3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who makes A-SPEC shocks & struts for Acura?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2004, 12:31 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Who makes A-SPEC shocks & struts for Acura?

Spring Eibach
Brakes Brembro
Shocks ?

Does anyone think Acura has an agreement that prevents these companies from offering certain upgrades aftermarket.

I know Eibach has the springs, got them already. Dealer is installing 6MT Brake kit on my 5MT

But for the life of of me I cannot find the G-D damn shocks.

Anyone?
Beuller?
Beuller?
Anyone?

Ferris Beullers day Off forr all of who don't know. POINT IS NO ONE KNOWS
Old 01-09-2004, 12:43 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The same one that makes them for the 6 speed. As I've posted before, the a spec is an auto with the additional goodies of the 6 speed (brakes and suspension) and the whole aerodynamic package. If you want the parts just go to acura and tell them you want the 6 speed shocks and the rear sway bar. I'm sure they would be more than willing to rip you a new one. Or you could just buy a 6 speed and not have to pay any additional cash!
Old 01-09-2004, 12:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Who makes A-SPEC shocks & struts for Acura?

Originally posted by scelipt

Dealer is installing 6MT Brake kit on my 5MT
Did Rallye replace your old one by Brembo? Lots of works...

Or they just add A-Spec's Performance Brake Pad (red-color edge) into your 5AT brake calipers?

Thanks.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:14 PM
10th Gear

are you absolutely sure that Eibach is the manufacturer of the A-Spec springs? This would make sense given that they manufacture many springs for performance upgrades that big dealers sell as their own performance names. ie Ford Motorsport - uses Eibach. If so, would people still consider the comptech springs despite the fact that Acura has obviously done their research and product matching with the Eibach??
Just curious and looking for conformation on Acura A-spec springs being made by Eibach.
Old 01-09-2004, 01:19 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by car-man
are you absolutely sure that Eibach is the manufacturer of the A-Spec springs? This would make sense given that they manufacture many springs for performance upgrades that big dealers sell as their own performance names. ie Ford Motorsport - uses Eibach. If so, would people still consider the comptech springs despite the fact that Acura has obviously done their research and product matching with the Eibach??
Just curious and looking for conformation on Acura A-spec springs being made by Eibach.

You know their website already has 04 TL PRO-KIT info... who knows?
Old 01-09-2004, 02:03 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by vtechbrain
The same one that makes them for the 6 speed. As I've posted before, the a spec is an auto with the additional goodies of the 6 speed (brakes and suspension) and the whole aerodynamic package. If you want the parts just go to acura and tell them you want the 6 speed shocks and the rear sway bar. I'm sure they would be more than willing to rip you a new one. Or you could just buy a 6 speed and not have to pay any additional cash!
That would be interesting but the shocks on the 6 speed are the same as the ones on the 5MT confirmed by Acura themselves the springs are the only upgrade on the 6MT besides the brakes. And since they wont sell you anything seperatly anyway you make the call and see how far you get. And as far as ripping me a new one since I am buying everything possible not from Acura I doubt that will happen. Plus as some of you say it must be nice to have money to burn
Old 01-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by car-man
Eibach makes the springs for comptech so that is how I know. I have not got the brakes on my car yet but I am working on it. Could be a little tricky.
Old 01-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Racer

the current a-spec upgrade for 5200.00 is only for MT vehicles.

The AT A-spec kit thats supposed to come out will include brembo upgrade pads and rotors, but not the calipers from what i was told, and that kit will be 5999.99
Old 01-09-2004, 06:09 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by jimthegreek

The AT A-spec kit thats supposed to come out will include brembo upgrade pads and rotors, but not the calipers from what i was told, and that kit will be 5999.99

Are you sure it's Brembo upgrade pads, too? IMO, I thought they're only "performance upgrade pads"... I saw the red line with that pad, and it's smaller than Brembo siez...

Anyway, if it's Brembo, it could be better...
Old 01-09-2004, 08:42 PM
Instructor

Sounds like all these performance brake components are for the front only; any for the rear?
Old 01-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Instructor

My dealer is offering it to me for $6,000 Installed.... for the A-spec think that is a good price?
Old 01-09-2004, 11:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally posted by Jcxny
My dealer is offering it to me for $6,000 Installed.... for the A-spec think that is a good price?

Hey, I heard the same thing a month ago, $6k, including installation, where we are.

jshih57, pads could be for the front only. If no one replies, I'll check it out any way on Monday.

Update: I saw the front and the rear brakes all have the red-color-edges pads, so A-Spec seems to provide the performance pads for all four wheels.
Old 01-10-2004, 05:29 AM
Three Wheelin'

what are you talking about dude? it's for auto or manual cuz i have it along with a few more people on this site.
Old 01-10-2004, 09:24 AM
Racer

Originally posted by adam209
what are you talking about dude? it's for auto or manual cuz i have it along with a few more people on this site.
You have the A-Spec on a Auto 5speed??? With the steering wheel, suspension and all?? I highly doubt it..

I have the A-spec on mine as well.. I have the kit, steering, badge, but no suspension or brakes, because they are not available yet...
Old 01-10-2004, 04:22 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
Eibach makes the springs for comptech so that is how I know. I have not got the brakes on my car yet but I am working on it. Could be a little tricky.
I thought the Betts Spring Co. makes Comptech springs, not Eibach? This is the manufacturer's name on the Comptech springs I bought for my last TL. Unless it's changed.....
Old 01-12-2004, 05:16 PM
Advanced

Eibach makes the springs confirmed by comptech. Doesn't really help thou b/c I NEED TO KNOW WHO MAKES THE SHOCKS AND STRUTS
Old 01-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Advanced

You have the A-Spec on a Auto 5speed??? With the steering wheel, suspension and all?? I highly doubt it..

I have the A-spec on mine as well.. I have the kit, steering, badge, but no suspension or brakes, because they are not available yet...

Jim this stuff has been avail for a while I have seen it with my own eyes on the dealer floor shocks and all. My q is what is up with you getting parts like the steering wheel sep. My impression of the whole thing was that you couldn't get stuff seperate
Old 01-12-2004, 07:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

My impression of the whole thing was that you couldn't get stuff seperate
Did someone ever say ppl can get A-Spec components if they can use real A-Spec owner's ID to make orders? That's the only way to order your replacement...

I cannot believe dealers won't be able to order them separately. If my A-Spec Steering Wheel is broken, cannot I get my replaced part?

There should be some ways to make an order by either the A-Spec registered owners or dealers.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:00 PM
'06 750Li Sapphire/Creme

Scelipt - I think Jimmy has some type of relationship with an Acura dealer. May have used a VIN # off an A-Spec pacakge that was there to order the wheel. I'm also curious about the price of the wheel but doubt I would "invest" in it. Jimmy's ride is definitely a nice customized ride and it seems that he gets everything for free. Maybe he owns the dealership? Either way, he's a nice asset for these forums. Always has good info...
Old 01-12-2004, 11:10 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Don't know what you talked about. But I did see 5AT A-Spec in the dealer three weeks ago. The steering wheel, and performance upgrade pads, badge, and whatever belongs to A-Spec.

We all agree no Brembo...