Sponsored by:

what should i get? 06 tl v.s. Es 330 V.s. Highlander

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 10:51 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what should i get? 06 tl v.s. Es 330 V.s. Highlander

hey guys,

Im looking to get a new car her are my choices i can get a brand new 2006 tl for about $33,000 without taxes automatic and no navi ( i can still negotiate). I can get a used lexus es 330 with around 15k miles on it for $27,000 and no navi. Or i can get a brand new toyota highlander for around $27,000 that has no sunroof and no leather and no navi. All the prices are without taxes and are still negotiable.

Know here is what my brain is thinking,

Lexus: i should get a lexus because it a little cheaper and it seems a little more luxary type and relaible, i should also get it because i have an 2003 tl and its boring having the same brand.

Tl: its an awesome new car has alot of technology looks really good and is fast for a family sedan. Also i should get it because its brand new and i had a tl before and i know alot abot them and just because im a fan and in loce with acura.

Highlander: New car it is very reliable but does not have so good gas mileage its a suv so its 4 wheel drive so i can go out when it snows and easier to take my family when we are going on vacation and obviosly bigger then the lexus and acura. and i need a suv since i dont have one and i can drive big things in it?

Ok so what should i get? And how is the price for the tl and lexus and highlander.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:32 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow interesting range of cars here:

here's my 2 cents

TL: I've had it for EXACTLY 48 hours and 3 mins now, 2006TL RBP/Parchment/6MT/Navi and definately will tell you to get this car.

ES330: hot car, interior is beautiful, lexus quality, exterior is blah boring and bland, feels like a heavy car, not really a sports sedan, half a notch more luxirious than the tl, not sporty enough for me

Highlander: its a toyota that's fantastic, REALLY HATE SUV's so I won't even comment...
Old 04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

Exactly..
TL- looks 100x better, quicker, full of wonderful toys

Lexus- Ugly and too Camry looking

Highlander-Great truck but if you need that space well go for it..
Old 04-17-2006, 05:32 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 4,613 Likes on 2,193 Posts
You get what you ask for if you go to a TL forum...

The TL offers the best bang for the buck and offers some sport in addition to luxury. Plus, in your situation, it's new.

The ES330 is more a luxury cruiser than a sport sedan. It's a nice car, but not sporty enough for me. In your situation, if you're worried about cost, and don't care about a sporty ride, the ES330 is enough for you.

I don't know enough about the Highlander to comment intelligently.

Good luck in your search!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 PM
Advanced

We have these cars, within the family, a 2005 TL, a 2003 TL-S, a 2002 ES300 and a 2003 Toyota Highlander. We love the TL, the 03 has been quite a headache with various issues, the ES300 has been less than satisfactory as far as driving excitement (I loved our 00 ES 300 in pearl white/ platinum) and the Highlander is a great ride, quality and durability with good space. I would go with the TL because we get great gas mileage and love the ride. If you go with a Lexus I recommend a 2001 GS430.
Old 04-17-2006, 05:44 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by WhitePearl
hey guys,

Im looking to get a new car her are my choices i can get a brand new 2006 tl for about $33,000 without taxes automatic and no navi ( i can still negotiate). I can get a used lexus es 330 with around 15k miles on it for $27,000 and no navi. Or i can get a brand new toyota highlander for around $27,000 that has no sunroof and no leather and no navi. All the prices are without taxes and are still negotiable.

Know here is what my brain is thinking,

Lexus: i should get a lexus because it a little cheaper and it seems a little more luxary type and relaible, i should also get it because i have an 2003 tl and its boring having the same brand.

Tl: its an awesome new car has alot of technology looks really good and is fast for a family sedan. Also i should get it because its brand new and i had a tl before and i know alot abot them and just because im a fan and in loce with acura.

Highlander: New car it is very reliable but does not have so good gas mileage its a suv so its 4 wheel drive so i can go out when it snows and easier to take my family when we are going on vacation and obviosly bigger then the lexus and acura. and i need a suv since i dont have one and i can drive big things in it?

Ok so what should i get? And how is the price for the tl and lexus and highlander.
2006 TL, because you're on Acura forum and 3G section.
Old 04-17-2006, 06:36 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
For $33k you should be able to pick up an '06 TL WITH navi...and you really want this car with it don't ya? (Trust us..you do =p )

That's what you pay invoice for an 06 loaded w/navi don't settle for less, and get the aftermarket stuff (mats, etc) online and save yourself a boatload of $$.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:37 PM
Racer

ok guys im probably gonna get the acura
Old 04-17-2006, 09:15 PM
Safety Car

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
lol
Old 04-18-2006, 01:16 AM
10th Gear

I had a Lexus ES300, not 330, but they are very similar cars and let me tell you that driving is a whole new realm with the TL. The Lexus is nice and luxurious, but it is boring also. The TL is sportier, better technology. Driving is fun again. Get the navi. what you do is get internet prices of the TL with Navi and other options you want. Do not send this email to the dealer you are closest to. You need 2 or 3 internet prices. Take the lowest price and email the other 2 internet dealers the lowest price and tell them to beat it. When they email you back with a lower price, take a copy of the lowest emailed price into your dealership and tell the regular sales people tp beat it. This is the best way of negotiating without the hassles of hearing all the talk at the dealership. 99% sure that any dealer will match or beat a competitor. Good luck with your decision.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:48 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Highlander!! gogogoogo you sure you dont want an honda odyssey?
Old 04-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Intermediate

I traded a 2005 ES330 for my 2006 TL

I had the Lexus for exactly one year and put 15,000 miles on it. Fully loaded including Nav. The Lexus was a great car, well it was a "Lexus". I sold it because it was boring. My wife and I were calling it a Buick after a few months.

Features of the Lexus that I do miss:
Rear window sun shade
Compass in rear view mirror
Auto on/off headlamps
The nav unit in the Lexus tilted to reduce glare and also swung open to access a single CD player, there was also a 6 disc unit in the arm rest.
Lexus came with full sized spare tire with same wheel.
The Lexus rode about 40% smoother than the TL
The Lexus was quieter than the TL
Back seat passengers liked the Lexus a bit more than the TL but not much.

I knew when I bought the Lexus it would be the most dependable car I'd own but the most boring. I guess I could not handle boring!

The TL has a better audio system (by far) than the Lexus
The Nav is easier to use than the Lexus, the Lexus would take no commands except by voice when moving.
The voice recognition system in the TL is about 60% better than the Lexus (big time)
The TL gets off the line a whole lot faster than the Lexus, the Lexus did not want to move from a stop without a big stomp on the gas pedal.

I have not had the TL serviced yet but Lexus service is like having your ass kissed in public