Sponsored by:

What's your most embarrasing loss?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by azn_xxxd
onetime i got the nissan sentra type R beat me cuz i wasnt ready so !!! lolz
yea man, those things r kinda fast...... i had my 02 TL-P when this guy hits the pedal first and den stayed on the lead and he pulled a little too ...... i thought he was easy to take but i was wrong
Old 04-07-2007, 10:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by PiZauL
My most embarassing loss wasn't exacty a race.. but it did involve acceleration.

So i'm merging onto the highway in my STOCK 1998 Camry LE (4 banger) and some douche bag in a Chevy Avalanche decided to drive up to my side and not let me merge.. I was like "wtf mate" and couldn't really brake to go behind him cause he was towing a fucking boat and I had a car behind me. So I figured he is towing alot of weight and I decide to floor the little camry to try and get ahead of him. He must have heard the furious 135hp and next thing I hear is his shit just ROARING. To my surprise he started pulling away as my little shitbox is just making its way over towards the redline.

Basically, a Chevy Avalanche towing a boat beat my camry. I know the camry is not at all a performance vehicle.. but come on.. I figured it would pull ahead against a truck towing something.
This is the funniest shit i've read!
Old 04-09-2007, 04:14 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hahahahhahahahahh i agree ^
Old 04-10-2007, 08:33 AM
08 Civic SI

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Blueyce28
when i first got my tl, i thought it was damn quick. it felt nice, throttle response was awsome. i had the biggest love for my car. so i went for a fun drive that weekend, pulled up to the red light with my music on. then a hot blonde chick pulled up next to me in a G35... i was like.. drool.. cuz i liked that car too, especially with her in it. but then i said... man, i still like my car.. watever. but she saw me looking, and she looked back at me... winked at me, and here i am acting like a hard as and was like wats up girl, giving her the "i'm gonna get your number" look. then she revved.... wow.... my kinda girl... SS mode, light turned green.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... damn... she smoked me by 8 car lengths before letting off..... unfortunately, our next light was red... and she's sitting there laughing her ass off... thanks.
you shoulda been like, "you spanked me, now its my turn to spank you"
Old 04-11-2007, 10:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by lostkhan
yea man, those things r kinda fast...... i had my 02 TL-P when this guy hits the pedal first and den stayed on the lead and he pulled a little too ...... i thought he was easy to take but i was wrong
was your car stock?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:53 PM
Burning Brakes

I just ran into some celica(newer model) who was revvin' his engine at a red light...green light and he pulls away while i move like a slug(I had my car in 2nd gear on gate)
Old 04-15-2007, 12:03 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts
Hey! MYOB! I'm not telling you nothin'!

Well, OK. But, just between you and me. Don't let this get out. I'm serial.

I had just cleaned the TL and was sportin'. It was daylight so competition was not on my mind. I was on a 6 lane divided boulevard and decided to turn left on another 6 lane divided boulevard. A nice looking white VW Passat with some nice appearance mods was traveling with me. I wasn't paying much attention to him because........well, that was a Volkswagen and I'm in an Acura TL.

There were 2 left turning lanes. I was in the inside one and the Passat pulled into the outside left turning lane. Again, I was clueless. When the light turned to a green arrow, he took off briskly. I decided to show him some TL tail lights.

I nailed it in a wide sweeping left....I have a 5AT. My wheels broke loose, started squealing like a scalded cat, and the VSA light came on. Meanwhile, this prick is actually starting to pull on me.... a temporary condition, thought I.

As we started to straighten out, I forgot I was in Sport Shift and I banged into the rev limiter as I tried to get past him. I nudged it into 3rd but, by then, we were doing over 70 and coming into some other traffic. He was still ahead of me when I had to let up.

I was MORTIFIED! I looked all around to see if anyone saw this shameful display of bad driving. Nope. Safe. I was in a bad mood the rest of the day.

I have NEVER been beaten in a street race before. This was rather unusual circumstances but it goes to show you that the hole shot is everything and you better not mess up with the shifting. If in doubt, leave it in D.

Now, if you tell anyone about this, I'll hunt you down! It's our secret. :wink:
Old 04-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Burning Brakes

Damn I feel sorry for you and feel your pain! That celica's still on my mind and I know he's thinking " I killed a T.L from a dig"!
Old 04-22-2007, 01:20 PM
Banned

Try this.... my TL back when it was stock racing against a '97 corolla entering the Brooklyn bridge coming from Manhattan.... We raced through the turns, being the dude having a small car, he went through those turns easier.. and then just took off on the straightaway.. .I couldn't even catch up... Then he had the NERVE to ask if i'm out of the state because I drive like someone from New Mexico. .. wtf. now that's some shit. lol
Old 04-22-2007, 07:05 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I lost to VW Jetta GLI with exaughst from a dig, but I wasn't in SS mode. He was driving all fast on some windy backroads and I was behind him proving I could keep up around through the corners. We get out of the woods and onto a main road, stop at a light, I turn TCS off and we both look over at each other knowing what's gonna happen next. Light turns, we gun it and were both even off the gate, but then near 40mph he walks 2 1/2 car lengths on me before we shut it down due to traffic, hitting 75-80 tops. I guess I need to master the sport shift, I can drive with it, but haven't practiced my launch yet. anyhow, I wasn't really too embarrased though, I don't underestimate Gti's or GLI's after going to a few VW shows down in Virginia. I'd post something better, but don't have many races under my belt yet. This is my first "real" car, after owning a Dodge spirit (it killed a few civics though..lol!)
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by mcflyguy24
I lost to VW Jetta GLI with exaughst from a dig, but I wasn't in SS mode. He was driving all fast on some windy backroads and I was behind him proving I could keep up around through the corners. We get out of the woods and onto a main road, stop at a light, I turn TCS off and we both look over at each other knowing what's gonna happen next. Light turns, we gun it and were both even off the gate, but then near 40mph he walks 2 1/2 car lengths on me before we shut it down due to traffic, hitting 75-80 tops. I guess I need to master the sport shift, I can drive with it, but haven't practiced my launch yet. anyhow, I wasn't really too embarrased though, I don't underestimate Gti's or GLI's after going to a few VW shows down in Virginia. I'd post something better, but don't have many races under my belt yet. This is my first "real" car, after owning a Dodge spirit (it killed a few civics though..lol!)
hahaha due those cars are pretty quick! i test drove the new GTI golfs...was very impressed. They auto rev match and they're turbo charged. They have that sport mode thing too where they transmissions basically take it up to redline before shifting. They're not too bad.

w/e though our cars look better
Old 04-29-2007, 07:46 PM
Intermediate

Talking

Originally Posted by Soseductivesf
I know everyone has at least one story....... Lined up against a car you should wipe your ass with but then somehow things don't go your way and he makes you look like an idiot while crushing your ego! So what's your worst defeat, street or track(In any car you've had)?I'll start............ Back when I had my 97' stock 2.2C.L, I'm headin' to the club with two of my friends when a rusty 90ish Geo metro pulls up next to me with this dirty vanilla ice lookin' kid with a bandanna(2pac style) starin' us down. We're both lined up 1st at a red light and he starts jerkin' his car with his music blastin' and his speakers poppin(not in a good way). My friend in the back seat tells me i better smoke him. Light turns green and I didn't want to mash on the pedal (but he did) and he pulled on me! So I drop it into 2nd(AT) and tried to catch up......but never did! We entered the freeway and I thought FOR SURE he couldn't go past 90mph and would take him but he kept goin'! I never caught up to that bastard and to top it off, he pumped his fist in the air as I took the downtown exit ! My friends rubbed it in the whole night!

dam now thats embrassing..sorrry to hear that man ..i guessing you need some upgrades huh?
Old 04-29-2007, 07:50 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blueyce28
when i first got my tl, i thought it was damn quick. it felt nice, throttle response was awsome. i had the biggest love for my car. so i went for a fun drive that weekend, pulled up to the red light with my music on. then a hot blonde chick pulled up next to me in a G35... i was like.. drool.. cuz i liked that car too, especially with her in it. but then i said... man, i still like my car.. watever. but she saw me looking, and she looked back at me... winked at me, and here i am acting like a hard as and was like wats up girl, giving her the "i'm gonna get your number" look. then she revved.... wow.... my kinda girl... SS mode, light turned green.... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... damn... she smoked me by 8 car lengths before letting off..... unfortunately, our next light was red... and she's sitting there laughing her ass off... thanks.

haahahaha this is just halarious!!!! i feel soo bad for you man.. nice try though!gave me a good laugh
Old 04-29-2007, 08:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 1999acuratlboi
dam now thats embrassing..sorrry to hear that man ..i guessing you need some upgrades huh?
Well that was in my old 1st gen........no story?
Old 04-29-2007, 09:03 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Little kid in a Ford Mustang Power Wheels crushed me. Those things are no joke.

Old 04-29-2007, 09:08 PM
Intermediate

i was driving my friends 3000gt and then this piece of shit 1988 crx or something like that pulled up beside me reving his engine ..i just started to laugh soo hard and i told him he could have a 5 second head start we both laughed and agreed,soo the light turn green and he ripped it soo dam fast..3 seconds later i tried to catch up,he was gone .now that was very embrassing,my friend was soo dissapointed in me because his 3000gt couldnt catch up.. oh wells at least i tried
Old 04-29-2007, 11:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jayunsplanet

Duh It's a 2 seater!
Old 04-30-2007, 03:55 AM
Instructor

lol hahahhahha man i remember i use to have a Power Wheels with two speeds and i use to race my next door neightbor who had one too lol i would always win !!!
Old 04-30-2007, 06:11 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
^lol! I used to race a couple of kid in my neighborhood on them! mine was a gray pick-up truck. hahaha^ anyhow look what i just found here:http://www.powerwheelsracing.com/
kinda lame site...but who knows what kinda potential those things could have with bigger motors. lol!
Old 05-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jayunsplanet

Damn this kids a pimp ..... got his top down,drivin' a red stang with his girl by his side!
Old 05-07-2007, 07:54 PM
Cruisin'

back in 97...(Kinda Long SORRY)

my first car, black 90 Acura Integra GS 1.8 liter 4 banger no mods, prev owner was my mother who never drove her hard, I however, did not know anything about cars and treated her like shit, fucked up the paint (once a beautiful black finish) fucked up the body (dents everywhere), fucked up the ride in general, she only had 78k on her when i bought her from mommy...

On my way to work in the middle of winter of 97 in chicago...morning traffic...BONE FREEZING COLD, car is still sluggish but warming up...idling at the head of a light when... A white dude with a HUGE BLONDE MULLET in a 1980's looking Toyota rust bucket 4X4 PICKUP TRUCK pulls up, he's blasting some really bad hair metal...he see's me freezing in my car next to him and yeh, he lines up...im freezing, my car is freezing and it prolly wont make it past this winter (it didnt), so dude in his toy 4x4 truck gives me a few revs of his engine, i can tell he's been driving a minute cuz it doesnt sound like he's having a problem getting revs, my car on the other hand feels and sounds like, there's MOLASSES in the block...

the light turns green...we're gone...HE IS GONE...i'm tailing 2 lengths back from the light already and we're only @ 30mph...THERE WAS NO WAY IN HELL I WAS GOING TO LOSE TO AN OLD ASS TRUCK...A TRUCK!!! I push her harder (the poor girl)...catch up and we're neck and neck at 60mph...70mph comes and goes the old Integra stars SHAKING...SHAAAKKKKIINNNGG...but i'm beggining to pull ahead...but wait...creeping out about 300yds just straight ahead? A COP

I tried to play it smart, let off the gas, don't brake, let the car coast and slow down on its own, didn't matter, pass the cop doing 65...the fucker in the truck?

JUST KEEPS GOING...

not only does he beat me, he BEATS THE COP...the cop decides to stop me instead...

End result:

my ego shoved right up my frozen ass, the image of a MULLET WEARING BAD HAIR METAL BLASTING WHITE DUDE in a 80's TOYOTA 4X4 TRUCK speeding away laughing, and an $80 speeding ticket for going 30 over the limit 1 year probation and was late for my shitty ass job that I evenutally quit from anyway, yeh that was an awesome day...
Old 05-08-2007, 07:25 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
That sucks man, sorry to hear.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:40 PM
B A N N E D

got beat by an all motor CRX when i had CAI and pulley.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:33 AM
4th Gear

some stupid old ass volvo like 1980 volvo was next to me on a red light. some ugly foo kept looking at me but doubt he can see through my tinted windows.lights turned green..that foo floored it..i was like wtf.. im not gonna get disrespected by this guy.. didnt really wanna waste my gas so i was trying to catch up to him..did like over 100+ and it was OVER never caught up
Old 05-12-2007, 09:53 AM
B A N N E D

Originally Posted by friskoplaya
some stupid old ass volvo like 1980 volvo was next to me on a red light. some ugly foo kept looking at me but doubt he can see through my tinted windows.lights turned green..that foo floored it..i was like wtf.. im not gonna get disrespected by this guy.. didnt really wanna waste my gas so i was trying to catch up to him..did like over 100+ and it was OVER never caught up
u wouldnt happen to be from CT would u? i kno a guy with a white rwd volvo 740(i think) its fast as hell. he has no problem pulling on me
Old 05-15-2007, 08:49 AM

All I know is I'm never racing with a girl in the car ever again, these stories are damn depressing.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:17 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by friskoplaya
Old 05-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Instructor

i don't know why all you guys underestimate vw's and audis...
Old 05-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Burning Brakes

So this girl in a pontiac was to my right on the freeway pacin' me at 65mph(couldn't tell what kind) so I stepped on the gas to leave her in tha dust but couldn't shake her! I was like WTF we were dead even but got up to about 85mph due to traffic. We then had open road and I decided enough of this and dropped it in to third and mashed on the gas.........with in split seconds she was 2..3...4 car lengths ahead! Looked at the rear of her car(while I could) ........ GTO.......
Old 05-27-2007, 09:16 PM

So this girl in a pontiac was to my right on the freeway pacin' me at 65mph(couldn't tell what kind) so I stepped on the gas to leave her in tha dust but couldn't shake her! I was like WTF we were dead even but got up to about 85mph due to traffic. We then had open road and I decided enough of this and dropped it in to third and mashed on the gas.........with in split seconds she was 2..3...4 car lengths ahead! Looked at the rear of her car(while I could) ........ GTO.......

Well that's expected.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah I had it comin' to me but still..................this was an ugly ass girl! She musta weighed 300lbs so I thought I had the advantage! Actually I really didn't know it was a GTO!
Old 06-02-2007, 09:36 PM
Green Machine

Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts
Mine was against a 03 supercharged Cobra. I have a 99 Eclipse GSX heavenly modded with the exception of the stock turbo at the time. I think the Cobra was brand new, because it happen the same year of the car. I pulled up to him on the highway at 65 ready to do something. He just looked at me, then hit the gas. He slowed down and did it again. It seemed like I was at a stand still each time. Damn those things are fast!
Old 06-03-2007, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Mine was against a 03 supercharged Cobra. I have a 99 Eclipse GSX heavenly modded with the exception of the stock turbo at the time. I think the Cobra was brand new, because it happen the same year of the car. I pulled up to him on the highway at 65 ready to do something. He just looked at me, then hit the gas. He slowed down and did it again. It seemed like I was at a stand still each time. Damn those things are fast!

You should've ran from a stop, let's see how that goes.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:01 AM
Burning Brakes

you couldn't have been embarrased by losing to a supercharged cobra!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:40 PM
Green Machine

Now that I have an upgraded turbo, fuel management computer, and injectors; it wouldn't happen again.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by t0talacuratl
Now that I have an upgraded turbo, fuel management computer, and injectors; it wouldn't happen again.
dynoed?
Old 06-04-2007, 06:11 AM
Green Machine

dynoed?
Not yet. I just had to put a stage 2 tranny in from Shepard Racing. I will be very soon though.
Old 06-06-2007, 11:42 AM
99 TLS6 08 TL

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
I got owned by a PT Cruiser turbo. I don't want to talk about it.
Old 06-06-2007, 02:09 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
last week lost to a Honda S2000 on the freeway. We were playing a little cat and mouse and then I slowed down let him pull along side of me at about 55-60 he downshifted real quick and took off. Unfortunately I was in the bottom end of 3rd gear so he put a about a half to 3/4 a car on me up to 95 when I started to gain a little and then he backed off. It was fun, we got off on the same exit, he said his car was stock but it sure sounded like he had an intake when he nailed it. the crappy thing is if I would have been able to get down to 2nd I know I would have beat him without a problem!!!! :angryfire
Old 06-08-2007, 10:48 AM
Pro

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Last night, I lost to 2007 Mini Cooper S from a slow roll (about 10mph) after leaving a stop light. He jumped on it first - I floored it as soon as I heard him floor it. He had an aftermarket exhaust (at least) and was driving solo, and I had one 160lb passenger. I know the new turbos have only 175 hp stock, but can they be modded to be quick? He pulled about half a car length on me to about 70mph, then we shut it down. Someone tell me that a modded Mini S can be quick, or that there's something wrong with my TL-S!

Quick Reply: What's your most embarrasing loss?