Old 11-19-2003, 07:42 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where do I get a Bra?...

...for my 04 TL ??
Old 11-19-2003, 08:58 PM
Team SSM

http://www.clearbra.net or http://www.acuraparts247.com/sunnysi...Full+Nose+Mask
Old 11-19-2003, 10:39 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
Has anybody installed a clear bra yet? I've been thinking about doing this on my front, hood, and sideview mirrors maybe.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:44 PM
Mav
Team Nighthawk Spokesman

04 TL goodies <----Click it
Old 11-19-2003, 10:47 PM
Chief TL Aviator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Looks like this only available in the Midwest ...
Any suggestions for us folks in the South?
Old 11-20-2003, 12:06 AM
Team SSM

Originally posted by Rocketsfan
Has anybody installed a clear bra yet? I've been thinking about doing this on my front, hood, and sideview mirrors maybe.

HacksawHilliard is the only one I've seen. Hopefully he'll see this and give us some input...
Old 11-20-2003, 01:08 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by RavenHwk
Looks like this only available in the Midwest ...
Any suggestions for us folks in the South?
check ebay for 04tl parts, pretty cheap.

on a side note, u don't want to put a regular bra on your car b/c rock chips get under the car and makes it even worse.
Old 11-20-2003, 01:34 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by copter
HacksawHilliard is the only one I've seen. Hopefully he'll see this and give us some input...
It's the only way to protect the front of your car as far as I'm concerned. Sure it's more expensive than the regular bras but you don't have to put it on and take it off. It stays on the car permanently (it can be taken off). It will allow the paint underneath to UV age like the rest of the car, yet the material is UV resistant. The stuff I have on mine is guaranteed for 6 years. Most will only guarantee for 2 years. 3M has a product but I consider it inferior; it's way too thin.

I got mine from ClearBra of Oregon. But don't let the name fool you. They used to get their material from ClearBra in Utah. But apparently, the ClearBra franchise is only trademark protected in Utah. So they went with another supplier that has a better product.

Vendors of this type of product will usually have booths at auto shows and Home and Garden Shows. Don't forget the RV shows too.

One final note; if you're going to have one installed, don't forget the rear lip on the rear bumper underneath the trunk lid. It'll protect that area when loading and unloading the trunk.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:44 PM
Advanced

I just ordered the regular bra since no one in Atlanta does this type of work.
Old 11-20-2003, 03:54 PM
Drifting

Received 218 Likes on 174 Posts
Word of caution...for those with the "regular" bra, particularly owners of dark colored cars, they can leave very fine scratches on the painted surface from the impossible to remove grit and grime that can get under it. Just be careful installing and removing it if you decide to go that route. In addition, they shouldn't be left on in the rain, drying on the can may cause the paint to "fog".
Old 11-20-2003, 03:57 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by Treblig
Word of caution...for those with the "regular" bra, particularly owners of dark colored cars, they can leave very fine scratches on the painted surface from the impossible to remove grit and grime that can get under it. Just be careful installing and removing it if you decide to go that route. In addition, they shouldn't be left on in the rain, drying on the can may cause the paint to "fog".
Yep. Good tip....I only use these bras on long highway trips and then remove them. It's what I've done on several other cars and it seems to work. No issues yet w/the paint on my end.

Zaino helps too.
Old 11-20-2003, 05:52 PM
Drifting

Received 536 Likes on 302 Posts
HacksawHilliard, could you post pics of your clear bra? How easy is it to notice?
Old 11-20-2003, 06:58 PM
Racer

Originally posted by Rocketsfan
HacksawHilliard, could you post pics of your clear bra? How easy is it to notice?
I tried taking pics of it once but you could not see it. I need a bright clear day to do it right. Lord knows when that will happen around here. I think they're forecasting the sun to come out in a couple of days so we'll see.
Old 11-21-2003, 06:56 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Invinca-shield does have people who can do it here in atlanta.. I'm trying to find the email, as soon as I can I'll send the information.
Old 11-21-2003, 11:05 AM
Instructor

My wife gets her bras at Macy's.

I bought the "Acura" bra from my Acura dealer then returned it. The picture they show in the accessory book is not what I got. The picture shows the bra wrapping around the fender. But, the one in the box was different. There were these little tabs that are supposed to go between the fender and the bumper. This was bad because the bra would cause separation of that gap that was unacceptable. The design is terrible, so I am waiting for an aftermarket bra to become available.
Old 11-21-2003, 12:16 PM
Instructor

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Here's a couple of pixs from my DMM/5AT/Navi. Car is kinda dirty, but think that helps identify the clear bra. When clean, it is nearly invisible.
I swear by these..had on my MDXs and a Saab. Cost about $175 or so in the Denver area, but they're pretty common here. I've heard stories of some pretty outrageous prices elsewhere.
After some though, ended up covering the chrome at the hood's leading edge. Really turned out great there..also nearly invisible. My guess is that chrome will end up taking a beating with rock chips, so glad I got that protected. Back of mirrors are covered too.
http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4288529133
Old 11-21-2003, 12:47 PM
10th Gear

For those in Southern California. Has anyone tried this company?

http://www.envisagelab.com

I'm wondering how they compare to ClearBra, since they seem to be the only company in SoCal.
Old 11-21-2003, 01:36 PM
Racer

Originally posted by flouie
For those in Southern California. Has anyone tried this company?

http://www.envisagelab.com

I'm wondering how they compare to ClearBra, since they seem to be the only company in SoCal.
You'll notice on their website they use the 3M material. It's way too thin. Also notice that the warranty is only two years. Their 60 day return policy says "for a refund", not a full refund. I would find someone else. I'd be extremely surprised if they were the only ones in SoCA to sell clearbras. Try going to the LA Auto Show; I know they'll have vendor booths there.
Old 12-15-2003, 02:51 PM
Instructor

I need definitive advice on a "regular" bra so I can get the part before my first road trip home for Christmas.

I've heard a couple of comments that use of a bra could lead to scratched paint or faded paint. I only intend to use this for highway trips, so fading shouldn't be a problem.

If I clay/Zaino immediately before putting it on and wash it after using it, I'd think the odds of scratches from using a bra would be less than odds of scratches from sand/gravel kicked up from the highway. Any thoughts??

Thanks!
Old 12-15-2003, 02:58 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by jmichaelp
I need definitive advice on a "regular" bra so I can get the part before my first road trip home for Christmas.

I've heard a couple of comments that use of a bra could lead to scratched paint or faded paint. I only intend to use this for highway trips, so fading shouldn't be a problem.

If I clay/Zaino immediately before putting it on and wash it after using it, I'd think the odds of scratches from using a bra would be less than odds of scratches from sand/gravel kicked up from the highway. Any thoughts??

Thanks!
I don't clay but Zaino and have hade zero problems at all.
Old 12-15-2003, 03:27 PM
Instructor

Thanks Jimmyz! How snug is the fit & how easy to put on/take off?
Old 12-15-2003, 04:52 PM
Advanced

Originally posted by jmichaelp
Thanks Jimmyz! How snug is the fit & how easy to put on/take off?
I must confess, I've not even put the bra on the TL yet. It's rained here so much lately I've not used it. I've got bra's for my Camaro SS and our Yukon. I've done this for those vehicles and will for the TL when the opportunity comes up.
Old 12-15-2003, 11:03 PM
Instructor

victoria secret!!
Old 12-16-2003, 12:38 PM
Racer

I have had a bra for all of my past 4-5 cars, and put it on for highway trips. I don't leave it on if it is raining, and I shake it out and sometimes vacuum it when I take it off to get out little abrasive bits . I have not had any scratching problems at all. I keep several coats of Zaino on the front, so any such scratching would be in the Zaino and not the paint.

I had the Acura nosemask added as a "throw-in" for the deal. It is OK, but not as well engineered as the one I had with my Solara.

Old 12-16-2003, 02:20 PM
Advanced

[QUOTE]Originally posted by automophile
[B]I have had a bra for all of my past 4-5 cars, and put it on for highway trips. I don't leave it on if it is raining, and I shake it out and sometimes vacuum it when I take it off to get out little abrasive bits . I have not had any scratching problems at all. I keep several coats of Zaino on the front, so any such scratching would be in the Zaino and not the paint.

I had the Acura nosemask added as a "throw-in" for the deal. It is OK, but not as well engineered as the one I had with my Solara.

This is exactly what I would suggest (and will do) if you buy the Acura Bra.
Old 12-16-2003, 02:25 PM
Instructor

Thanks, I ordered it & should have it in 3-4 days. So, lots to do this weekend - my first Zaino application & fitting the bra.
Old 12-16-2003, 04:21 PM
Banned

Hey bolliwood that was going to be my gag!