Where all the Chicago TL owners at??

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 01:47 AM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I agree with the guy who said
"Mc grath sales people are rude"
Their service sucks, also.
I had to come to Oscar, the Sales Manager, three times before they got my rim right.
They kept scratching the rims, horrible workers.

I'm in Mount Prospect, by the way.

I'm looking for get tints on my car, any reference?

06 TL, white over black leather.
Old 03-15-2007, 01:55 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome to the forums Be-in my TL
Old 03-15-2007, 09:54 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
I agree with the guy who said
"Mc grath sales people are rude"
Their service sucks, also.
I had to come to Oscar, the Sales Manager, three times before they got my rim right.
They kept scratching the rims, horrible workers.

I've had similar service experiences at McGrath. The techs do very sloppy work. Had to take my car back four times for a small problem that cascaded into a larger one (tech ripped the drivers seat at one point).

Right after buying I was happy with the sales process. What's pissed me off after some time has passed is that I originally went in interested in the RDX because I have a large dog. The TL was my very close second choice. The salesman and slimy sales manager were doing a hard push on the RDX, but I thought the engine was too buzzy and they wouldn't budge on the price a cent because it was a new model (and no memory seats???). They also assured me that the poor gas mileage rumors weren't true. I went in a few months after buying the TL and my salesman told me I made a wise choice because the RDX gets horrible gas mileage and wasn't selling well, and knew I would be happier with the TL in the long run. Whatever dude, don't stroke me.

Maybe the RDX isn't selling. I saw a commercial this morning offering 1.9% financing on it.
Old 03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
RIP Dime...

Way way way out west in Oswego.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:40 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Ukranian Villiage, 10 mins from Downtown.
I go to McGrath in Westmont for service. Haven't had any problems.
Old 03-15-2007, 04:56 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
I suppose that's a possibility I hadn't though of. Seemed like Chicago was in a lot better condition than MN when I left, meaning there was practically no snow left in Chicago when I was there.
I'm sure you guys get a lot more snow than we do, but you don't exactly want to be stuck swapping wheels back and forth if there is a call for snow. Plus summer only rubber turns into hard hockey pucks in the cold temps and still handle like crap. I usually will toss my summers back on by mid April, and usually switch back to my all-season around Halloween.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:08 PM
Involuntary Karatechopper

Gurnee
Old 03-15-2007, 05:49 PM
2007 NBP TL

okay, so lets get together sometime...it seems like most of us are out in the NW Burbs...either way, we could maybe meet up somewhere and have a photo day.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:25 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by HiTEC
I'm sure you guys get a lot more snow than we do, but you don't exactly want to be stuck swapping wheels back and forth if there is a call for snow. Plus summer only rubber turns into hard hockey pucks in the cold temps and still handle like crap. I usually will toss my summers back on by mid April, and usually switch back to my all-season around Halloween.

It's funny we don't get a ton of snow until late January anymore. If I had summer wheels (they're on the list of things to buy) I would probably follow a changing schedule similar to yours.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:44 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 05TLRIDER
It's funny we don't get a ton of snow until late January anymore. If I had summer wheels (they're on the list of things to buy) I would probably follow a changing schedule similar to yours.
I've been a two sets of wheels guy for a long time, and the schedule works out pretty well. We have no snow on the ground now, but there still so much gunk and crap on the streets, not to mention the pot holes... I'm in no hurry to put my nice wheels back on.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:49 PM
Racer

McGrath Morton Grove sucks.

They couldnt close a cash deal on my 05 navi/aspec, back in may of 05. Their management thought they were hyper-intelligent and doing you a favor. They are pissants.

Their techs are hit and miss and most of their service advisors are clowns. There are a couple that do their job right and unless I have to, I dont go there.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:02 PM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
You guys should all come out to our Winged Warrior Performance Challenge and Car Show in Indianapolis! Tomorrow is the last day to register for the performance part....but car show reg open till day of show! I am VP of the organization putting the event on...and if there is interest...I will block out a specific area for Acurazine brothers and sisters so all can be together in same general area.

Here is info on the event: http://www.wingedwarrior.net

Costs = Car show = $20 advance...$30 day of show
Performance Challenge = $100 donation fee - goes to Riley Childrens Hospital

(note...performance challenge is three segments...Autocross, Drag Race, Car Show)

Event being held at O'Reilly Raceway Park in Indy on May 12th. (Formally Indpls Raceway Park)
Old 03-16-2007, 05:15 AM
Back after 1 Year!

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts
WOW! This tread is still on the front page?!?
Old 03-16-2007, 12:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperStar
McGrath Morton Grove sucks.

They couldnt close a cash deal on my 05 navi/aspec, back in may of 05. Their management thought they were hyper-intelligent and doing you a favor. They are pissants.

Their techs are hit and miss and most of their service advisors are clowns. There are a couple that do their job right and unless I have to, I dont go there.

I agree as well. Back in June '06, one sales rep there in particular kept calling me stating that he would beat any deal I get. Libertyville (whose service, techs also suck) offered to sell me an 06 Tl w/Navi for 32,200. I took that deal to McGrath, and they told me "to come back to them with a real deal. We are not here to give away cars" My response to this was, "Welll, I will see you tommorow to shake your hand in my new TL " And I did! Like SuperStar said...they are rude when it comes to dealing and they think they are doing you a favor when you pay them 30K plus. Oh well....thats how some places like to handle business...And they know that they ar eone of the closet dealers to many people for those who like in the northern suburbs and chicago, so they know that they will continue to get business......sad, but oh welllllllllll
Old 03-16-2007, 01:14 PM
Racer

I haven't seen anyone mention it, but I bought mine at Continental in Naperville. So far it's been sort of a good experience... They ripped my map pocket then had some slacky 3rd party repair joint come in to fix it. They spray painted the underside of the map pocket and it dripped and stuck the door shut and basically looks like crap... As the weather gets nicer, I'm going to buy a new door panel and map pocket, install it myself and then drop the fugged-up parts off in the Service Manager's office...

I guess I'll find out how good they "really" are when that goes down. I expect full reimbursement and maybe a couple free oil changes, if they ignore me I'm just going to start taking it to a Honda dealer.

You guys know you don't need to go to Acura for service right?
Old 03-16-2007, 01:27 PM
Instructor

I got my 06 TL from Continetal, I have had nothing but good experiences there. Service department has always been pretty good.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:33 PM
2007 NBP TL

i got mine at muller in schaumburg....not a bad experience, but didnt get any free goodies as other ppl have stated in other threads....give a brother a key chain or something...HAHA
Old 03-16-2007, 02:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by hrglas
i got mine at muller in schaumburg....not a bad experience, but didnt get any free goodies as other ppl have stated in other threads....give a brother a key chain or something...HAHA
Did you hit them with the "hook a brotha up" line?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:09 PM
Instructor

Grew up in Naperville, moved to Plainfield 2 years ago, and I'm living downtown right now by the Taylor/Roosevelt Exit off 90/94 for school...i'm just all over the place lol (oh and my TL is from Muller in Schaumburg too haha)
Old 03-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ankur914
I agree as well. Back in June '06, one sales rep there in particular kept calling me stating that he would beat any deal I get. Libertyville (whose service, techs also suck) offered to sell me an 06 Tl w/Navi for 32,200. I took that deal to McGrath, and they told me "to come back to them with a real deal. We are not here to give away cars" My response to this was, "Welll, I will see you tommorow to shake your hand in my new TL " And I did! Like SuperStar said...they are rude when it comes to dealing and they think they are doing you a favor when you pay them 30K plus. Oh well....thats how some places like to handle business...And they know that they ar eone of the closet dealers to many people for those who like in the northern suburbs and chicago, so they know that they will continue to get business......sad, but oh welllllllllll
The salesman's face was priceless when I brought my navi/aspec in for the aspec rims that were on order. So much for any commission on my TL, idiot.
Old 03-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by gumba72
Carpentersville - 2007 Silver Type-S
Where in Carpentersville do you live? The reasone why im asking is because I also live in Carpentersville. We could be neibors
Old 03-19-2007, 10:45 AM
Advanced

Lake in the hill
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 PM
Race Director

Originally Posted by Acuraboy7
Yeah Mc Grath is, they suck...there sales people are rude.
Which McGrath? There is one in Westmont and one in Morton Grove
Old 03-19-2007, 04:48 PM
King of NYC

Received 216 Likes on 153 Posts
Here's another vote for MCGRATH ACURA MORTON GROVE!!!!!!

YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you lose all your customers!
They're the dudes who gave me a hard time with my car saying my AEM CAI voided my warranty. (I'm sure you guys read the thread) I'm probaby the only one in USA who faced such a problem. Every other dealer I've dealt with are cool. The hell with them! Hope you guys go elsewhere.
Old 03-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Cruisin'

I need to take mine in for some warranty work in spring and I didn't buy it at an Acura dealer so my only experience with any dealer around here is with their sales. Does anyone have any GOOD experiences with dealers around Chicagoland in terms of service?
Old 06-26-2007, 04:55 PM
Instructor

im in Palos Park, im the guy who just got a window tint ticket from orland motorcycle cop. I saw these cops impound a guys jeep because he took of the removable doors.

JOE RIZZA IS THE BEST DEALER GO TALK TO MARK BERRY SALES MANAGER AND GET HOOKED UP TELL HIM DENNIS FROM THE EUROPEAN DELI SENT YOU
Old 06-26-2007, 05:21 PM
Cruisin'

^which european deli do own/work for? I was just at one on 143rd and 82nd avenue today. Btw my only brief experience with the Rizza dealer is the bumbling sales guy I got who typed with one finger and it took him 5 mins to type my info in.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:05 PM
Pro

Batavia....

Got my '07 TLS at Muller's in Schaumburg too. Picked it up last week of April. Not a bad purchasing experience, but they have a bunch of chimps as techs working there, not to mention gorillas who wash the cars. I picked my car up at night. Before they wrote up the contract, I did a thorough inspection, inside and out. By the time the porters finished it was past 10, and I assumed (silly me) that the car got cleaned. Period. They didn't hurt the paint but they did put a big gouge and swirl marks in the dash right in front of the passenger. Also got blood all over one of the rear seatbelts. Noticed it the next morning, and went back the next day. Fast forward to five service visits later...they still haven't gotten the dash fixed. Even the service mgr. says it's getting worse. Have a sixth appt. tomorrow with a detailing 'expert' that visits the dealership. Also had them check out my suspension (Yeah, the infamous clunking rear, which they say they can't reproduce. DUH). When I picked up my car the last time, the tech had left the rear headrests sitting on the seat, and had scuffed up the back of the console with his shoes. Grease spots all over my seat and the passenger door panel. THANKS A LOT. These guys are slobs! I love the fact that every time I bring it in to get it fixed, something else gets fubarred. Truth be told, I have had all kinds of cars in my life, and no dealership has ever done more wrong. Nonetheless, I'm trying really hard to love the car. LOL.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 PM
Instructor

McClane 6900 w 111th street 16 years in business and we where the first place to use that name and since the mid ninteys there have been atleast 5 that have opend with diffrent spellings of the same name... halena's european deli for example, lol

i think america is loosing its originality, McClane theres one on 80th and 171st street called european delicatessen lol, its a joke... but there arent any rules against it so all you can do is keep working your ass off and put em' out of business...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:37 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
North of the City

About 5 miles from 6 Flags in Gurnee
Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JD TL-S
About 5 miles from 6 Flags in Gurnee
I work in Libertyville, which is not to far from where you live.. We should get together and do a photoshoot
Old 06-27-2007, 10:45 PM
Safety Car

Received 134 Likes on 130 Posts
Originally Posted by shayan
I work in Libertyville, which is not to far from where you live.. We should get together and do a photoshoot
I bought my first TL at Libertyville Acura. I use to hang out in that area many moons ago.

YAH thats cool
Old 06-27-2007, 11:33 PM
Instructor

Bucktown 90 and Fullerton
Old 06-27-2007, 11:53 PM
Cruisin'

Bolingbrook
Old 06-28-2007, 08:20 AM
Cruisin'

Lake in the Hills
Old 06-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Logan Square, Chicago
Old 06-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Instructor

fiore8072 , you ever go to the map room for some danky beers?
Old 07-09-2007, 03:11 AM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Mount Prospect here.

I have a buddy who lives 2 blocks from Six Flags, and my brother lives in Lake in The Hills.

It's a pretty small area, I suppose. I've basically been everywhere in Chi-town and if y'all wanna start a meet sometime soon, we should get it going. I missed the last one in April because of my brother's wedding, but I'm sure to make the next one. Havn't done too much to my car, but would love to see others.

'06 WDP/Ebony with LEDs, debagded, and getting 30% around tints in late July. I'm getting ready to get rid of that front license plate too, but the assholes at McGrath Acura in Morton Grove scratched the shit out of my bumper putting the license plate on. Now there are lines all under the license plate, plus I need to find some plugs... I am not sure if I want to pay 20$ a plug at the dealer... what I heard. I would like to fabricate my own little plugs and stick the license plate on the windshield with some rubber suction things from Michael's.
Old 07-09-2007, 06:02 PM
TL GOD

I live in the hood of Morton Grove with my Sexy ass AM, but i am always in Skompton (Skokie).
Old 08-22-2007, 10:35 AM
3rd Gear

Rockford- Silver 07 TL S

Quick Reply: Where all the Chicago TL owners at??