Sponsored by:

Whats wrong with your car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 07:17 AM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by TLtrigirl
to add to my list of what is "wrong" with my car-
-my bluetooth cuts out intermittently when making or receiving calls when the phone is compatible....grrrr.
-side mirrors do not return and click when actually used in reverse. so i dont' use them and keep them turned off.
-and of course there are a few spots on the car that have cosmetic flaws that only i notice.
My side mirrors did that once when I had the mirror heater on.
Old 03-09-2011, 08:33 AM
TL = True Love

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
1. got a hit and run while parked at my job, just a small bend in the driver side rear door.
2. driver side heated seat light on button is out
3. rattles near radio
4. rock chips from terrible snow season
5. small nicks in trunk from hail storm last year
6. small tear in leather in rear seat
7. CRACKS IN MY MOTHER FUCKING DASHBOARD! ALL OVER IT.
Old 03-09-2011, 02:23 PM
Safety Car

Received 765 Likes on 550 Posts
Originally Posted by Souljah
You're actually pushing it upward, as in towards the sky? Not up and down (towards front windshield to back windshield). I won't even lie... I didn't know that for a while.
Yes sir... i am indeed pushing the button straight up towards the sky when my sunroof is in the completely closed position and it does not budge... same with opening and closing the sunroof, i have to hold the button for the full duration for it to open and close. My one-touch open/close and tilt feature doesn't work.

No clue why, seem to be the only one with this problem but i guess i'll just live with it.

thanks for trying to help though
Old 03-09-2011, 07:35 PM
Registered TL Owner

Received 95 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by vietxquangstah
Yes sir... i am indeed pushing the button straight up towards the sky when my sunroof is in the completely closed position and it does not budge... same with opening and closing the sunroof, i have to hold the button for the full duration for it to open and close. My one-touch open/close and tilt feature doesn't work.

No clue why, seem to be the only one with this problem but i guess i'll just live with it.

thanks for trying to help though
Well I know our type s wouldn't tilt because I was messing with the button seeing if the bulb was removable, since the one in my TL was burnt out, and i lost the spring that would activate the tilt feature.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Chapter Leader (Mid-Atlantic Region)

Received 269 Likes on 225 Posts
1.) a whole lotta rattles!
Old 03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. Loose rear bumper were a bus hit me. I refuse to pay my deductible on a car that runs, so I am waiting for the transit company to pay me.

2. Marred front bumper where I played kissy face with a guard rail.

3. dirty heated seat rockers which makes the buttons hard to push.

4. HFL doesn't work (I'm not paying for a module).

5. bottom of door scraped where it hits the door sill.

6. Insulation bulging from crack in door.

7. Its not paid for.
Old 03-10-2011, 01:19 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 84 Likes on 79 Posts
bumper chipped up
few interior trim issues (getting repaired tomorrow though )
wheels need refinishing (will be done after winter)
Old 03-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,812 Likes on 1,283 Posts
Mine has 99,500 miles on it, owned it since new.

I had the front of the car repainted when I stopped commuting 210 miles a day so luckily paint is not on the list. No dings other than one in the roof that you can only see when it's freshly washed and you have to stand at the perfect angle. No idea how it got there.

Windshield is cracked. Going to fix that soon but I've been putting it off for 6 months because this way I don't worry about getting hit by a rock.

The rear fake carbon fiber license plate area is cracked, some stupid kids managed to crack it but it's so hard to see I let it go.

Various interior lights, I have the lights at home just waiting for a good time to do them.

Seats- going to get them reupholstered in leather. They're not ripped but they look old.

Center console looks deflated. It looked fine and then in the course of a month it looks flat. I have the new leather and foam, just waiting to install it.

Broken interior clips and trunk panel clips- I bought 50 of them, just waiting to install.

Gauge cluster- The dumbasses at the carwash cleaned them with a dirty rag. You can't see the scratches unless the sun hits them perfectly but it bothers the hell out of me. Going to replace these when I do the interior lights.

Might do the carpet next week. It has no stains and it's black anyway. Starting to just barely show some wear and since I'm pulling it out for sound deadening anyway I might as well replace it.

That's about it. So far as the car has aged, I've replaced:

The steering wheel with a new factory wheel.

Tweeter grills and center channel grill.

Two aluminum strips down the center console.

New factory floor mats.

Various interior trim pieces that go along the sides near the carpet that get scratched from people dragging their shoes.

2 windshields which is why I'm taking my time replacing this 3rd one.

Shifter console trim.

Splashguard under front bumper.

Trunk carpet.

That's all I can think of, just wanting to keep it looking new and I don't want a bunch of stuff to build up to where I get overwhelmed and it feels like a POS.

Waiting to do most of the interior stuff because I'm tearing EVERYTHING out next week for sound deadening and I can replace everything at the same time.

Once I install everything, it should look like new inside and out.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Make it so

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by BigPZ
1. Secure the bottom of the license plate with two more bolts to stop the annoying rattling

I had the same problem (I had a license plate frame, which just made it worse because of the double rattle) and I fixed it for a few bucks by buying some 3M rubber tape. I put to small strips between the license plate and the gray plastic that it sits on top of and SHAZAAM- problem solved.

Cost only a few bucks, easily removable, hasn't left any gunk on it and it is the outdoor kind so it has survived temperatures all the way down to 20 below zero without getting hard or losing its stick. You can find it at just about any store.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 PM

Received 1,162 Likes on 847 Posts
my passenger side headlight is fogs up after a car wash x.X gotta fix that this weekend with some sealant
Old 03-14-2011, 03:16 PM
Team Owner

Received 2,334 Likes on 1,962 Posts
I should start this on the 2G side,, superrrr dead over there...

but u guys sound like u have the same problems I have