3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What manuals, documents and codes come w/ purchase of new Navigation TL?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2004, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What manuals, documents and codes come w/ purchase of new Navigation TL?

Hello folks, I have a simple question, what manuals, documents and codes come with the purchase of a brand new automatic, navigation TL. My sales person isn't the most competent person but a great guy. Was just curious what I should be expecting in case he might forget something. Thanks for your time and this is the best community to be a member of!
Old 11-08-2004, 04:56 PM
I6

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Manual, navi manual, radio and navi codes, temporary road side assistance card, a little color binder booklet to keep in the glove box, your salesman's card, all the paper work, window sticker. There are some others that I can't remember right now.
Old 11-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I'm Baaack!

Don't forget your XM Quick reference card (you know the one that causes the driver's side door pocket rattle)
Old 11-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Team NightHawk VP

Originally Posted by 6mtV6
Manual, navi manual, radio and navi codes, temporary road side assistance card, a little color binder booklet to keep in the glove box, your salesman's card, all the paper work, window sticker. There are some others that I can't remember right now.

whats the color binder booklet, i never got a color binder booklet
Old 11-08-2004, 06:08 PM
Instructor

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. Anyone else care to enlighten me???
Old 11-08-2004, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by cliff
whats the color binder booklet, i never got a color binder booklet
It may be the quick start guide, which is a little booklet with colored tabs, designed to get you started with enough information until you can read the owner's manual.

This should all come in a plastic/leather folder, which hasn't been mentioned, but I don't think we would call that a color binder booklet.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:06 PM
Advanced

hey im glad this topic came up i have 2005 acura tl auto with navi i was wondering if a pen came with the book case and key chain came in this case because then i ask the dealer they said no funny that my 2002 type s came with a pen and key chain please someone post back all that came in my book case was all the books and codes it seem to me that a pen holder was in the book case and from already owning an acura where the key chain i think to my self did the prep guy took my goodies ? please post back people thanks
Old 11-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Cruisin'

Embrace the period "." Sorry, not an owner so can't help with your questions...
Old 11-08-2004, 07:20 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by TL MaN 05 WdP
hey im glad this topic came up i have 2005 acura tl auto with navi i was wondering if a pen came with the book case and key chain came in this case because then i ask the dealer they said no funny that my 2002 type s came with a pen and key chain please someone post back all that came in my book case was all the books and codes it seem to me that a pen holder was in the book case and from already owning an acura where the key chain i think to my self did the prep guy took my goodies ? please post back people thanks
I didnt get a pen and i know that most other people didnt get a pen because there were a lot of posts a long time ago about people asking about pens and keychains and maybe one or two people would say they got a pen or a key chain and then dozens and dozens and even more people would write in and say they got a pen or a key chain with their previous cars but they didnt get one with this car which they thought was strange because the tl is an expensive car and they should have gotten something but they didnt I hope this answers your question
Old 11-08-2004, 07:28 PM
Awesome to the Max

a DVD-audio disc with sample music?
Old 11-08-2004, 07:32 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by Ron A
I didnt get a pen and i know that most other people didnt get a pen because there were a lot of posts a long time ago about people asking about pens and keychains and maybe one or two people would say they got a pen or a key chain and then dozens and dozens and even more people would write in and say they got a pen or a key chain with their previous cars but they didnt get one with this car which they thought was strange because the tl is an expensive car and they should have gotten something but they didnt I hope this answers your question
Classic...
Old 11-08-2004, 07:35 PM
Instructor

Old 11-08-2004, 07:43 PM
Cruisin'

Originally Posted by terse
a DVD-audio disc with sample music?
Yep! I got that in addition to the above.

And a valet key.
Old 11-08-2004, 07:51 PM
Team NightHawk VP

mine came with window switches
Old 11-08-2004, 11:08 PM
I6

It may be the quick start guide, which is a little booklet with colored tabs, designed to get you started with enough information until you can read the owner's manual.

This should all come in a plastic/leather folder, which hasn't been mentioned, but I don't think we would call that a color binder booklet.

The quick start reference guide. That's what I meant. I forgot what it was called. All I remembered was it being a little color binder booklet with tabs.

Doesn't the plastic/leather folder depend on the dealer?
Old 11-09-2004, 12:04 AM
04 TL 6MT NAVI ABP/Q

Where are the NAV and Radio Codes documented? (as in what does the paper they come on look like)

I dont have a clue where my codes are.
Old 11-09-2004, 01:05 AM
I6

There should be two stickers attached inside your glove box and another two attached to a card that should be with your manuals in the leather folder.
Old 11-09-2004, 07:58 AM
Administrator

6mtv6-The folder is supplied with the car by Acura, not the dealer, so all the papers should be in it when you get the car.

The sticker with the codes is not in the glove box, it is on the outside part visible to you from the driver's seat when you open the glove box, unless they changed this for 2005. Both codes were on one sticker for my 04TL.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:29 AM
Instructor

My '04 (bought in July) didnt have the sticker on the glove compartment, but had the card. Same thing with my '05.

6mtv6-The folder is supplied with the car by Acura, not the dealer, so all the papers should be in it when you get the car.

The sticker with the codes is not in the glove box, it is on the outside part visible to you from the driver's seat when you open the glove box, unless they changed this for 2005. Both codes were on one sticker for my 04TL.
Old 11-09-2004, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Maybe some dealers put it on the side of the glove box and some don't. I just read so many people here saying theirs was on the side of the glove box that I thought Acura was doing it, but maybe not.
At least we know t look in the folder for the stickers to make sure they are there.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:33 AM
I6

Didn't know the folder was supplied by Acura. I just thought my dealer had great service. Also when I got my TL I saw my salesman get the folder from a box. The folder was wrapped in plastic so it had to be opened. My salesman had to put all the manuals, documents, papers in. He than handed it to me.

All 3 04 TLs I bought had the radio sticker and navi sticker attached on the glove box so you can see it when you open the glove box. There is another two stickers that is attached to the anti-theft id card. The two codes are not on one sticker.

This was also how it was on my 03 Accord coupe 6mt/navi.
Old 11-09-2004, 10:50 AM
Team Anthracite Member

The 05s don't come with the DVD-Audio demo disc anymore...
Old 11-09-2004, 03:05 PM
Advanced

thanks buddy it help out thank you very much i feel a lil better that i know most people didnt get it because i felt like they took those things acura just didnt do it this year i guess but hey maybe they do something nice in the future the key chain would of been nice oh yeah i forgot to add i got the dvd audio disk too for people that ask if their tl came with dvd audio sample disk hey Ron A did you get the key chain ? my dealer gave me there key chains i also called up acura about this question they were help they took my info and said they gonna try to find out if it does come with it they will mail me it i thought that was bs that they didnt know what came with the car how does these people get a job shouldnt they know what comes in the product that they are selling or working for thanks again = o) Ron A
Old 11-09-2004, 03:27 PM
Instructor

Yes, my 2005 is coming with the DVD Audio disc!
Old 11-09-2004, 03:36 PM
Golf & Technology Addict

I received two key chains - one with the red LED bulb, and the other just a polished Acura oval. My salesman provided them so me and my wife could tell whose set was whose, without without having to read the little numbers on the FOBs - I thought it was a nice touch.
Old 11-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Instructor

So let me clarify the conclusion then to my question at the beginning of this thread. The manuals and codes that come with the 2005 Acura TL w/ Navi are as follows: Owner's Manual, Navigational Manual, Quick Start Guide, DVD Audio Disc, Anti-Theft i.d. card 2 codes??, XM Quick Reference Card, Temp. Roadside Assitance Card, a Valet Key, Radio Code, Navi Code, and the DVD Navigation disc which should be the 3.40A version???

If I am incorrect or missing anything please let me know, I am picking my car up hopefully on Friday of this week..

-2005 TL 5-Speed Automatic w/ Navigation System
-Anthracite Metallic w/ Camel Interior
-A-Spec Appearance Package
-Wood Select Knob
-Door Edge Trim
-Protection Package
Old 11-09-2004, 04:15 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by zax123
The 05s don't come with the DVD-Audio demo disc anymore...

I got one
Old 11-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Instructor

So let me clarify the conclusion then to my question at the beginning of this thread. The manuals and codes that come with the 2005 Acura TL w/ Navi are as follows: Owner's Manual, Navigational Manual, Quick Start Guide, DVD Audio Disc, Anti-Theft i.d. card 2 codes??, XM Quick Reference Card, Temp. Roadside Assitance Card, a Valet Key, Radio Code, Navi Code, and the DVD Navigation disc which should be the 3.40A version???

If I am incorrect or missing anything please let me know, I am picking my car up hopefully on Friday of this week..

-2005 TL 5-Speed Automatic w/ Navigation System
-Anthracite Metallic w/ Camel Interior
-A-Spec Appearance Package
-Wood Select Knob
-Door Edge Trim
-Protection Package
Old 12-13-2004, 11:53 AM
tkx
05.TL.WDP.DYN.NAVI

Originally Posted by terse
I got one