Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where are TL deals in Texas????

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2004, 04:59 PM
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where are TL deals in Texas????

I need some help trying to find a deal on an Anthracite/Quartz 5A nav TL. All the dealers mentioned on this forum that have given deals on TL's laugh at me when I mention the prices that you have paid for TLs with nav. One dealership wanted to charge an extra $500 for the Anthracite color because it is so hot. Are you guys ordering the car+ or are they on dealer lots? Would appreciate any thoughts you might have......
Old 06-05-2004, 05:58 PM
Team Anthracite Member

You tried Sterling Acura? James Hicks is the man to talk to, tell him Brian in San Antonio told you to see him. I bought Anthracite/Ebony/5AT/Navi from him.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:23 PM
IVY LEAGUE

good luck ...i bought my acura from sterling and put 14k down cash and they still wouldnt budge...but ill know better next time when i buy the new lexus gs400 cash.
Old 06-05-2004, 06:54 PM
Racer

Try Charlie Thomas (Champion) Acura, I heard that is where most people are getting good deals from
Old 06-05-2004, 07:59 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Gillman in Houston

Had a great experience at Gillman in North Houston. Talk to Rosemarie Diaz with internet sales. Tell her Ms. Patel sent you and she'll laugh! A good laugh, though.
Old 06-05-2004, 09:01 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 370 Likes on 209 Posts
Originally Posted by Getmoney1
good luck ...i bought my acura from sterling and put 14k down cash and they still wouldnt budge...but ill know better next time when i buy the new lexus gs400 cash.
They could care less how much money you put down. The dealer get's their money no matter how you finance or pay for it. In fact, they make more money if you finance it from them, and may cut you a little better deal on the car if you do.

BTW, has it occured to ya'll that not eveyone is honest about the deals they are getting? I see this a lot on other forums. Either that, or they think they are getting hot deals, but are getting screwed on their trade, "fees" or other methods. I just don't believe everything I read.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:18 PM
Pro

i bought mine from gillman acura for 35900 drive out last week with free life time oil change and clear matts. Later i found out that i could have gotten it for 35,500 if i was a lil but more hardheaded. shoot me a Pm if you want me to help you out on that price if you like it.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:32 PM
3rd Gear

Vandergriff was dealing three weeks ago

Honestly: Vandergriff Acura in Arlington (DFW area) was offering $1300 off MSRP for NAVI and $1500 off MSRP without NAVI. They gave me an excellent trade-in offer without seeing my vehicle. We negotiated the entire thing over the phone and were very satisfied with the transaction. Upon seeing my trade, they increased their offer by $400! We dealt with Juan Medina.
Old 06-05-2004, 11:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bigvonayz
I need some help trying to find a deal on an Anthracite/Quartz 5A nav TL. All the dealers mentioned on this forum that have given deals on TL's laugh at me when I mention the prices that you have paid for TLs with nav. One dealership wanted to charge an extra $500 for the Anthracite color because it is so hot. Are you guys ordering the car+ or are they on dealer lots? Would appreciate any thoughts you might have......
I would recommend Gunn Acura in San Antonio, Texas. They gave me the lowest price at the time (back in Feb) for a TL. I contacted all the dealers around south texas, and the best price I got was there. $31,800 non-nav, 33,800 with nav. I might still have the email of the quoted price I got. My friend just bought his TL for 31,800. He got a good deal. It's a non-negotible dealership, they get paid salary as well so its a easy enviroment.
Old 06-06-2004, 02:33 AM
Pro

What I did was negotiate with Vandergriff Acura in Dallas... they offered 1600 off, but it was 6mt WITHOUT nav....

Gillman matched the offer, but said not to tell people as they did not want to offer this price to other. If you can not get a cheaper deal somewhere else they will not come down much here in Houston. My best previous to the match offer was $500 off.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:00 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Formula 350
Gillman matched the offer, but said not to tell people as they did not want to offer this price to other.
I guess now people know.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:04 PM
Advanced

I too like Gunn in San Antonio...haven't bought from them in a while ... usually they have very good prices on the car ....but they do get you on the extras.
Old 06-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Originally Posted by AggieTL
I too like Gunn in San Antonio...haven't bought from them in a while ... usually they have very good prices on the car ....but they do get you on the extras.
I went to Gunn first because we'd bought my wife's RSX-S from them when they first came out.

Gunn wouldn't budge on the price of the car or accessories. So I went to Austin and for less than what they were offering me the car I got the decklid spoiler, tint, and mud guards included.

Plus Gunn's service dept is highway robbery! Took my wife's RSX-S for it's 20k service and they wanted to do a bunch of extra and unnecessary things for $320 so I took it to Sterling in Austin where I'd bought my TL and they did the service according to the manual for $90.

Also Sterling is a new facility and they'll give you a loaner car even if you're just getting an oil change. They have free Starbucks coffee and water.

Gunn also took 3 wks to give me my "refundable" deposit that I'd put on a TL with them before I started shopping around.

Just my experience.
Old 06-06-2004, 08:27 PM
Advanced

sorry you've had such a bad experience with gunn.....mine have been VERY good. I just got my 2000 TL back from the body shop (10K worth of damage from an accident), and when I got it noticed a few things still wrong (nothing major, just radio codes, light bulbs out in the blinkers, ash tray adjustment, etc)...took it into Gunn at about 5:30pm, and within about 30 minutes they fixed everything, and didnt charge me a cent....I've bought 3 other acuras from them in the past, and they treat me very well....for this I'll continue doing business with them.
Old 06-06-2004, 09:53 PM
5th Gear

tried Charlie Thomas (Champion), internet guy is a joke. He was the one that wanted $500 more for Anthracite. James Hicks at Sterling in Austin said he could only give a deal on cars on the lot. He wanted more for the ordering an Anthracite. Said price would be different for his cost structure whatever that means.... I will give these guys a second try and see if I can get something worked out. Thanks for all the info.
Old 06-06-2004, 10:07 PM
Pro

Hey man dont let them throw you some B.S. about ordering a Car cost more. The dealer pays the same price for a car sitting on his lot or if he has to order you one. The main reason that you can usually get a better price on a car on the lot is the dealer needs to move that car since he is paying for it. The sooner its off his books the more he will make on it. Just figure out what you want to spend go there or call someone and tell him this is what im going to spend do you want to sell a car or not. If he says he cant do that call someone else.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:07 PM
2004 TL 5AT Desert Mist

Originally Posted by jjsC5
BTW, has it occured to ya'll that not eveyone is honest about the deals they are getting? I see this a lot on other forums. Either that, or they think they are getting hot deals, but are getting screwed on their trade, "fees" or other methods. I just don't believe everything I read.
^^^I agree^^^

I got my TL for $27,500 plus the dealer gave me $2,000 in accessories and free oil changes for as long as I own the car. And he is going to come to my house once a week and mow my lawn.