Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get windows tinted in Columbus

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2004, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to get windows tinted in Columbus

Just wondering if there are any good window tinting expereinces in central Ohio...

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2004, 06:00 AM
04TL/SSM/Quartz/AT/Navi

Sorry I can't help -- haven't tinted my windows and don't plan to. If I hear of anything, I'll let you know.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:23 AM
Instructor

Thanks for responding.
Old 10-18-2004, 10:34 AM
9th Gear

Hey Guys..

I will be getting my TL within the month and I will also be looking for a place to tint my windows.

Did you take delivery at Acura of Dublin? I heard that they work with a little place near them for all their tinting and "clear bra" type options.

I will be taking delivery of mine at that Dealer and when I get more info about the company who they go through for the tinting I wil post it.

Also, I understand that their is a 50% limit here in Ohio? I am new to tinting scene and have never really seen what 50% looks like. Do any of you happen to know of anyone in Ohio who has pics of 50% tint? just curious as to how much (little..) tint that really is.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 10-18-2004, 11:41 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by yimmy19
Hey Guys..

I will be getting my TL within the month and I will also be looking for a place to tint my windows.

Did you take delivery at Acura of Dublin? I heard that they work with a little place near them for all their tinting and "clear bra" type options.

I will be taking delivery of mine at that Dealer and when I get more info about the company who they go through for the tinting I wil post it.

Also, I understand that their is a 50% limit here in Ohio? I am new to tinting scene and have never really seen what 50% looks like. Do any of you happen to know of anyone in Ohio who has pics of 50% tint? just curious as to how much (little..) tint that really is.

Thanks,
Dave
I actually took delivery at Acura of Cleveland because neither of the local dealers would touch the price when I ordered it last month. I'll get it serviced at Lindsay Acura.

The tint law in Ohio changed this year. It's 50% for the front windows, and as dark as you want for the windows behind the driver. I'll probably do 50%/35%.

It's not a good picture, but I got 50% tint on my previous car. http://qwalls.net/vehicles.html It's the '99 Lexus LS400. You can compare it to my Dad's car in the picture under it, same location and angle, no tint. I used Quality Window Tint off of Morse Road, but that was a couple years ago. They did a good job, so if no one posts anyplace better, I'll probably use them again.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:17 PM
Intermediate

Ahh.. great thanks.

Wow... 50% doesn't look that dark.

Oh well.. it's better than no tint. Anyway, that law doesn't help me since I don't like the look of diff tint on front and rear windows..

Maybe i will try and do like 40-45%. See if I get caught. hehe.. I don;t know ANYTHING about tint so if that statement sounds ignorant, then I apologize.

Anyway, Thanks for the info. I will check into Quality Window Tint since i live near Morse road.

Thanks,

EDIT: Oh yeah.. how do you like Black on Black? I have that on my 2003TLs and it is the second option to the Quartz interior in the new 2005. I have had no problems with it in my 2003 but I am kinda feeling the two-tone look with colors other than black. Reminds me of my friends 328i.
Old 10-18-2004, 01:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Cheetah19
Ahh.. great thanks.

Wow... 50% doesn't look that dark.

Oh well.. it's better than no tint. Anyway, that law doesn't help me since I don't like the look of diff tint on front and rear windows..

Maybe i will try and do like 40-45%. See if I get caught. hehe.. I don;t know ANYTHING about tint so if that statement sounds ignorant, then I apologize.

Anyway, Thanks for the info. I will check into Quality Window Tint since i live near Morse road.

Thanks,

EDIT: Oh yeah.. how do you like Black on Black? I have that on my 2003TLs and it is the second option to the Quartz interior in the new 2005. I have had no problems with it in my 2003 but I am kinda feeling the two-tone look with colors other than black. Reminds me of my friends 328i.
No problem.

50% tint isn't that dark, but it does make a difference from a heat perspective, and it helps a little on the looks. You can probably get away with 35% tint if you have a light colored interior, but you're on your own if you get stopped. :-)

I think black on black is the color combo of choice. This is my 4th black vehicle, but the first with a black leather interior. Ask me again when it gets hot. It's what I wanted when I bought my Lexus, but I couldn't find one used. Of course I found one a week after I bought mine, but it had 20k more miles... Anyway, it doesn't matter what I think or what anyone else thinks, buy and drive what you like.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:24 PM
Instructor

Better picture of 50% tint

Here is a better example. This is metallic tint which you don't want to use on the TL if you have Navi.

SInce getting the TL, the only thing I miss about the Lexus is the low end torque.
Old 10-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got a hookup for you guys 120 for tinted windows. The guy has worked at ziebart for 10 years and he does it on the side. He has done my 98 accord 99 tl 02 Tls 98 Gs 04 tsx. He does an awesome job. Everyone else in columbus is about 180 to 200
Old 10-18-2004, 07:28 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whoops if you guys want his info email me and I will get it for you acnup00tl@aol.com
Old 10-20-2004, 10:00 PM
4th Gear

I just got mine done today. I went to Quality Window on Morse and I am very happy. I got 30% high performance (metallic). I have a tan interior and went a little darker. If you go with the high performance, your next choice is 38%. With a black interior, that may be a better choice. When you talk to them, ask for a discount. I did and got an extra 10% off. "Faggot fifty" is way too light, and as long as it's not obvious, most laws will leave you alone.
Old 10-20-2004, 10:38 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sloopy
I just got mine done today. I went to Quality Window on Morse and I am very happy. I got 30% high performance (metallic). I have a tan interior and went a little darker. If you go with the high performance, your next choice is 38%. With a black interior, that may be a better choice. When you talk to them, ask for a discount. I did and got an extra 10% off. "Faggot fifty" is way too light, and as long as it's not obvious, most laws will leave you alone.
Sloopy: Do you have Navi? I heard that you are not supposed to get metallic tint if you do. is that true?

Where in columbus are you located? I've seen a couple Tl's in the Easton area, SSM and Antracite. Either of them yours?

Edit: Sloopy.. post some pics. i am interested in seeing 35%.
Old 10-21-2004, 05:50 PM
4th Gear

I live in Dublin. I have 30% on mine...pics will come if we ever get sun. I do not have navi, Nextel does that for me! My best suggestion is to go with what you like. Do a search for pics with tint... that is what I did to compare.
Old 10-21-2004, 09:28 PM
Intermediate

I got my RX-7 tinted at Quality Window Tint on Morse Road. The place is kind of ghetto, but they do a really good job. One thing to note about tint: if you have a dark (black or grey) interior, the tint will look darker. So you would probably want to stay legal with a 50/35 split front/rear windows. My friend has that on his black/black TL and it looks really good. If you have a lighter color interior (either of the tans), then you could probably do 35 all the way around and never have a problem. Also, Cheetah is correct in saying that you cannot get the metallic tint with the Navi version. I believe the Navi receiver is under the rear parcel shelf (the antenna on top of the car is for the XM only) Using a metallic tint will disrupt the satellite signal.

And finally, I will *NEVER* take my car back to Acura of Columbus ever again. They are, quite possibly, the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. I just had my A1 service performed at Mathews Acura in Marion. It is a little out of the way (about 10 minutes further than Acura of Columbus for me), but their courtesy and respect and timeliness were well worth the extra drive. Plus, they let me test drive a 2005 RL while I was waiting
Old 10-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by large_x7
I got my RX-7 tinted at Quality Window Tint on Morse Road. The place is kind of ghetto, but they do a really good job. One thing to note about tint: if you have a dark (black or grey) interior, the tint will look darker. So you would probably want to stay legal with a 50/35 split front/rear windows. My friend has that on his black/black TL and it looks really good. If you have a lighter color interior (either of the tans), then you could probably do 35 all the way around and never have a problem. Also, Cheetah is correct in saying that you cannot get the metallic tint with the Navi version. I believe the Navi receiver is under the rear parcel shelf (the antenna on top of the car is for the XM only) Using a metallic tint will disrupt the satellite signal.

And finally, I will *NEVER* take my car back to Acura of Columbus ever again. They are, quite possibly, the worst dealership I have ever dealt with. I just had my A1 service performed at Mathews Acura in Marion. It is a little out of the way (about 10 minutes further than Acura of Columbus for me), but their courtesy and respect and timeliness were well worth the extra drive. Plus, they let me test drive a 2005 RL while I was waiting
I made an appointment at Quality Window Tint for 10:00 on Monday. They did a good job for me a couple years ago, and it sounds like they still do good work. I just wish they carried the ceramic film. He said they were getting a lot of TLs and had another one at 11:00 Monday. Anyone here? I plan to do 50/35 since my interior is ebony. They quoted $169 over the phone. I may check out the $120 guy for my winter car, but it doesn't make sense to give up the warranty for $50 on the TL.

Acura of Columbus doesn't seem to have a very good reputation. People seem to like Lindsay a lot better.

What did you think of the RL?
Old 10-23-2004, 07:38 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Originally Posted by qwalls
Acura of Columbus doesn't seem to have a very good reputation. People seem to like Lindsay a lot better.
I got my car at Lindsay and I thought the service was awesome. THey had all the paperwork filled out when I got there and I just had to read, refuse the "credit life" deal and sign. I haven't gotten any service work done there but I did buy a set of mudguards from them and the parts guy had someone drop them off at my office about an hour after I ordered them.
Old 10-23-2004, 12:26 PM
Intermediate

The RL was smooooooooooooth. We didn't get a chance to test all the features since it was late, and the most I pushed the car was making a right into traffic (there are no windy roads in Marion, Ohio!). But my initial impression is that it is a TL, but for a slightly older crowd.
Key Points:

The suspension is a bit softer, although with the SH-AWD, I'm pretty sure the RL will out-handle the TL on a road course.
It doesn't feel as quick, which probably has something to do with the extra 600(?)lbs the RL has.
The exhaust note is awesome. The RL reroutes the exhaust during heavy acceleration for improved performance but it just sounds phenomenal as well.
The stereo is definitely less punchy and more "flat;" probably tuned for an older audience, but its still one of the better Blose systems that I've heard.
It isn't noticeably quieter than the TL. I figured it would be, since it has active noise cancellation.

The dealer was impressed that I knew how to work the car better than he did. Even thought it was dark, the steering wheel buttons are the same layout as the TL, so I could work all the voice commands. It was like I was giving him a tour of the car! The only thing that worries me, is, are people really going to pay $50k for this car? I honestly think I would rather have an E-class or a 5-series. And the new GS-series comes out next year. So hopefully the RL will be competitive.
Old 10-25-2004, 01:10 PM
Instructor

Windows tinted

Well, I just got back from Quality Window Tint. 50% for the two front windows, and 35% for everything else. The angle really determines how dark it looks. They did a great job except for not going all the way to the edge on the small back windows like I've seen on some other pictures here. Anyway, here it is.

Also, I stopped by Lindsay Acura on the way home to look at the RL. I'll start by saying I knew I would own a TL the first time I saw one. The RL is a nice car, but the appearance didn't move me at all. I felt nothing. Just my opinion. Back in July when I told one of my best friends that I'd sold my '99 Lexus, he knew I was going to buy a TL from "the way you looked at it when we were at the car show". The TL is just an awesome car. I'm sure the RL is too, but it's aimed at a different demographic.