3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

where are the '04 alignment schematics?

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 07:38 PM
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy where are the '04 alignment schematics?

Ok the sob story- drove the car 1 day and less than 100 miles- perfect and beautiful until this uninsured a-hole caused a 4-car accident- with me in the middle- front and rear end damage now- sitting in the body shop- and they tell me the schematics for alignments and measurements for the '04 TL are not yet in any of the major supplier's computer systems- "ccc or Mitchell's" etc. So it sits until they are- and before it can be put onthe frame rack etc. Anyone know if this is truly the case? I can't imagine that I'm the first to sustain significant damage to the car. Even the numbers for '04 parts aren't in the books or systems yet says my insurance company's adjustor. The car's been out for a few months- how can this be? Any help is much appreciated.
Old 01-15-2004, 07:47 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Sorry to hear this.

You're not going to Acura dealer for the fix, right? If you wish to get some off-acura or aftermarket parts to repair your car, it could be a little hard since the car is really new...

You can see that the new-aftermarket spring or other components are just on sale a while ago, maybe this is the problem for new car/1st-yr-model.

Try to ask Acura dealer yet? For example, dealers should have lots of skirt/underbody kits now since they replace tons of 04TL with the new ones or A-Sepc.

Got some pics? Which parts do you need to fix? Maybe ppl can give you more specific suggestions...
Old 01-15-2004, 07:51 PM
8th Gear

no- the dealers around me don't have body shops- calledthem and got a recc. on a shop nearby. have talked to acura and parts are fairly available here- jsut don't have them in the computer systems for accurate estimates but more importantly- if the correct measurement figures for alignments and bodies aren't i nthe systems they can't really accurately adjust the car and new parts on the body. They're using '03 honda accord for now temporarily. I just can't imagine acura or these companies haven't measured the car yet. Trying to ascertiain if what the body shop is telling me is true or b.s.
Old 01-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
What parts do you need?

As I said, the wheels, the underbody spoilers, or original underbody small spoiler should not be the problems. But if you say Acura dealers cannot get the doors, hoods, exhausts, pipess, or other parts in the engine bay, this will really amazing... unbelievable...
Old 01-15-2004, 09:17 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
gottl -

Specs for alignment is in owners manual under specification section.

Also, the svc manual has it with the tolerances.

FYI - the 03 TL and 04 TL have same specs for toe in, toe out.

Only differences are camber (more negative on 04 TL see owners manual).

Yes, none of the major alignment machines have the set ups yet and no one will do it without them, mine had an alignment problem and the tires were wearing, so they used the 03 TL specs, and left the camber/caster alone.

See your onwners manual - and maybe your dealer will photo copy the page out of the svc manual with the alignment specs so you can have the tolerances.

EDIT - the dimensions of the car and frame are in the svc manual also!!!! it is $65, tell the shop to get one.

Good luck!
Old 01-16-2004, 01:04 AM
Banned

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
1. Check the caster angle.
Caster angle: 3d 17' +- 45'

2. Check the camber angle.
Front: -0d 30' +- 30'
Rear: -1d 0' +- 30'
(Maximum difference between L & R 0d 45')

If you need I can email you the pages from the service manual.
Pg 8-1 through 8-7
Old 01-16-2004, 11:32 AM
8th Gear

guys- a big thanks for the info. Parts aren't the problem. It's pulling the body back to specs and doin gthe alignment and since they have to start with the floor pan and back end- hard to get the repairs started without proper info- or so they tell me- and the car's been sitting somewhat awaiting this- while other work that can be done is done.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by gottl?
guys- a big thanks for the info. Parts aren't the problem. It's pulling the body back to specs and doin gthe alignment and since they have to start with the floor pan and back end- hard to get the repairs started without proper info- or so they tell me- and the car's been sitting somewhat awaiting this- while other work that can be done is done.
gottl? - the specs for pulling the floor pan back into shape along with other body parts are in the svc manual (about a 1000 page book for $65). These are very precise dimensions!

If this helps, I am sure that Nick or I can get them to you.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:00 PM
8th Gear

yes I'm just really flabbergasted at the body shop- we're waiting on specs from Hein supplier via CCC for center line and cross check analysis dimensions for underbody and underhood and trunk as well as rear door openings- amongst others.

I can't imagine I'm the only '04 Tl that has sustained such damage so far- can't imagine others are waiting for these figures to have their car properly fixed to manufacturer standards- the info must be somewhere if not in these systems- an have asked the shop to check and see if what they need is in the service manual or available elsewhere so we don't keep waiting to begin said repairs.

Anyone- Please please send what you have or tell me more. My accident happened on the 12/18- towed in on the 19th and between the holidays and the adjustor and all- substantial work still has not commenced and I'm almost ballistic- yet stuck because took it to a shop that my Acura dealer reccommended- and not sure I can get it out of there without $ if they turn out to be liars or dolts or both.