What you guys think?..

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008 | 11:59 AM
Drifting

What you guys think?..

Wanna know what ya'll think.

I am debating on painting the rear side markers NBP, so that it is not visible AT ALL.

I have the Rockblockers that I MAY put on, but wanna see what you guys think if I just make it "invisible".

Let me know

Daniel
Old 02-12-2008 | 12:34 PM
A-spec steering wheel ftw

oh god, i hadn't even realized you were in Springfield..LOL i goto WashU St. Louis

mmm i kind of dig the whited out side blinkers and all NBP, if you went all out NBP i think it'll just look kinda weird during the day, and at night it's just a mass of black. and up close it'll probably look kinda weird.

either completely get rid of the rear side markers, dont know if that's legal, or leave as is (save some money)
Old 02-12-2008 | 12:39 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

have you thought about Type S rear sidemarkers?
Old 02-12-2008 | 12:40 PM
Drifting

WAIT!!! You go to WASH U?!!!! DAMN mann, where you from? We should def. try n meet up. STL is only 3 hours from me.

I saw a WDP in the photo section and thought it was hot. I was thinking about pullin the LED and get it painted NBP to match the car, cuz imma get the engine area plastics painted too.

According to MO laws its not illegal, as there is the turn signal and the reflectors are on the tail and not on the side markers.
Old 02-12-2008 | 12:41 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by enigmaos
have you thought about Type S rear sidemarkers?
I have, but those still show color...

I was just thinking of doing away with it completely. Theres no need for it, and after reading up on the side markers. I'm going to get those to flash ONLY when the turn signals are flashing rather than others who have got them to flash and still stay on when the parking lights are on. I think it would flow...
Old 02-12-2008 | 12:48 PM

try photoshopping it. honestly a mod like that i dont find very timeworty.

but yea, STL AZ meets are kind of funny, the one iv'e been to like 5 cars showed up and PAZ's was the hottest one; NBP blows everything out of the water during the summer.

then there was another one, but I missed that one, dont know how well it turned out.
Old 02-12-2008 | 12:51 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by JCL622
try photoshopping it. honestly a mod like that i dont find very timeworty.

but yea, STL AZ meets are kind of funny, the one iv'e been to like 5 cars showed up and PAZ's was the hottest one; NBP blows everything out of the water during the summer.

then there was another one, but I missed that one, dont know how well it turned out.
Yeah, I found out in November that there were actually AZ meets in MO.... I am trying to set another one up in the Meets section, but it aint goin to well....
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:04 PM

LOL this is like AIM for retarded people. Might as well jsut sit in one thread and spam F5.

lol i didnt even LOOK in the meets thread cuz i mean, right now the weather is atrocious. it was 75 degrees 5 days ago and now it's back to 21.

but yea, we'll get in a meet eventually, it's probably a lot harder to get these meets organized because the majority of us AZers in MO are too spread out, and most of us work, alot.

it's so easy in NY because regardless if everybody is working full time, you could meet up anywhere. it doesnt take like an hour just to get to a meet spot.

so yea, don't sweat it, we'll figure something out.

back to topic, i think you should just leave them alone. Save up money do something else! like a RSB, a UR pulley or the TB spacer. or come over and help intall mine LOL
Old 02-12-2008 | 01:52 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Hey,
I havn't posted much lately, but this caught my attention.

PLEASE DO NOT PAINT THEM.

If you like your TL, leave them alone.

From my understandings, you have a NBP, and if you painted your sidemarkers, you would be left with an Acura TSX.

Think about it a second, one of the biggest difference in the TSX and the TL is the side markers / indents the TL has. Now, do you really want to downgrade? It's like the guy who painted his silver TL's roof black...the panoramic look was amazing, but black door handles, why? It degrades your sports-luxury vehicle.

If I were in your shoes, I'd stick with the Type-S markers or leave them red.

I debated on the RB side markers and tails tint, but the car is absolutely great without them. Plus, they would be a great distraction for the cops.
Old 02-12-2008 | 02:42 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
WAIT!!! You go to WASH U?!!!! DAMN mann, where you from? We should def. try n meet up. STL is only 3 hours from me.

I saw a WDP in the photo section and thought it was hot. I was thinking about pullin the LED and get it painted NBP to match the car, cuz imma get the engine area plastics painted too.

According to MO laws its not illegal, as there is the turn signal and the reflectors are on the tail and not on the side markers.

This made me laugh really hard. I get bothered when I have to travel 1hr for a meet here.

Back on topic, if you are serious about painting your rear side marker try putting some black construction paper on it first and see if that's the look you're looking for.
Old 02-12-2008 | 03:39 PM
Suzuka Master

Do the side markers with Nite Shades and if you don'r like it Prep Sol removes it ..

Its pretty easy .... I did it on my black Passat and on the rear of the TL.

Sorry I don't have a closeup

And here is the Passat .. you have to look close .. the front side marker that was amber is located below the chrome bumper strip on the left.

The rear one is under the chrome strip just behind the rear wheel and was a red lense. Both light up the original color just darker.

Old 02-12-2008 | 03:57 PM

No paint; my
Old 02-12-2008 | 09:43 PM
Drifting

ok, well I guess this has answered my question, I will just be using rockblocker
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:06 PM
iScrape going into

I have all my side markers painted, including my rear tail lights. They should be in the photo gallery somewhere.
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:08 PM

well i'll be seeing his TL shortly, so if you're still interested in the mod Fulani, wait like a week or two, and when i see Distorted Reality's car in person i'll let you know how i feel about doing this again. lol
Old 02-12-2008 | 10:13 PM
Drifting

Yeah, I guess I can waittt....
Old 02-13-2008 | 11:32 AM
Advanced

1989?

Sounds cool, maybe you should get a mullett and put pinstriping on the taillights too... Seriously I think it would look too downscale for a car of the TL's caliber....
Old 02-13-2008 | 11:42 AM
Drifting

Actually, now that you ASKED... I do have a mullett its about halfway down my back, and I put pinstriping all the way around the car a 360!!!!

Haha, naww man. I was just asking about the rear markers. Its either paint em n hid em, rockblocker them, convert to 07....
Old 02-13-2008 | 11:44 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by Eoanou

This made me laugh really hard. I get bothered when I have to travel 1hr for a meet here.

Back on topic, if you are serious about painting your rear side marker try putting some black construction paper on it first and see if that's the look you're looking for.

Mann 3 Hrs is like nothing. When I was in Northern VA, I would get stuck in traffic for 3 hours sometime when I went to visit my ex in MD...

But thats a good idea using the construction paper to see if I like it!!!
Old 02-13-2008 | 04:00 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Originally Posted by Fulani has a TL
Mann 3 Hrs is like nothing. When I was in Northern VA, I would get stuck in traffic for 3 hours sometime when I went to visit my ex in MD...

But thats a good idea using the construction paper to see if I like it!!!

If I have to wait in traffic I just stop at a near exit and eat some food until traffic lightens up or passes.