3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why did you pick Acura-TL over Acura TSX?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 09:47 PM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No-brainer

In my case, it was a much more basic reason - the TSX wasn't available on the Honda Employee purchase program, and the TL was. Don't ask me why, I'm certainly not complaining in retrospect.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Type S personality

I have a 2002 Maxima now, with lease due in a couple months. I like the AV6 but too bad they don't have 6MT. I find the Accord coupe UGLY!!! Tested the TSX and liked it. The inside is not as nice as the TL, and the TL looks more aggressive. The TSX would have better fuel economy, and cost less.
I do like v6 power. The TL clutch I am not used to yet.

Will decide soon.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:49 PM
Racer

did we scare him off?

anwyho when i was shopping around for cars and went onto Acura.com for the first time in a while, i looked that the cars standing side by side without the features or price listed and said man that car (TSX) looks nice, but it must be more expensive then the other one (TL). But of course these were little pics on a small laptop screen with the res cranked up.

After upgrading to Tmobile and gettin my SE T-610, the features of the BT that i read about looked more apealing.

as i was in school, my parents test drove the TSX and fell in love with it. My dad didnt really care about the interior that much since he dosnt want a car that has a nicer interior then his 540. when i came back they kept on telling me that its so wonderful and everything. I thought i would give it a look in person

Well i went there, and i passed by a TL and i just got a chill down my back and kindve like those Maxima comercials where you touch it and your off driving. and then i saw the TSX which my parents were waving for me to come over. Hehe thats where the change was.

I did more research, had a bigger engine, had alot more features, but was way out of my price range.

Anywho I got into the TSX and we did a test drive on a driving permit, with my parents and the sales person in the car. A good way to simulate my friends in the car and stuff. well lol i went onto the on ramp and the sales person said that i dont have to be shy and give it some more gas, well i told him I was flooring it and he was silent the rest of the trip.

My uncle was interested in the TL so we went back and at this point i had only seen the outside. the minute i opened the door, i was so suprised at the difference of the interior.

well in the end my uncle didnt get the TL, and I got the grades to get it instead. After a test drive, the sales person said not to be shy, and then 5 seconds later my parents were screaming to slow down hehe >

if you have the extra cash laying around, or maybe if its another 30 minutes of your time to get the extra cash for the TL, do it, you wont be sorry you made the descision.
Old 08-10-2004, 07:17 AM
Instructor

The following reasons for me:

1. More legroom in the back and overall more spacious
2. Quiter on highway (V6 versus I4)
3. TL has sporty enough suspension for me but not as punishing on bumpy road
4. Nicer styling
5. Power
6. Sound!
7. Last but not least, when I was car shopping, there was a heated discussion on the TSX board about manual trannies blowing up. That scared me.

If I could not afford the TL, I would have gotten the TSX over Accord V6 (even if the Accord was way cheaper) because I could just not live with Accord's exterior styling - the rear ... what were they thinking? If I had no children and was younger, definitely the TSX
Old 08-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Racer

I wanted to like the TSX and did after driving it. However, I drove the TL afterwards and there was no comparision power wise. Plus the TL has a bigger interior, and more importantly, the seat memory. I am 6'4" and my wife is only 5'3".... seat memory is a must! Imagine my chagrin when I encountered the seat memory loss which plagued the early build TL's. Alas, the problem has been solved.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:17 PM
Not a Blowhole

Received 33 Likes on 13 Posts
Too small for a guy 6'1" and 205. I need room to breathe. I also have a large head.
Old 08-10-2004, 04:32 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Road Rage
Too small for a guy 6'1" and 205. I need room to breathe. I also have a large head.
Did you cross shop the G35? If so, did you feel cramped in it?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RhodeRunner
Did you cross shop the G35? If so, did you feel cramped in it?
I know the question is directed towards RoadRage but I figure I chime in since I did cross shop the G35. I got a longer test drive with the G because my GF owns the 2003 sedan. The torque on the G was very nice but the interior was too small for my taste. I am not a large person at 5'8" but was honestly appalled that there was barely any legroom in the rear after I found a comfortable seating position. But honestly, the G is classified as a compact while the TL is a midsize. The ability to stretch out and still have room to spare with 4 other passangers in the car made the choice and easy one...along with all the toys and better interior design.

dsc888
Old 08-11-2004, 03:08 AM
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When I was car shopping, I went to a dealership that had all the cars for me to compare. Since I've been driving an Accord for several years, I didn't really want to get another one. Not that it was a bad car, but it was time for a change. My main focus was on the TL because of it's larger rear seat legroom. The dealer also showed me the TSX. I sat inside and noticed a definite change in dash layout. Not as inspiring as the TL. The TL's gauges were a definite plus. Saw the back and didn't like the legroom. Since I was already there, I also spoke with another dealer that showed me the Accord EX V6. Yes, the exterior was not attractive. The rear legroom was similar to the TSX. So I hopped into the driver seat and was amazed that the layout was almost exact to the TSX. Radio controls, Navi, climate controls were almost exactly the same. The TL finally won me over, and I'm glad it did.