3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

When you guys get a loaner, do you fill it with REGULAR gas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 02:24 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow. You guys that put 87 in a premium-only loaner totally freakin' suck.

I'm sure if the dealer did that to you that you'd be all up in their business.

Karma has a way of biting you in the ass and in this case if it does, you totally deserve it.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:35 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VANDY
First off if you put gas in it they are not going to charge you $5-$6 a gallon so that makes no sense. That policy was put in place for a reason and it was the only way to insure getting the loaner back with gas. Second, how would you feel if they put regular gas in your car when you picked it up? I have been lurking around here for several months and it is always interesting to see that most of the idiotic posts about trashing loaners and subjects like this come from the imature and cocky 17- 20 something year olds.
Grow up and respect others property! If the dealership has done something to your vehicle then let them know about it.
are you serious? I'm 27, own a house in LI, do very well for myself and have a lot to show for myself...so, I don't really care what you have to say!

Really you're the one who needs to face reality at the age of "41" and stop living in a cave.

This happens all the time and it's merely a thread for the great people on this forum to be honest and have a good time on an interesting topic
Old 05-25-2007, 02:38 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For those who don't buy premium... not cool, man... it could be me driving it next. If you can't afford the extra $3-5 to respect community property then you shouldn't be driving around in a TL. Grow up and pay premium, Mr. Big Spender. My
Old 05-25-2007, 02:39 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by darksom1
When I said that people drive the cars like Dukes of Hazzard, I didn't say "I" did. But yes I put in regular, and that should not eliminate me or any other person from getting a loaner. Plus, the fact that you work at Acura makes you HELLO...a tadbit PARTIAL don't you think? Just a little...Stop telling people to grow up. You don't know them well enough to make comments about them personally. Don't bring that crap in here! Or don't you know that by saying that, you are perpetuating that same thing? Just calm down man, you are not at work. This is a forum, and people are entitled to their opinions.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jzacuto
Wow. You guys that put 87 in a premium-only loaner totally freakin' suck.

I'm sure if the dealer did that to you that you'd be all up in their business.

Karma has a way of biting you in the ass and in this case if it does, you totally deserve it.
Wow....such a harsh response over a few points of octane!!!

I'm sticking to my guns on this one. I'm too much of a realist to think the dealer cares what octane goes in the tank of a loaner.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:44 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Originally Posted by vara411
For those who don't buy premium... not cool, man... it could be me driving it next. If you can't afford the extra $3-5 to respect community property then you shouldn't be driving around in a TL. Grow up and pay premium, Mr. Big Spender. My
first of all, you have no idea what I can afford or not so you have no basis for your argument...fact is, techs don't treat MY CAR like its their own, thus I will NOT treat their dealers cars with respect...

just because one puts 87 instead of 93 in a car that isn't their's, and because gas prices are high, doesn't mean that people can't AFFORD 3-5$...
Old 05-25-2007, 02:52 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by gauravp123
just because one puts 87 instead of 93 in a car that isn't their's, and because gas prices are high, doesn't mean that people can't AFFORD 3-5$...
Affording 3-5 bucks vs. WASTING 3-5 bucks are two different things!

I'll admit though, my service dept at Davis has been great lately - and if they specifically requested that the loaner get filled up with premium, I'd do it, no problem. Even the guy that washes my car after service takes extra special care of it, and drives it like his own. If there's respect one way, it should be both ways.

I'm just not so certain that the dealers are concerned about the octane of loaners, and I'm not going to "assume", and put money out of pocket that isn't required.
Old 05-25-2007, 03:01 PM
Racer

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
WOW This topic really is hot. I think it comes down to a personality thing. Some people are desensitized and don't give a s*** about anyone or anything in this world except themselves. If the manual stated that 87 would hurt the car I wouldn't put it in. But it says it's OK. When I drive the loaner I don't beat up on it because someone may want to buy/use it after me. The fact that it doesn't belong to me is no good reason to abuse someones elses property. And to be honest with you guys, I think doing it is disrespectful
Old 05-25-2007, 03:07 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 205 Likes on 128 Posts
Originally Posted by gauravp123

its shit like this why I close threads...

damn you cant post one opinion in a thread without some of you flying off the fucking deep end