Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are my chances of living??

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 10:12 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are my chances of living??

Okay, made it from upstate NY to central Florida in my 04 TL.
Thought for sure, after reading this forum, that I had no chance of making this drive and surviving. Between all of the tire problems, vibrations, etc. etc. etc., didn't think we had a chance.
Today, drove almost 3 1/2 hours to Disney and back. Still no problems! Still have three more trips to Disney, plus a couple of longer trips way down to the south of Florida. Then of course, the return trip home in early March. Maybe I should increase my life insurance??

Now that I've said all of the BS, this is really some car!
I've put on about 2000 miles in a week and do not have one complaint. I probably will put on 5 - 6 thousand miles in two months and do not expect any serious problems.
Is the car perfect? Nope! But so far, it is damn close!

Eneg - in sunny Florida
Old 01-05-2004, 10:30 PM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
eneg -

Can you post me as a beneficiary in your will? I promise to take very good care of your TL!

żGotJazz?
Old 01-05-2004, 11:52 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: What are my chances of living??

eneg,

You should have no problem at all with your TL.

I enjoyed my trip with 04TL on the beginning of Nov. From New York to Little Rock, it's quite fine car. As well as its Navi provided well enough information during this journey. We're glad to have this option.

My wife and I all agree we made the right choice to drive the right car, period.

Have fun.
Old 01-06-2004, 06:33 AM
Instructor

Hey żGotJazz?,

Originally posted by żGotJazz?
eneg -

Can you post me as a beneficiary in your will? I promise to take very good care of your TL!

żGotJazz?
Didn't anybody tell you?
You are already listed in my will.
You get the INLAWS!!

Eneg
Old 01-06-2004, 07:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
There is nothing seriously wrong with the car or the tires. The problem with the tires only occurs when they are cold. As far as my 04 TL goes I love it.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:46 AM
Cesspool of Knowledge

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by eneg
Hey żGotJazz?, Didn't anybody tell you?
You are already listed in my will.
You get the INLAWS - !!Eneg
OWTCH!

I guess that's better than the last will I got into. I was given all the debts.

żGotJazz?
Old 01-06-2004, 08:55 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by acur8ly
There is nothing seriously wrong with the car or the tires. The problem with the tires only occurs when they are cold. As far as my 04 TL goes I love it.
100% correct!
Back home in NY, it takes less then 5 minutes for the tires to warm up. Big deal!
Here in Florida, don't have the problem at all.
I'm not going to let the dealer touch my car or get upset about stupid things. Something doesn't work or is broken, that's a different story.
Half of these complaints that I read here are from people looking for problems. . .

Eneg
Old 01-06-2004, 09:31 AM
Advanced

I have put 1900 miles on mine in 3 weeks and have enjoyed every mile. No problems what so ever.

RB
Old 01-06-2004, 10:59 AM
Rum Runner

Eneg,

Welcome to Florida!

Enjoy your drive down the Turnpike to sunny SoFla. Sorry, no mountain twisties to test your suspension, but I would take flat land over dreary snow any day.

Say hi to Mickey for me.
Old 01-06-2004, 07:52 PM
Instructor

Hey Majorhouse,

Originally posted by Majorhouse
Eneg,

Welcome to Florida!

Enjoy your drive down the Turnpike to sunny SoFla. Sorry, no mountain twisties to test your suspension, but I would take flat land over dreary snow any day.

Say hi to Mickey for me.
Thanks for the nice greeting!
You seem to be typical of Floridians.

Eneg - I HATE SNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2004, 08:15 PM
Cruisin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up

To All,

Ditto! ZERO problems with my '04 Satin Silver TL VIN 17,000+. This new TL is the best all around car I've owned in years.

Jim
Old 01-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Racer

Not good in the end! Face it, when you're born the only thing you really have left to do is die! Sorry.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:57 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Eneg:

Could you tell me which leasing company you used to get your car? Was it Honda Financing? It looks like Honda does not lease out any cars in NY?! Your deal looked very similar to what Honda offers to those who lease.

Thanks.
Old 01-08-2004, 03:43 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Novice
Eneg:

Could you tell me which leasing company you used to get your car? Was it Honda Financing? It looks like Honda does not lease out any cars in NY?! Your deal looked very similar to what Honda offers to those who lease.

Thanks.
Hi Novice,

Yep, it was through Honda.
They don't call it leasing in NY, but it really is.
The last optional payment is called a balloon payment.
The bad thing is that you have to pay the full sales tax amount on the car. Something that you don't have to do in a traditional lease.
The good thing, at least when I purchased my car, was that Honda was not leasing very many vehicles as people didn't want to pay the extra $$$ for sales tax. Soooo, they came out with some incentives for us New Yorkers. No bank fees or any of the other garbage fees that they charge for a regular lease. I'd love to give you the particulars, but am gonna be in Florida for a few more weeks. I only broght the car with me, not it's papers

Good Luck to You!

Eneg
Old 01-08-2004, 03:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks very much, eneg! You are very kind. The reason why I asked you about this is that a dealer in NY gave me an incredible deal. I wanted to make sure that I would be able to return the car without any hassle+ enjoy all those goodies come with Honda Financing. This dealer did disappoint me about MD MVA fees. It is about $125 for issuing the license plate, but they asked for $300 total. I am checking into it. It costs me some money to get up there as you know.

I feel better now.

Thanks again.
Old 01-08-2004, 07:23 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Novice
Thanks very much, eneg! You are very kind. The reason why I asked you about this is that a dealer in NY gave me an incredible deal. I wanted to make sure that I would be able to return the car without any hassle+ enjoy all those goodies come with Honda Financing. This dealer did disappoint me about MD MVA fees. It is about $125 for issuing the license plate, but they asked for $300 total. I am checking into it. It costs me some money to get up there as you know.

I feel better now.

Thanks again.
Novice,

Be very careful. I don't know anything about license fees, but to get a NY type lease, I'm pretty sure that you have to live in NY.
On the other hand, if you don't live in NY, I think that you can only get a traditional type lease. Everything, including sales tax, depends on where you live.
Let us know how you make out. . .

Regards,

Eneg