Where to Buy in the Carolinas

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005 | 08:13 AM
GhostRider

Question Where to Buy in the Carolinas

I live in Charlotte, NC. There is only one Acura dealership in the city -> Hendrick Acura. I leased my 03 TL-S there. I am planning to buy when lease is up and was wondering if there are any members who have done some comparison shopping with different dealerships in the Carolinas or beyond. I would be willing to go as far as Raleigh, Winston-Salem, Greenville, SC, Columbia, SC and even Atlanta, GA if the savings are there. I will most likely be looking for a '05 or '06 TL 6MT.

I appreciate the feedback.
Old 06-05-2005 | 09:28 AM
Burning Brakes

Just call all the dealers and see who will go the lowest. I got the best price from the Greensboro Acura dealer than got Performance of Chapel Hill to match their price, but this was back in Dec. 03 so dealers might have changed by now
Old 06-06-2005 | 07:47 AM
Go USC Gamecocks!

iStealth try McDaniels Acura in Columbia. They usually have a fair amount of TLs to choose from. Saleswoman was nice(and pretty) and didn't hassle me into buying. I had all my service done there, and had no problems. They're a little stingy on loaners but sometimes they will bring in a rental if they really plan on keeping your car for a while. I believe they just changed service managers and re-modeled their service department too. Hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2005 | 09:01 AM
Instructor

I bought mine from Performance in Chapel Hill as well. They gave me a quote over the phone lower than the price I was planning on demanding they meet. (Well below the TMV off of Edmunds). Made my decision real easy.

They had all the paperwork ready when I got there. I was in and out in about an hour, of which 45 minutes was their "walkthrough" making sure I knew everything there was to know, and pairing my phone, etc. Overall the sales process was harmless. They asked if I wanted to buy a service contract, I told them no and they dropped it.

Consider giving them a call. You may be able to do the whole deal over the phone like I did.
Old 06-06-2005 | 09:08 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

If you're looking at Performance, also give Leith Acura in Cary a call since it is not much farther to travel--if you're already going to go two hours, might as well compare them.
Old 06-06-2005 | 11:23 AM
Oderint dum metuant.

I have been nothing short of pleased with Hendrick, actually. I got a killer deal from them, and they always have a loaner if I need one (got stuck with a TSX once, but TL's the other times). They even got me lunch while I waited to sign my paperwork. PM me if you want, and I'll give you the contact info of the sales person I had...she was great.

By the way, you guys need to come to the CHARLOTTE MEET this weekend.
Old 06-06-2005 | 11:52 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
If you're looking at Performance, also give Leith Acura in Cary a call since it is not much farther to travel--if you're already going to go two hours, might as well compare them.
Leith Acura plays pricing games though.

Performance Acura is owned by the Hendrick group, if that matters to you...
Old 06-07-2005 | 09:54 AM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Originally Posted by EpiK
Leith Acura plays pricing games though.

Performance Acura is owned by the Hendrick group, if that matters to you...
Never bought a car from either, so I'll take your word. When I was at Duke Law I normally took my 1986 Legend to Leith for service; I had initially tried Performance but I was not satisfied with them (they didn't fix the air conditioner correctly). But I figured that someone living in Charlotte wouldn't care about the service departments in the Triangle.
Old 06-07-2005 | 11:17 AM
Wants an M3 in

http://www.leithacura.com/en_US/
Old 06-07-2005 | 12:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by 1995hoo
Never bought a car from either, so I'll take your word. When I was at Duke Law I normally took my 1986 Legend to Leith for service; I had initially tried Performance but I was not satisfied with them (they didn't fix the air conditioner correctly). But I figured that someone living in Charlotte wouldn't care about the service departments in the Triangle.
Can't speak to the service department of either of them yet. I was just referring to the sales part. I will probably be going to Leith Acura for service just because they are closer, or possibly Leith Honda for small stuff since they are a block from my office...