Lincoln Tucker at Radley. I was very satisfied with the experience. Regarding your color question, he had a list of all the cars they had and that they were expecting soon as well as whether they were AT or MT. I originally wanted RRP with camel and I insisted on the 6MT. Radley was not expecting any that fit that description and he was going to look into an inventory swap with another dealer. Within a week, however a 6MT NBP with camel came in, so I bought that (I was without a car at the time after getting rear-ended).

If you can tell them that you know another local dealer has the car, they MIGHT be willing to deal, even with the nuisance of doing the inventory swap, since you're doing something for them by giving them the business.

I would be as specific as possible if you know what color you want. Don't leave room for them to try to push something else on you.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by unclefroggy
Thanks everyone for your help.

Just a quick question: When I email asking for quotes. do I have to give them a specific color/interior or is just the model sufficient? The reason I ask is that the color combo I want seems to be unusual and is only (as far as I can tell) at one dealer nearby. I'd rather get the quotes and then go to that dealer and get him to match. If I don't mention a color will they take my request for quote as less than a real potential sale?

Thanx again.
Some dealers may tell you that the colors are important (one told me that the color I wanted was in high demand so they couldn't sell it at the same cost as others) that was a load of BS. Bottom line is that they pay the same cost for any color so your cost shouldn't change. You could always get them to quote a more common color choice and then after they get to your price, tell them that you have changed your mind. Lord knows there is no crime in that (afterall my wife isn't in jail yet!) Worst case is that they don't have it in their own inventory, but they'll get it from another dealer if they want the business.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
i bought my TL's at radley acura ... best car buying experience i have ever had ... got my car for 80 dollars ... yes 80 dollars not 800 over invoice
Old 05-04-2007, 03:42 PM
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There is some danger with this approach is if you happen to want a rare combination (WDP and Ebony with a 6 speed) and you send this quote to several dealers when you get down to doing the deal at a particular dealer and they don't have the vehicle. When they try to do a dealer exchange (DX) for the vehicle in question and the other local dealer that may have the car in question and also received a request for such a particular vehicle, I've seen the dealer refuse to DX the vehicle knowing that if that customer wants the car bad enough they will come to them. Just something to think about.

Originally Posted by Anansi
Some dealers may tell you that the colors are important (one told me that the color I wanted was in high demand so they couldn't sell it at the same cost as others) that was a load of BS. Bottom line is that they pay the same cost for any color so your cost shouldn't change. You could always get them to quote a more common color choice and then after they get to your price, tell them that you have changed your mind. Lord knows there is no crime in that (afterall my wife isn't in jail yet!) Worst case is that they don't have it in their own inventory, but they'll get it from another dealer if they want the business.