Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what wrong with my acura

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what wrong with my acura

I bought an acura TL 2007 for only 5 months and the battery die 2 times. first time, I brang to the dealer and it said they can't find anything wrong with my car so they just changed the new battery. This morning it happen again but I haven't bring to dealer yet cause I need to go to work. do u guys know about lemon law, I heard my friend said but I wasn't sure.
thanks
Old 03-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Q('.')=O

Received 721 Likes on 521 Posts
sure you dont leave your lights on a lot?
Old 03-12-2008, 12:07 PM
Safety Car

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by imj0257
sure you dont leave your lights on a lot?
every light in the car will go off by itself if you were to leave them on....
Old 03-12-2008, 12:09 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i think they didn't replace your old battery...but anyhow, did they replace with an OEM battery? If thats the case then it must be a crappy one....tell the dealer to replace another one at your choosing.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:27 PM

Received 5,936 Likes on 2,928 Posts
Relax...it's not the car. It's the battery(ies). My first one died in less than a year and I fully expect the second one to do the same. This is not a lemon law issue.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Q('.')=O

Originally Posted by vinnier6
every light in the car will go off by itself if you were to leave them on....
test passed
Old 03-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
Its possible that the replacement battery also had a bad cell or internal problem.
This happens with any manufactured product- some are defective.
The dealer replaces with OE parts, especially on a warranty replacement!
There may be a bad ground somewhere causing the battery to drain overnight?
you did not mention the time between last driven and batetry dead.
Has there been any work done on the stereo- changes made to stock system?
Other mods- lights- wiring changes you have made?- assuming you are original owner?
If not 1st owner- what was done to it before you?

You dont get to tell the dealer what brand of battery of your choosing,,,what world do you live in anyway? this is bizness land here!
Lemon Law is about NEW car being in the shop for 30 days with several attempts to fix and no resolution.
You had a problem- dealer did normal procedure- replace the battery- tested charging system and sent you out to try it again.
Its still not right- so back it goes. End of Story

Note to all: DO NOT jump the dead battery off another car- the alternator was not designed to recharge a dead battery, only to replace the juice actually being used as the car is driving. Doing so puts the severe hurt on the alternator
Use a Battery Charger ~
Old 03-12-2008, 02:23 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
the headlights will go off by themselves.....unless you leave the key in the igniton, then they stay on even iff the ignition is off. I learned that lesson the hard way at work with my 06.Good thing I worked for a tow company. LOL
Old 03-12-2008, 02:28 PM
TL-see

someone in the past had the same problem. I believe it has to do with the Bluetooth in the car trying to sync up with your cellphone, even though it is park in the garage.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:32 PM
too many hobbies...

To the OP: You MUST be joking about the lemon law. Now I know why people gave me so much crap when I lemon lawed a motorcycle 8 years ago. Of course, my bike had the engine blow while I was going 80 miles an hour on the highway and spewing oil all over the place. I still can't believe I didn't wreck and kill myself... bike went to the shop numerous times for an engine rebuild and the a-hole mfr still fought me tooth and nail. (FYI - we ended up settling out of court)

To hear you mention the lemon law after two dead batteries is ridiculous! Get some perspective man! People who throw the lemon law around for minor items give REAL lemon law cases a bad wrap.

Originally Posted by ttribe
Relax...it's not the car. It's the battery(ies). My first one died in less than a year and I fully expect the second one to do the same. This is not a lemon law issue.
Why would you "fully expect" your second battery to die in less than a year?
Old 03-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by pkarandi
To the OP: You MUST be joking about the lemon law. Now I know why people gave me so much crap when I lemon lawed a motorcycle 8 years ago. Of course, my bike had the engine blow while I was going 80 miles an hour on the highway and spewing oil all over the place. I still can't believe I didn't wreck and kill myself... bike went to the shop numerous times for an engine rebuild and the a-hole mfr still fought me tooth and nail. (FYI - we ended up settling out of court)

To hear you mention the lemon law after two dead batteries is ridiculous! Get some perspective man! People who throw the lemon law around for minor items give REAL lemon law cases a bad wrap.

Why would you "fully expect" your second battery to die in less than a year?
Principally because of where I live - the average life for a battery in the 110+ degree weather we get here is VERY short. The second reason, is that when the dealer replaced the first one, it was with a new battery of their choosing which really isn't designed to handle the conditions here. No big deal. In reality here (in PHX), the only time there's a significant expense related to car batteries is when you buy the FIRST one...after that they die so quickly here that you never end up paying full price again. I know it sounds silly, but it's just how things are. The only part of the car that has a shorter expected life than a battery in PHX is your windshield; I think, on average, the typical PHX driver replaces one a year.
Old 03-12-2008, 02:46 PM
too many hobbies...

Thanks for the tip 01tl4tl - I did not know that about jumping a fully dead battery...

ttribe, damm dude! I had no idea that AZ sun beats up batteries like that. Is the frequent windshield replacement also 'cause of the heat? I'm guessing it's because of the quick, constant temp changes from day to night. If so, does a white car cover help at all? Shiit, even if you could extend the 1 year average to 1.5 years, it would save a shiitload of money over the life of a car!
Old 03-12-2008, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the tip 01tl4tl - I did not know that about jumping a fully dead battery...

ttribe, damm dude! I had no idea that AZ sun beats up batteries like that. Is the frequent windshield replacement also 'cause of the heat? I'm guessing it's because of the quick, constant temp changes from day to night. If so, does a white car cover help at all? Shiit, even if you could extend the 1 year average to 1.5 years, it would save a shiitload of money over the life of a car!
Nope, it's the combination of rocks (live in a desert...not much we can do about that) and large trucks on the road. Literally, about once a month I hear a loud CRACK as a small stone gets kicked up into my path on the freeway. So far so good though...I've had the car about a year and a half and haven't had to replace the windshield yet On the flipside we don't have to worry about snow or salt on the roads (and all the bad things that happen to cars from those two substances).
Old 03-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
You know- I remember that thread from some months ago- on the bluetooth staying active if your cell phone was on inside the house- and draining the battery
There must be a way to program it or all of you would have the problem
Old 03-12-2008, 04:03 PM
Q('.')=O

Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
You know- I remember that thread from some months ago- on the bluetooth staying active if your cell phone was on inside the house- and draining the battery
There must be a way to program it or all of you would have the problem

hmm... my phone says "disconnected form handsfreelinktm" immediately after i turn off the engine, get out and lock the car :/
Old 03-12-2008, 04:22 PM
Engineer

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by imj0257
hmm... my phone says "disconnected form handsfreelinktm" immediately after i turn off the engine, get out and lock the car :/
your phone should still be connected with TL's bluetooth after you turn off the engine for certain period of time. it'll disconnect when you walk away far enough from your TL.
Old 03-12-2008, 05:59 PM
Student

Originally Posted by lights
your phone should still be connected with TL's bluetooth after you turn off the engine for certain period of time. it'll disconnect when you walk away far enough from your TL.
So if ur car is parked in the garage and ur inside the house most likely itll seem logical if the phone is connected considering the fact that its not to much of a distance in certain cases
Old 03-12-2008, 06:11 PM
Q('.')=O

^^ no. If I walk literally 10 feet away from my car it will disconnect.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:31 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
i leave my work cell phone in my house when im not at work.. ill pull up, shut the car off...

4 hours later, ill be inside, and ill notice my work cell phone still says on the outside LCd HANDSFREELINK TM

i only had a battery die once in my TL... my 06.. and it was when i was blacking out myheadlights, i let the radio run for an hour... not realizing i had the headlight switch on (engine off).. even though the lights were off the car, the battery was bumping juice to the ballasts i guess

plus.. if im not mistaken, these OEM batteries are crap
Old 03-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Instructor

OEM Battery--Not Much!

I agree that the OEM battery isn't much. I flattened mine at 30 months using the XM while I washed and waxed. Does anybody know how much current the sound system pulls in radio mode?
Old 03-12-2008, 07:00 PM
all work and no play

Received 134 Likes on 97 Posts
any amplified stereo system is gonna kill the battery alot faster than you may be used to in a stock stereo without an amplifier
Old 03-12-2008, 07:45 PM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
^ ahh very true.. even factory, these cars have an amp.... def. more battery draw
Old 03-13-2008, 02:56 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by kevinacura
I bought an acura TL 2007 for only 5 months and the battery die 2 times. first time, I brang to the dealer and it said they can't find anything wrong with my car so they just changed the new battery. This morning it happen again but I haven't bring to dealer yet cause I need to go to work. do u guys know about lemon law, I heard my friend said but I wasn't sure.
thanks
THIS 2007 WAS BOUGHT BACK FOR THE SAME THING... DO THE LEMON LAW, U HAVE TO BRING IT IN 3 TIMES FOR THE SAME REPAIR, THAN CALL YOUR LEMON LAW ATTORNEY GENERAL IN YOUR STATE! HERE IS THE PIC, FUK ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING NOT TO DO IT!!

Old 03-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 209 Likes on 188 Posts
Originally Posted by Black07TL
THIS 2007 WAS BOUGHT BACK FOR THE SAME THING... DO THE LEMON LAW, U HAVE TO BRING IT IN 3 TIMES FOR THE SAME REPAIR, THAN CALL YOUR LEMON LAW ATTORNEY GENERAL IN YOUR STATE! HERE IS THE PIC, FUK ALL THE PEOPLE SAYING NOT TO DO IT!!

There is really no need to curse everyone that doesnt agree with you. We are all here just trying to help and want to resolve this problem for the OP too, or else we wouldnt be posting and there would be no such thing as Acurazine. Feel me?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:08 AM
too many hobbies...

First of all Black07TL, I backed you up on your other thread because all your vibration issues seem like a real problem. People were giving you shiit there - some people back the mfr no matter what sometimes - I don't get it.

BUT, for you to come on here and curse at us for saying 2 dead batteries is NOT a lemon law case is ridiculous. If people invoke the lemon law at every little thing, others (like your case) will get more scrutinized because everyone thinks they are all in the same boat! How can this concept be lost on you?

TWO DEAD BATTERIES?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!? Take it back to the dealer and have them make sure it is not your alternator or something else (I'm no mechanic) and move on... If the problem persists, then it's another story...
Old 03-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
First of all Black07TL, I backed you up on your other thread because all your vibration issues seem like a real problem. People were giving you shiit there - some people back the mfr no matter what sometimes - I don't get it.

BUT, for you to come on here and curse at us for saying 2 dead batteries is NOT a lemon law case is ridiculous. If people invoke the lemon law at every little thing, others (like your case) will get more scrutinized because everyone thinks they are all in the same boat! How can this concept be lost on you?

TWO DEAD BATTERIES?!?!? Are you kidding me?!?!? Take it back to the dealer and have them make sure it is not your alternator or something else (I'm no mechanic) and move on... If the problem persists, then it's another story...
Might have been a slight oversight on your part but "black" says to pursue the LL on the battery issue
Old 03-13-2008, 09:22 AM
too many hobbies...

Originally Posted by ggesq
Might have been a slight oversight on your part but "black" says to pursue the LL on the battery issue
Yeah - that's the point I was making as well. I didn't write that statement in bold very clearly. I was getting pissy about him telling us to fukk-off because we were saying it was NOT a lemon law case.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:28 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
my bad- looks like a slight oversight on my part
Old 03-16-2008, 01:09 AM
Cruisin'

thank everyone for trying to help. The problem is if i do not drive my car for 2 days then the battery die. I bring my car to the dealer and they said they can't find anything wrong beside replace the new battery. 5 months, 2 battery. This is not normal. There must be something wrong with my car that cause the battery drain that quick. Hell with the lady service advisor walk out of me when i said i don't want to just replace the battery. I don't want they keep put the new battery in until my car out of guarantee.
thanks Black07TL. If my car battery die again in a couple of month and they don't do anything beside put the new battery in. I will call the lemon law lawyer.
Old 03-16-2008, 01:29 AM
19" Inchs Of Hyper Black

hopefully you will get his issue solved man good luck
Old 03-16-2008, 01:30 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
dude you are actually going to lemon law a car for a $50 battery (oem battery is cheap cheap cheap cheap)... that is the problem... I understand a lemon law for crazy vibrations and complicated problems...

but honestly... welcome to azine... swap that battery for an optima (performance minded )

I believe optima redtop will withstand the heat in phx too for the previous member discussing the horrible battery life in the dessert
Old 03-16-2008, 01:36 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

by the way acura oem batteries warranty is 100months
Old 03-16-2008, 01:53 AM
Cruisin'

would anyone here please do me a favor. If you guys have a second car to drive. please don't drive your TL for 2 days or more than let me know if your car battery was dead or not.
thanks
Old 03-16-2008, 02:37 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

^ I made a thread about it... my days off are wednesday and thursday... a couple weeks back I parked my car on a tuesday morning... came back on thursday night... and only the lights would flicker....
here is the thread - https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=172187
Old 03-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
I have a separate company car and I've occasionally gone from Sunday to Saturday without starting my car with no issues. Your problem is not normal and I don't care how "cheap" the OEM battery is. Batteries are a crap shoot anyway. Some will last six months, some six years. As others have stated, severe climate batteries will usually die the soonest. If it happens again, I would politely yet firmly demand that they replace the alternator.
Old 03-16-2008, 11:27 AM
2020 RDX A-Spec

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kevinacura
would anyone here please do me a favor. If you guys have a second car to drive. please don't drive your TL for 2 days or more than let me know if your car battery was dead or not.
thanks
I went on vacation a few weeks ago and my car was not started for 5 days and it did not have any problems starting up when I got back.
Old 03-16-2008, 12:43 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
The best long lasting battery is a spiral cell deep cycle battery.

To the OP, I wouldnt be surprised if you have a short somewhere. I think I read about somebody else here who had a similar issue, and it wasnt even the battery, it was the starter or alternator or something...
Old 03-16-2008, 12:53 PM
Senior Moderator
Regions Leader

Received 214 Likes on 131 Posts

hey, calm the fuck down dude.

lemon law for a battery. puleeze
Old 03-16-2008, 01:00 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hfl

Originally Posted by yourit
someone in the past had the same problem. I believe it has to do with the Bluetooth in the car trying to sync up with your cellphone, even though it is park in the garage.
I had the same issue, happened twice that the battery got fully drained after the car parked outside for 3 days. First time Dealer replaced the battery, it happened again. Dealer then replaced my HFL???!! and it never happened again FOR NOW.
Old 03-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by ttribe
Principally because of where I live - the average life for a battery in the 110+ degree weather we get here is VERY short. The second reason, is that when the dealer replaced the first one, it was with a new battery of their choosing which really isn't designed to handle the conditions here. No big deal. In reality here (in PHX), the only time there's a significant expense related to car batteries is when you buy the FIRST one...after that they die so quickly here that you never end up paying full price again. I know it sounds silly, but it's just how things are. The only part of the car that has a shorter expected life than a battery in PHX is your windshield; I think, on average, the typical PHX driver replaces one a year.

I concur... Batteries don't last for shit in this heat!

Quick Reply: what wrong with my acura