Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Led Blinkers

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2006, 05:13 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb White Led Blinkers

does any1 kno how to make your blinkers slower when u have white LED's????
im changing them.......i cant take that amber blinker ----- but at the same time.....i hate that LED's blink 2 times as fast =(

can some1 help me out here......i think i found a post somwhere about it and it wasn't to specific on the instructions......so if someone either knows how to do it or knows where the thread is, id really appreciate it......THANK U - lorenzo
Old 08-01-2006, 06:45 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Load Resistors.

http://frickinbrite.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id=113
Old 08-02-2006, 10:14 AM
Tri State ViP Crew

sweeeeeeeeet...thanks
Old 08-02-2006, 10:47 AM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the resistors get very hot, so be careful where/how you mount them.

btw, where are some pics of your setup and newly cleared light
Old 08-02-2006, 01:30 PM
Advanced

you can also changer your flasher to an LED flasher
Old 08-02-2006, 01:36 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

Originally Posted by AcuraGreek
you can also changer your flasher to an LED flasher

Didn't know they had these. Would they be compatible with regular filament bulbs if you didn't change them all over?
Old 08-02-2006, 03:12 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Originally Posted by ding069
the resistors get very hot, so be careful where/how you mount them.

btw, where are some pics of your setup and newly cleared light
i had to cancel my appointment for my clear lights last week and now its on for friday.......im dying over here - i want them done already.......ill post up my pixxx on MONDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if all goes well

soo......wheres the best place to mount the resistors & is it really hard to put in?!?!?! --- im gonna def want that done
Old 08-02-2006, 03:33 PM
acura-cl.com OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LoReNzZz
i had to cancel my appointment for my clear lights last week and now its on for friday.......im dying over here - i want them done already.......ill post up my pixxx on MONDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if all goes well

soo......wheres the best place to mount the resistors & is it really hard to put in?!?!?! --- im gonna def want that done
i don't have them on the TL, but i have used them in the past. they connect with either splice connectors or t-taps, very easy. you can either 3m tape them to some metal part of the frame, screw them in or use zipties through the mounting holes. i have alwyas used zip ties as they are the easiest and most reversable.

when i blacked/cleared mine, i went with a chome/amber bulb, instead of led. not a fan of the led look when they are not illuminated,
Old 08-03-2006, 12:31 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Originally Posted by ding069
i don't have them on the TL, but i have used them in the past. they connect with either splice connectors or t-taps, very easy. you can either 3m tape them to some metal part of the frame, screw them in or use zipties through the mounting holes. i have alwyas used zip ties as they are the easiest and most reversable.

when i blacked/cleared mine, i went with a chome/amber bulb, instead of led. not a fan of the led look when they are not illuminated,
a chome amber bulb?!?!?!? does it light up white and blink amber?!?!?!
ive never heard of that - whats that about
Old 08-03-2006, 12:40 PM
05WDP Midlife crisis

The bulb you are looking for is chrome in appearance. It doubles as a parking light as well, so it is a dual filament bulb, both light amber.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PILXC7443A
Old 08-03-2006, 12:49 PM
B A N N E D

Just go with an LED and resistor, best stuff probably. Another question for my curiousoty, HOW DO U SEE XENON WHITE in the day time when ur doing ur turn signal, i havent done mine yet but I talked to someone on Acurazine thats going to do mine for me and he used it and he says it looks great but wouldnt u not be able to see it in the day time?
Old 08-03-2006, 01:01 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

Originally Posted by holybear
Just go with an LED and resistor, best stuff probably. Another question for my curiousoty, HOW DO U SEE XENON WHITE in the day time when ur doing ur turn signal, i havent done mine yet but I talked to someone on Acurazine thats going to do mine for me and he used it and he says it looks great but wouldnt u not be able to see it in the day time?

Look at it this way......every1 behind u will still see your turning signal obviously right......and if your in turning lane, why would u worry.......its not light out all day.....im sure most of the day people can see your led blinkers....if i can see other cars with halogen blinkers during the day, im sure people will see my white blinkers...especially at night --- now for the cops.....there never around all of the time, but if i have to go straight because a cop is coming my way....lol - i will

im just really going for the look....when im not signaling and my head lights are just on, it will be all white and that just looks better to me and im changing my fog lights to HID bulbs
Old 08-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by LoReNzZz
Look at it this way......every1 behind u will still see your turning signal obviously right......and if your in turning lane, why would u worry.......its not light out all day.....im sure most of the day people can see your led blinkers....if i can see other cars with halogen blinkers during the day, im sure people will see my white blinkers...especially at night --- now for the cops.....there never around all of the time, but if i have to go straight because a cop is coming my way....lol - i will

im just really going for the look....when im not signaling and my head lights are just on, it will be all white and that just looks better to me and im changing my fog lights to HID bulbs
Hey where in NY are you? I want to get my lights done also.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:36 PM
B A N N E D

your getting HID Bulbs for your foglights? where are you getting them man? let me know , i really want to know what product to buy bro, PLEASE.
Old 08-03-2006, 02:56 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

your getting HID Bulbs for your foglights? where are you getting them man? let me know , i really want to know what product to buy bro, PLEASE.

Your in chicago man.....sorry.....my guys is here in Brooklyn for the fog light HID conversion - he knows everything about it
Old 08-03-2006, 03:30 PM
B A N N E D

well.. i am willing to order the product and ahve them put in just let me know all the info on the product lorenzzz, I already am putting in an aftermarket turn signal light.. and i wanted a xenon HID foglight also. Please get backd to me on the product, get in contact with them and hookup the name of the product and where I can order it, if i have to i can possibly order it from them. Thanks alot.
Old 08-03-2006, 06:00 PM
Tri State ViP Crew

well.. i am willing to order the product and ahve them put in just let me know all the info on the product lorenzzz, I already am putting in an aftermarket turn signal light.. and i wanted a xenon HID foglight also. Please get backd to me on the product, get in contact with them and hookup the name of the product and where I can order it, if i have to i can possibly order it from them. Thanks alot.

i sent u the link in a private message.....that should help u out!!